Where is the manual?

pszuch

I see manuals in PDF format for the A-10 and F-16 in the downloads/documentation section on this site, but I do not see one for the FA-18C. I know there are plenty of guides on YouTube to get a newbie like me up and running with the Hornet, but I'd still like a printable manual. I am not at my home PC now, so perhaps a manual was downloaded to my PC along with the purchased aircraft.

The manual is included in each module. You can find it in your DCS folder under DCS World/mods/aircraft/Hornet/doc or something like that. For the Hornet it's just an Early Access Guide, as the full manual is not yet available.

It's great to see someone who wants to learn by reading the manual instead of just watching videos or playing tutorials. The manual is the best way to learn a new aircraft IMHO :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

<your directory path>\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Doc

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I am not at my home PC now, so perhaps a manual was downloaded to my PC along with the purchased aircraft.

The early access WIP guide is found here

• "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Doc\DCS FA-18C Early Access Guide EN.pdf"

There are versions for CH DE EN FR KO and RU

Chuck's "F/A-18C Hornet Guide" is also recommend and often more up to date.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212282

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I believe this depents on the language your DCS is running,

Run it in german and if you want everything in english just change the sim language.

I did it too, because so many tutorials are in english,

P.S. it`s good for the brain :D:D:D

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

I believe this depents on the language your DCS is running,

Run it in german and if you want everything in english just change the sim language.

I did it too, because so many tutorials are in english,

P.S. it`s good for the brain :D:D:D

Bonzo is talking about the downloadable manuals on the website, not the ones that get installed with DCS. In your DCS installation you always have all manuals in all available languages, regardless of the language of your DCS installation.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Bonzo is talking about the downloadable manuals on the website, not the ones that get installed with DCS. In your DCS installation you always have all manuals in all available languages, regardless of the language of your DCS installation.

That is correct for the F-18 manual. I just yesterday switched my DCS to English and I have all the manuals in all possible languages. However, the German DCS User Manual has simply vanished. Well, that doesn't matter, it's out of date anyway. (Steam version btw.)

That is correct for the F-18 manual. I just yesterday switched my DCS to English and I have all the manuals in all possible languages. However, the German DCS User Manual has simply vanished. Well, that doesn't matter, it's out of date anyway. (Steam version btw.)

It vanished from your installation? Hmm, maybe it's not included in the current DCS version. Or maybe it's a steam thing :dunno:

Tornado3 small.jpg