Mode: Auto

MFUZ: off

EFUZ: Inst

Code: matches TGP

TGP setup

FLIR: On

Laser: Armed

TRIG: boxed

Once i release the bomb i push the trigger and hold it. L ARM sign in the TGP DDi changes to LTD/R but just a second and come back to L ARM again although I have the trigger pushed, so i cant mantain my laser tracking.

I tried just pushing and release the trigger and same result, the laser doesnt keep latched.

I also tried to push the trigger just few seconds before the bomb reach the target but again it turn to L ARM.

Please , any idea what im doing wrong. Thanks in advance

I beleive if you press the UFC option on the TGP screen, then you will be able to select the top one (I think LTD? - that one is for your own laser targeting. The other LST? that one is lasing for others.

Then you should be able to press the trigger and release for the laser to fire.

Atm you only need to press and release to toggle the laser on. Holding it seems to switch it on and off again.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Jdam with laser? Are not a gps weapon? I use the TPOD to find and send the coordinates to the Jdam in too. Am I wrong?

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

As Darcwaynard says, the trigger acts as a toggle for firing the laser, you shouldn't hold it down.

And arturojgt, you're right, JDAMs aren't laser guided (the ones in DCS, the GBU-56 uses has a seeker for terminal laser guidance, but we don't have that one).

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

i have a problem with GBUs 10/12/16 and the pod laser:

A/G and ARM set.

Stores page setup;

Mode: Auto

MFUZ: off

EFUZ: Inst

Code: matches TGP

TGP setup

FLIR: On

Laser: Armed

TRIG: boxed

Once i release the bomb i push the trigger and hold it. L ARM sign in the TGP DDi changes to LTD/R but just a second and come back to L ARM again although I have the trigger pushed, so i cant mantain my laser tracking.

I tried just pushing and release the trigger and same result, the laser doesnt keep latched.

I also tried to push the trigger just few seconds before the bomb reach the target but again it turn to L ARM.

Please , any idea what im doing wrong. Thanks in advance

By default, the F/A-18C uses "latch" for it's Litening pod, meaning that you depress the gun trigger to enable the laser marking, then depress the gun trigger to disable the laser marking. It was not like this originally, and if you watched a video that used this procedure, it is now outdated information.

All other steps seem correct, from what you described so this is most likely your issue.

GBU (Guided Bomb Unit). 500 lb JDAMs for the Hornet are the GBU-38. 500 lb laser guided for the Hornet are GBU-12. Just for clarification.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

If you are trying this after re-arming, there seems to be a bug where your laser won't stay armed after taking off again.

I do multiple sorties with rearming and using the laser on the pod after the first flight. Sometimes multiple rearm and refuels. Seems like if people are experiencing the laser not staying “firing” - it is most likely burn out. This is modeled in DCS.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I do multiple sorties with rearming and using the laser on the pod after the first flight. Sometimes multiple rearm and refuels. Seems like if people are experiencing the laser not staying “firing” - it is most likely burn out. This is modeled in DCS.

Cheers,

Don

Not sure why it works for some and not others, but I constantly get this after long flights (with the laser only being on for maybe 4 min total). But, if you want to follow it more closely, I assume they will update this thread when they have found more info.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=252515