Maybe a 2 seater ?

Flyschool

Wow, you mean the GIB actually does something, I thought they were there to carry the flight lunches.:D

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

More different than you would realize. I'd love an F-5F but I'm not holding my breath (would prefer a T-38 though).

Guess you are correct. Had to look it up. The F-5 is an evolution of the t-38, but there are many differences such as honeycomb wings, leading edge flaps, and more. Too bad the F-20 came too late.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While the F-5B is kinda similar to the T-38 (has a similar nose etc and has no onboard cannon) the F-5E still retains all the capabilities of the Single Seat F-5E (it looses 1 cannon some internal fuel and is a bit heavier but otherwise its as capable)

It has a radar 1 cannon and can carry all ordnance the Single Seat can.

And it also twin Radar Screens so it could be a fun two seat aircraft especially if they gave it AGM-65 capability (if they found enough info for it)

AMG-65 Capability was actually more common for the Two seaters then for the Single seaters.

As the Two seater gave the benefit of having a WSO (back seater) to handle the Maverick and its display while the pilot could fly the aircraft.

So some users would get the maverick displays for their two seaters and have it do more of a strike role and leave the air-air to the single seaters (as they had slightly better flight performance etc).

But even if i would love to see a F-5F i dont think its to likely sadly as it would take some major work.

It would need a modified Flight model and some structural changes (more then just adding a second cockpit as its nose it stretched and some other changes)

and also they would have to work on the Two seat capability (so they would have to make two cockpits even if the front one should be pretty identical to the F-5E)

If they make it i will probably buy it but i would not count on it.

But id much rather have a Two seat variant of a fighter then someone making another Trainer =P.

• 2 weeks later...