Burner Length

Is it safe ? I am not tying to be a smart ass, but is it safe to edit files like that ? Is it going to impact frame rates etc ?
Editing LUA files is fine. Just make sure to make a backup and safely store it somewhere, in case you mess something up. If you mess up your backup as well by accident, just delete the file altogether and run the Repair utility, which will download the latest default file from the server.

The only real issue is that editing some LUA files will not allow you to play on MP servers that require Integrity Check.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Editing LUA files is fine. Just make sure to make a backup and safely store it somewhere, in case you mess something up. If you mess up your backup as well by accident, just delete the file altogether and run the Repair utility, which will download the latest default file from the server.

The only real issue is that editing some LUA files will not allow you to play on MP servers that require Integrity Check.

Or make a OvGME mod to disable it before update :smilewink:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Or make a OvGME mod to disable it before update :smilewink:
That's indeed what I do. But I decided to completely forget about it and describe the manual way.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Out of curiosity, I tried this and I even tried 16 and 32 and it looks better, but the length doesn't vary with how much AB you run, so it's already very long with min AB. I guess ED has to do some work here still to get it right luna-trcv.png

Reverting to default tho.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg