RECCE button and SA format

Jak525

Currently, the RECCE switch toggles the HMD on/off, allowing for quick enable and disable of the JHMCS, without needing to adjust the rotary knob. Much quicker, and nice to declutter while looking inside the cockpit, etc.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yep that's a great feature @daarseth, but curious about this SA thing. I will comment and see if Jello replies.

Yes, currently that is all it does.

In real life:

To manually blank/unblank the HMD, the PILOT depresses and releases the RECCE Event Marker switch on the flight control stick. The WSO castles aft for more than 800 ms on the right hand controller DCA to manually blank the aft HMD. The HMD continues to slave weapons and create designations when blanked, however, visual feedback of the designated target is not available when blanked. In order to resolve the dual functionality of the RECCE event marker switch when both MIDS and JHMCS are utilized, the following mechanization is commanded:

a. When TDC priority is assigned to the SA Format, MIDS expand functionality is the only function for the HOTAS switch. This is true even if the HMD is manually blanked prior to entering the SA format.

b. When TDC priority is not assigned to the SA Format, HMD manual blanking is the only function executed by the HOTAS switch.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria