Picking my next module. Help!

Mad Dog 7.62

Yes there is. Atleast through mods. MiG-21 is a lot of fun. Interesting and challenging to fly and manage. Interesting systems but nothing to complex.

After a long hard day nothing is as relaxing as destroying bombers and tanks with radar beam riding anti-ship missiles. And if that's not enough you can always hit ground units with a tactical nuke. Some people can lob those nukes impressive distances with accuracy.

Check my F-15C guide

Mig-21, Mirage and L-39 are great and they all have their own merits but if I were to recommend just one module for me it is easy - the Mi-8! I was not interested in helicopters but bought the Huey in the sale since it was cheap and instantly loved it, helicopters are more about flying skill rather than operating complex systems but they so many uses from troop transport from ships to sling loading to gunships. I liked the Huey so much I decided to buy the mi-8 and found it to be like the Huey but on steroids!!

Get the mi-8, you will not regret it!

Edited by Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

The Mig 21 has a sublime cockpit, a true art form when it comes to a battered old war horse.

I think any module by ED or any third party ultimately helps ED.

For me the Hawk is the one jet aircraft I wait patiently for completion.. and I am happy to wait for her.

However if you do not want to wait the MI-8 is a superb module.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Does the Mig21 have an English cockpit available? (Hey pretend its an export version lol). You know one thing that puzzles me is that ED has never updated the Su-25 to the level of the A-10C with a fully clickable cockpit......I would pay for a full up Su-25 update.

It does. No mods needed. And it's beautiful! :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

MiG-21bis is a solid choice and comes with full manual and campaign. But in general, stay clear of the Hawk and C-101 and you will be fine, they feel more like advanced mods than modules. ED and Belsimtek modules are all great. Love the F86F, Mig-15bis and L-39C/ZA. Mirage-2000C is very unfinished at the moment, but the developers (Razbam) shows great skill and knowledge. Razbam also gives the community a lot of honest updates on progress. (that is not filled with hot air or excuses)

Go for the MiG-21. It's a beast to fly and the pilot workload makes it a fun challenge.