Is the deck crew going to have some sort of damage model?

Agg

What I mean is, if I forget to set the brakes and roll over one of the deck crew, is that going to mean he's going to have a "bad time", or are you just going to roll "through" him? What if (or maybe I should say when) someone crashes into the deck - are they going to wipe out the entire deck crew?

Or....

I wonder what people would prefer? :)

Forum Poll:

Would you like to see:

A) Decapitations, mangling, loss of limb, rotor accidents, jet blasts blowing men into the ocean

B) None of the above by just closing your eyes and imagining they rolled away under your wing.

Follow up question:

What was your age at the time of answering "A" to question 1?

:D

I think we could skip spawning a new game of "Supercarrier skittles" in DCS with option B.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

How about one of those defensive rolls, as per The Witcher?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

How about one of those defensive rolls, as per The Witcher?

i haven't played that particular game, but yes, i think a dive or roll out of harms way, would be more than enough.

i wouldn't even mind too much, if the crew would just be invincible. however i do wonder, how the deck crew will act when the carrier is on fire or maybe even sinking?

it would be a little bit immersion-breaking, if they would just loop through their animation patterns while the ship gets slowly devoured by flames or by the sea...

What I mean is, if I forget to set the brakes and roll over one of the deck crew, is that going to mean he's going to have a "bad time", or are you just going to roll "through" him? What if (or maybe I should say when) someone crashes into the deck - are they going to wipe out the entire deck crew?

The best thing would be for the deck crew to walk away and try to avoid the path of a plane that do not follow the orders of the guys in yellow shirt !

But those deck crew behaviors could be very difficult to modelise correctly ... the number of the different possible situations is quickly really HUGE even with a rather small number of objects on the deck !

And seriously, in real life, a Navy Pilot who is not following the movement orders on a Carrier Flight Deck ... it's not realist either !

This pilot risks to be grounded in no time !

So why ED would spend a lot of time and efforts to try to modelise those non realistics situations and behaviors ??

I do prefer a lot they use their limited man ressources to debbug the Radio Comms for the Case I, II & III Recovery operations ... if needed at release time !

That's much more important for the real "usability" of this module than trying to satisfy a few simmers that only want to put a big mess on the flight deck just for fun ...!

I have the weakness to think that it's obvious to everyone here !??

Edited by RaiderOne

• ED Team

Hi

The crew will not have a collision model, and definitely no blood and guts, it would effect the rating for our Sim.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

The crew will not have a collision model, and definitely no blood and guts, it would effect the rating for our Sim.

thank you

Great decision!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Hi

thank you

Because dropping 500lb bombs is good healthy fun! :thumbup:

j/k

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Happy to hear they won't have a collision model!

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

nice addition to carrier effects list would be when cable strikes deck from aircraft arrestor hook, we see a shower of sparks.

Well, its OT, but a way better suggestion than hoovering up the deck crew.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi

thank you

I’m failing to see how that makes sense. We can drop nukes via the Mig21 ingame, and we’re worried about the ESRB rating for this “simulator”?...

I’m honestly confused.

• 3 weeks later...

I totally disagree with the crew not having a damage model. I understand where Eagle Dynamics is coming from as far as the rating situation is concerned, but lets be real here. How many people that buy modules for DCS do you really believe is under the age of 17. I doubt very many, flight sims in general make for a very expensive hobby. Easy to rack up a 1,000 dollars alone in just stick, throttle and rudder. Some of us get the over priced MFD's too. This is not a kids game, if only reason to not put money into the soldiers is because of the 17+ rating you would receive in my humble opinion is ridiculous and sounds more like an excuse and NOT a legit reason. I would wager average DCS player is for sure 25 and older if not really 30 and older. Don't get me wrong, I will stand up for Eagle Dynamics and proudly wave the DCS flag. Best damn flight sim on the market bar none. I realize we dont fly people and the pilots and soldiers are low priority but come on guys, it's 2020, not 1999. Call Arma 3 developers and purchase a license to use their soldier rendering and animations. it will kill immersion to run over deck crew or crew chief and nothing happens, like he's a ghost or just disappears. I just got done defending you guys to some small minded dude that doesn't think we should pay for the carrier, I guess he believes R&D is free lol. But then I read a post stating no damage model because it would change the rating if it had blood and guts. That's just really disappointing, I assumed (my fault there) that the soldiers and Pilots were not upgraded with better rendering and graphics along with proper damage models due to a it being low on priority list. This is after all, a war simulation. My apologies for the lengthy rant, and I'm still very excited to get the carrier module.

Edited by Jksmith0902