Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

What, where, why?

+1

What did i miss? :dunno:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

+1

What did i miss? :dunno:

I think it was a reference to a recent discussion (yet again) about Soviet/Russian 4th gen modules in Russian DCS World forum section (IIRC it was in thread about rockets).

Shortly - everyone in that thread has a big wish for such jet, but Chizh says it's not possible.

The entire discussion was rather unpleasant...

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Thanks for clarification! :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Actually, I don't even know what could be "mindmelting" if it's not some relatively modern Russian or Chinese plane. Another NATO toy? We already have plenty of them, including EF and the whole teen series (if you count RAZBAM F-15E). A BLUEFOR attack chopper? It's not nearly "mindmelting", after Mi-24 was announced and since we know AH-1 was elaborated on but freezed (but only due to manpower concerns, no problems with data as it seems). So there's nothing really that could earn such a description in my eyes, since CHIZH on Russian forum once again denied Russian modern jets. That really makes me sad. Though I still hope that if Hind is possible nowadays, than maybe CHIZH just doesn't tell as everything.

a VTOL SR-71 with glass cockpits and weapons... that's mind melting.

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

I don't know if it's "mindmelting" but a bomber - i'm looking at you canceled TU-22m MOD - would be a new thing for DCS and also fitting the new Syria map. But this guess is as good as every other one. :music_whistling:

I don't know if it's "mindmelting" but a bomber - i'm looking at you canceled TU-22m MOD - would be a new thing for DCS and also fitting the new Syria map. But this guess is as good as every other one. :music_whistling:

Actually for the syria map that makes sense, we've got most american fighter already fa18,f16 (f14) and the f15e comming latter, but no full fidelity "modern" russian plane, would be very fitting if we got it.

edit: while it is fitting it doesn't mean it will be possible

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Isn't that the X-Men ride?

Hardware: MSI MPG Z790 EDGE WiFi MB, i9-13900K @ 4.3GHz, 64GB DDR5, NVidia RTX 4090 24GB DDR6X, 2TB M.2 970 EVO Plus, 1TB SSD 850 EVO, Windows 11 Pro, HP Reverb G2, Tobii Head Tracker, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM F/A-18C Grip, TM Viper TQS Mission Pack, CH Pro Pedals.

Modules: A-10A, A-10C, F/A-18C, P-51D-50, Fw 190 A-8, Fw 190 D-9, Bf 109 K-4, Spitfire IX, Mosquito FB VI, AJS-37 Viggen, M-2000C, F-86F, F-15C, F-15E, F-5E, F-14A/B, L-39C, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, MiG-29, SU-27, SU-33, AV-8B, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H, SA342, A-4E-C, NTTR, PG, CA, Normandy, Channel, Syria, Marianas, South Atlantic, WWII Assets Pack

I would say - We have the end of June, almost July already, so it's basically later this year. So how about ED finally revealing the module?

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

I tried building something like that as an SSTO in KSP once... didn't axactly manage to get there though as the VTOL part is very hard to nail.

I'd probably buy a regular SR-71 for that upcoming civsim if there was one since I feel the need and a Tomcat wouldn't be fast enough. In DCS, the maps are kinda limiting though. Still would appreciate some recon stuff.

I don't know if it's "mindmelting" but a bomber - i'm looking at you canceled TU-22m MOD - would be a new thing for DCS and also fitting the new Syria map. But this guess is as good as every other one. music_whistling.gif

Would be similarly awesome as a Tornado or 111. On top of that, it's red. Definately one of those SUATMM modules.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I would say - We have the end of June, almost July already, so it's basically later this year. So how about ED finally revealing the module?

I don't think they will till hind rollout, or 4th quarter this year

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

RAH-66 Comanche confirmed? :music_whistling:

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

RAH-66 Comanche confirmed? :music_whistling:

Would it be a challenge to fly? Sure. Would it be brainmelting? Hell yes. Would it be modern? Duh. It is a viable candidate, however the fact that it is a rotary wing aircraft means that sales would be low comapred to, lets say a mig 31bsm (ed plz) or a f117 nighthawk (also ed plz). Thats why I dont see it happening.

It’ll be the AH-64C, which really wasn’t a designation but a culmination of upgrade programs. That puts the technology squarely in the 1990s. I suppose they could do a Longbow version (D model circa ‘03) which is inline with the -18c Lot 20 airframes of the early 2000’s in the game, so not out of the question.

It’ll be the Apache, it’s just a matter of which version.

It’ll be the AH-64C, which really wasn’t a designation but a culmination of upgrade programs. That puts the technology squarely in the 1990s. I suppose they could do a Longbow version (D model circa ‘03) which is inline with the -18c Lot 20 airframes of the early 2000’s in the game, so not out of the question.

It’ll be the Apache, it’s just a matter of which version.

Why? Don't be so confident except if you've got some information from the developers

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

DCS: Rocinante confirmed.

INSTANT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

And woe if the pilot doesn't look like Alex!

:D:D:D

Why? Don't be so confident except if you've got some information from the developers

I hear you, and you’re right. My opinion is as equally worthless (probably more) as anyone else’s. I’m using deductive reasoning based on what’s out there, what’s been announced and what makes sense. That last bit is the real wildcard though.

The Red side will have two credible and very capable ATG attack helicopters with the release of the Hind. BlueFor has zero. Remember what’s we now know as ED got its start not with the A-10c, but the KA-50. I don’t see the SU-27 becoming a full fledged module, or a change for the F-15c. Not now, not from ED. I don’t believe it will be anything to do with WWII as there just aren’t many players over there in comparison. A lot of us own warbird modules, very few of us fly them with any regularity at all (online, talking online only). Please don’t respond with “I FLY MINE EVERYDAY JSOW BABY” (Lol). I know many fly them, I’m talking only in comparative numbers - online.

If it’s a jet, and I don’t think it will be, it will be either the F-4 or A-6, regardless of denials made so far.

I think one of the mistakes we all make is assuming the forum speaks for the user base. Only a tiny fraction of users say anything on these forums. The real voting is done with internal metrics ED obviously has. I’d assume the average reader forum count follows pretty closely with what people are flying the most of. That would be the -18, Jiff, -16, -14 and -88 (in that order). But like I said, it’s all guess work and my comments aren’t meant as knowing anything. I’m just offering my comments like anyone else.

"Regardless of denials" .. LOL.

Ok.

It's not the F-4. They have said so.

It's not the A-6. HB is working on this.

It's not the AH-64.Simply because while technically an "aircraft", it in 250+ years and millions of words ED/developers/and the community has issued, they have always been careful to distinguish between rotary and fixed-wing, and restrict the term "aircraft" to fixed-wing.

It is not the Su-27, because it has been said so.

My guess is that is the MiG-29.

Did it ever exist beyond a proof of concept? It seemed to be the Bradley fighting vehicle of helicopters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was flying and in active development when cancelled. Believe it or not, one of the main reasons the project was killed was the cost of the landing gear. Without retractable landing gear it’s radar visibility improvements were rendered moot. IIRC - and I might not - there was something like $1.5M wrapped up in gear, per airframe. The only way the program could see a way forward was VIA fixed gear and doing so........see the point above.

The Bradley spent something like twenty years in “development” as the Army kept changing its mind on what it wanted out of the program. Crazy stuff.

"Regardless of denials" .. LOL.

Ok.

It's not the F-4. They have said so.

It's not the A-6. HB is working on this.

It's not the AH-64.Simply because while technically an "aircraft", it in 250+ years and millions of words ED/developers/and the community has issued, they have always been careful to distinguish between rotary and fixed-wing, and restrict the term "aircraft" to fixed-wing.

It is not the Su-27, because it has been said so.

My guess is that is the MiG-29.

This forum is an exceptionally hostile place.

No, HB is NOT working on a playable A-6. They are working on the airframe as an AI add. I appreciate and respect your opinion and the reasoning you use. I don’t appreciate the shitty tone.

ETA - why the MiG-29? I’m open to it and think that would be a great module. Why do you think it’ll be the 29?

Edited by Tokoyami