No in the F5E

IvanK

I can't wait to see the videos of you taking out fully armed F15s and Flankers. It would be very educational.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Spain does not use the F/A-18C... only EF-18A and F/A-18A+ Hornets. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish with this austere version of the F-5E. It's going to be good fun.:thumbup:

Go look at the screens. Says right on the right side vertical panel below the tail hook.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I don't really care about the reasoning... I'm just happy to have the module. A good pilot will find a way to be successful and that is the fun part for me. I'll probably get shot down a lot in the F-5E at first and that's ok while I am still learning from the experience. In most modern combat aircraft the aircraft does most of the work for you. That is not the case with the F-5E, you have be smart in its employment. MiG-21's, Su-27's, MiG-29's, F-15's... the opponent does not matter. Get in, hit the target and get out and if one of those other jets want to tangle then we'll dance. I care more about mission completion, solid tactical decision making and learning the airframe/systems operation than how my score stacks up in death match server so most of the arguments against this jet seem kind of silly to me. To each their own though. If you don't want a simple DCS ASM/EFM tactical fighter don't get it, it's that simple.

i never said anything about not buying it..... its just that people keep thinking this is going to be facing modern fighters, forgeting about the Mig21bis module here, and also other legacy fighters that are not yet in DCS.

ultimately modern fighters vs others of the same generation, does take skill getting in a proper intercept, and launching and evading missiles too, its just oriented at longer ranges, and using the more sophisticated technology is more chanagling to learn is in its oen way vs simpler more primitive technology thats easier to learn.

realistically Mig21bis and F5E vs 4th geenration fighters is really just those who want a masochistic challenge, the minority id say.

IM buying it because ii like the aircraft. However the primarily reasoning is related to BST reason for creating the F5E. I like most people here, want a fairer and more competitive matchup for MP , not unfair 1 sided matchups ( ie vs Modern jets).

Which now the F5E vs Mig21bis, and future LN A37J viggen will offer against each other in the 3rd generation legacy aircraft era. This legacy era will continue to expand in the future, with modules like the A7 corsair and A6 intruder being planned by Razbam, an potentially addtions like the F4 phnatom, Mirage 3, Mirage F1 etc. etc.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD