JU-87D-5/G-2

Ohgr

Nobody never said the community or developers couldn't make a "mod" to include Jericho trumpets... :music_whistling:

Might there be a possibility for multi-crew in this aircraft? Are there any current plans on this?

Edited by ShadowFrost

Nobody never said the community or developers couldn't make a "mod" to include Jericho trumpets... :music_whistling:

Might there be a possibility for multi-crew in this aircraft? Are there any current plans on this?

Yes, while we still have alot of work to do as of now multicrew is on the list for this. Rest assured you will have our best on this module just as with any other aircraft from polychop. I'm glad most of the team is german and can make sense of the original flight manuals :)

Edited by Ohgr

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

...aaaand yet another first day buy. This is awesome! :thumbup:

There is a good book by Hans Ulrich Rudel called Stuka pilot.

Just reading it for the 1st time myself! His worldview and character may leave a lot to be desired, but as it comes to RL tactics and sheer historical value, this book plainly can't be bettered. Greatly recommended for anyone interested in the Ju-87!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!!!! God how have I missed this thread! You guys rock...

This one is a very iconic plane and a great addition for us bomb addicts in the WW II scenario.

Best of luck to you guys. :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Just finished reading the book "Stuka pilot" from Hans-Ulrich Rudel!

Sign me in, this will be epic addition to DCS WW2.

Too bad that Normandy is being done for this era as Stuka was shining mainly at Eastern front but I will enjoy flying it anyway.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

It should do just as good if not even better against Shermans ;)

The Spitfire is probably going to be the most hated sight for any Stuka pilot though.

No worries, we'll have "little" buddies flying Dora's and K-4's. Team work! Just keep the kanonenvogel under 500m, they'll never spot us in the ground clutter... :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad that Normandy is being done for this era as Stuka was shining mainly at Eastern front but I will enjoy flying it anyway.

Fantastic Book. Easy reading....

Regarding the maps... You still has de Caucasus!!! hahahah

Finished it a couple weeks ago and can't wait to see it in DCS. D-5's running in for flak suppression (love to see DCS model that) while G-2's clean up some armor or convoys.

Is Polychop thinking of including an Russian Ai with this release? Ground units with maybe an AI La-5 or something.

Finished it a couple weeks ago and can't wait to see it in DCS. D-5's running in for flak suppression (love to see DCS model that) while G-2's clean up some armor or convoys.

Is Polychop thinking of including an Russian Ai with this release? Ground units with maybe an AI La-5 or something.

Honestly, it really depends on the team schedule and commitments but not ruled out. Right now speaking for myself, want to get the first aircraft renders to everyone. She is coming along very well. ;)

• Like 1

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

That would be pretty cool having some T-34's in DCS. Maybe the T-34-76/85 model 1943 along with some La-5's

t34_76c.jpg

CREXFrTVEAAV10O.jpg:small

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Honestly, it really depends on the team schedule and commitments but not ruled out. Right now speaking for myself, want to get the first aircraft renders to everyone. She is coming along very well. ;)

No problem and I look forward to this addition. Just wishful thinking (T-34, transport truck, and a couple of period soviet light AA). Hopefully a 3rd party will step in and make period AI packs at some point for different theaters.

No problem and I look forward to this addition. Just wishful thinking (T-34, transport truck, and a couple of period soviet light AA). Hopefully a 3rd party will step in and make period AI packs at some point for different theaters.

Totally agree.

Quality models for AI planes and ground units, perhaps bundled as packs for certain periods would be something many people would buy I think. There are so many ugly plane models in DCSW and so many cool ones missing completely. I'd pay 20$ or so for a "unitspack", and another 20-30$ for a Vietnam+Korea pack or a WW2 pack, of course depending on the number and quality of planes and other stuff included. Korea would probably be smaller than WW2 and thus cheaper.

But back to topic:

Can't wait to see her! :)

Totally agree.

Quality models for AI planes and ground units, perhaps bundled as packs for certain periods would be something many people would buy I think. There are so many ugly plane models in DCSW and so many cool ones missing completely. I'd pay 20$ or so for a "unitspack", and another 20-30$ for a Vietnam+Korea pack or a WW2 pack, of course depending on the number and quality of planes and other stuff included. Korea would probably be smaller than WW2 and thus cheaper.

But back to topic:

Can't wait to see her! :)

Im not sure if you are a single player only type guy or also play multiplayer but something like that would be nothing but a detriment to the multiplayer community. Every time you make something that divides the community is going to create one of two things.

1. Nobody uses the content, the people that bought it and primarily play multiplayer have no real use for it.

2. A section of the community uses it, the people that bought it have a use for it but overall it fractures the community onto more servers lowering player counts.

And both are ofcourse detrimental to the multiplayer community, so no personally i would not want anything like that as a MP only player.

Edited by Skjold

Looking forward to this as well, would'nt mind paying extra for some new targets to bomb etc, somthing the WW2 side an later gen a/c needs. I know this is possable wishfful thinking but somthing I always thought was cool is(off top a lil) P-51 do strafe runs on the old Steam Locomotives which would be cool too add for this module an for dive bombin in the stuka :D Think would make a cool addition to WW2 unit models.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Simmers,

I appreciate everyones patience while we get to the unveiling of the 87 3d model for DCS. I get alot of requests for pics and while the renders will be shown soon I would like to offer a WIP basic render of the 37mm Cannon for everyone.

Kannon.thumb.jpg.60c4675546fe9b56db18a2c483896ca4.jpg

Edited by Ohgr
  • Like 1

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

• 1 month later...