Mission 5-2 - Trees prohibit land

Hello,

in mission 5-2 by the trapped convoy, I find no place to land. The small road is covered with trees left and right and I always keep flying into trees. Don´t know if this was intended by the mission designers. My settings for trees/bushes is at 700.

Greets

Data

That's the most difficult part of the campaign.

If you approach directly over the street there will be enough room to land safely.

Ignore the trees but watch out for the cable right of the street. in the end, you need to drift on the left lane to avoid cables.

It looks narrow even more because of the rain. But as I sad ignore the trees stay over the street's centerline and keep calm :smilewink:

I try it today.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

O.K. checked. Everything is fine with the mission. :smilewink:

So let me explain first.

This mission is to build first in DCS 1.5 and there was only a small bank at that time.

With 2.5 we have to redo the mission and to decide if this is possible or to difficult for the average player.

We decided that if you are able to successfully finish the missions before you are able to do this one as well. :thumbup:

Helicopter pilots never give up :lol:

As I mentioned before stay focused on the street and do not care about the trees.

It's like driving by night, you may see only the next 10 m of the street but you still keep going with 100 km/h because you know there is more space.

The landing is also shown in a video related to rain in DCS

Yes you are right there ar more trees now but the solution may still the same.

If you still struggle with the mission I like to invite you to the training server where you may fly this particular part first under good weather conditions.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

Hi Grizzly,

I finally completed this mission. For me it was on the edge in terms of difficulty. But I like the fact that you get a real challenge and I´m getting better in flying the Huey. The only bad thing about DCS is that You can´t save inside a mission, so You have to redo the whole mission if You fail.

Greets

Data

Hi Grizzly,

I finally completed this mission. For me it was on the edge in terms of difficulty. But I like the fact that you get a real challenge and I´m getting better in flying the Huey. The only bad thing about DCS is that You can´t save inside a mission, so You have to redo the whole mission if You fail.

Greets

Data

Congratulations :thumbup:

You have my respect.

Anyway I thought about that mission for a moment and if some others struggling with that mission there will be an easy but ugly solution in cutting out some trees :cry:

After the recent changes in the map, it looks really impossible to land on that street and we don't want pilots to skip that mission.

We contact ED, maybe we release an easy version of that mission for free on the ED website. Let's see how things work out can't promise that.

Always happy landings ;)

It's like driving by night, you may see only the next 10 m of the street but you still keep going with 100 km/h because you know there is more space.

Never do that in real life please!

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 3 weeks later...

Now i found in mission 5-2 a convoy at around LM12 at F-10 map after a lot of time searching.

But what i have to do, Peter tells at last "stay left cause the cable lines" before he told he can nothing see absent only trees. After nobody tells and no smoke and i stay there hanging around hovering. Nothing happend, i fly around, land on bridges and beside a some APC inside this long convoy or other places inside this convoy beside the powerlines....but nobody tells something like the game is broken or a trigger. Why so much complicated in what i have to do. The F-10 menu map for informations what to do at next is absent in this mission too.

Edited by Gerd-Wiem

You shud not search at all.

After picking up Scout first you ordered to fly back some 220 degrees.

Then turn back to N/E which brings you direct or close to the point where picking up Scout.

Stay on N/E and you get contact to caravan.

Scout advise you to turn right following the river inot the valley.

Then turn left crossing the river and pass the enemy in his back (red smoke)

At this point, there should smoke all over. Orange at your LZ at the convoy covered with wight smoke.

Always happy landings ;)

• 1 month later...

Had finished this mission some time ago, and just visited the forum. I must tell, I did it completely different than it seems it meant to be done. I had picked a squad on the road, but to land them on the bridge, on top of this APC, to my understanding was not a good idea. Not at all! So, I landed on the road couple hundred meters from the bridge behind the enemy. Nothing happened, of course. So, I just circled above with the squad on board until my gunners had destroyed that APC. Same with second bridge. Poor guys, it must been terrible for them just sitting in the cabin while crazy pilot was making those crazy turns. But it never occurred to me, that I should land them on this bridge, on suicide mission (surely APC were in the wrong positions, any descent commander would put them in a way that they could kill anything on the bridge, otherwise, what the point for them being there?). I guess my logic is very different from campaign creator. Or, maybe, I just using it too much, avoiding doing stuff that I would never do in real life. Images of those 14.5 mm shells tearing apart helicopter and everyone inside it while I attempt to land on the bridge were too vivid in my imagination to even try :D

Edited by Lehmen

Had finished this mission some time ago, and just visited the forum. I must tell, I did it completely different than it seems it meant to be done. I had picked a squad on the road, but to land them on the bridge, on top of this APC, to my understanding was not a good idea. Not at all! So, I landed on the road couple hundred meters from the bridge behind the enemy. Nothing happened, of course. So, I just circled above with the squad on board until my gunners had destroyed that APC. Same with second bridge. Poor guys, it must been terrible for them just sitting in the cabin while crazy pilot was making those crazy turns. But it never occurred to me, that I should land them on this bridge, on suicide mission (surely APC were in the wrong positions, any descent commander would put them in a way that they could kill anything on the bridge, otherwise, what the point for them being there?). I guess my logic is very different from campaign creator. Or, maybe, I just using it too much, avoiding doing stuff that I would never do in real life. Images of those 14.5 mm shells tearing apart helicopter and everyone inside it while I attempt to land on the bridge were too vivid in my imagination to even try :D

First - many thanks for your opinion and feedback, which helps us a lot to improve any new campaign.

There are two problems in general.

1. ED was still not able to implement the Mission Descriptions to the campaign. :book:

and you can't know that without the Description :music_whistling:

2. You do not use the Kneeboard :cry:

All the necessary information is in the Mission Description and the Kneeboard during flight :smartass:

So the first infantry Group doesn't belong to the bridge with the enemy APC, you should take them one bridge further north which is out of range from enemy fire and from there they move back to destroy the APC.

This is one of the lessons we learned already. In such tuff missions, voice-overs and text messages are not enough to guide you through the mission.

You find the Mission Description already on our DISORD but I will add them to the forum soon as well.

We also working already on improvements to the missions. So we add F10 map markers to the known LZ's from the beginning and the ones developing during the mission by time. This will be part of a major update we hope in December 2019

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

I'm not complaining, so far everything is doable. I really like beginning of the sixth mission, BTW: landing very heavy helicopter on top of the mountain in limited visibility and without ability to hover too much (because engine will fry) - is a kind of challenge helicopter pilot should do from time to time. Keep up doing good work, we NEED more good Huey campaigns :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got to the point where I picked up the squad. Now I should put them on the northern bridge. I got to the message about coming in from north and putting them on east side of the bridge. Well the way I see it I was coming in from south so I flew past turned about and made myself to land on the east side of the bridge. Well that's were the bad guys are, so surprisingly they were shooting at me. I anyway landed on the bridge. I landed on the east side, landed on the middle and landed on the west side, but I got no acknowledgement that I did anything right. Finally, some bad guy got my chopper.

Yeah, found it thanks. After that it was a nice mission. It would be better if they were using more map references and stuff like that.

You find all the information on your Kneeboard using the left arrow changing pages.

Ther is a map with all the LZ's marked. :thumbup::pilotfly:

Because of the situation developing during the flight, the map is not in the Mission Description but on the Kneeboard under TOP SECRET

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi.. can it be, that civil traffic kill the helicopter (in situation where I have to land at street) ?.

In former "example" video I not seen one civ car. In my DCS there are lots of cars, and I land now two times( two times tried ) without problems left of street, but allways some seconds later or after looking at map, the helicopter was killed by some-what ( rotor is no longer on heli ).

I seen the "example" video just now,.. it seems it is exact same position where I land :-/

Hi.. can it be, that civil traffic kill the helicopter (in situation where I have to land at street) ?.

In former "example" video I not seen one civ car. In my DCS there are lots of cars, and I land now two times( two times tried ) without problems left of street, but allways some seconds later or after looking at map, the helicopter was killed by some-what ( rotor is no longer on heli ).

I seen the "example" video just now,.. it seems it is exact same position where I land :-/

Yes, they do. I fly always with civil traffic off :smilewink:

The function in the mission editor to assign that to a mission is actually not working.

Always happy landings ;)

What shud I say it's DCS.

The Convoy created with the Mission Mission Editor sometimes stops bevor crashing into the Aircraft and sometimes it doesn't.

Civil traffic is great for the atmosphere but pretty bad when it does not interact with placed objects. Thas the reason wey partially deactivating of civil traffic is a request out of the community for a while.

Personally, I would be happy, when the Option in the mission builder to activate or deactivate civil traffic will be fixed or implemented.

Many options already there but not working jet. It's a question of priority.

Best way to deal with it is deactivating or waiting for a gap in the traffic flow.

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 weeks later...

My troops won't get out of my chopper when I land at the north bridge (after I've returned the deserted soldier and picked up the troops). No triggers, nothing happens. Even though it says that I'm to land at the north bridge and extract the troops from the F10 menu.

Is it a new bug, or where exactly am I going to land? I've tried west side directly where the other friendly soldiers are and also at the middle of the bridge.

Edited by d0ppler

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

My troops won't get out of my chopper when I land at the north bridge (after I've returned the deserted soldier and picked up the troops). No triggers, nothing happens. Even though it says that I'm to land at the north bridge and extract the troops from the F10 menu.

Is it a new bug, or where exactly am I going to land? I've tried the west side directly where the other friendly soldiers are and also in the middle of the bridge.

Hey, Please check out your kneeboard using the left arrow key to the Top secret entries. Ther is a map with all landing zones. :smartass:

Ther are also news on the forum that related to a broken troop transport. So if you use the correct bridge it may be a 2.56 bug.

Always happy landings ;)

Hi, and thanks for your reply!

I must start reading the documents! Totally my bad, I was landing at the northern "middle" bridge, not the northernmost bridge :D

So now I've finally made it, really cool mission!

Would like to say this campaign has been totally awesome so far. I'm really hoping you will make more campaigns in the future. (but please let someone do your english proof reading ;) )

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

• 7 months later...
(but please let someone do your english proof reading ;) )

I promise that. :smilewink:

We have already somebody, out of the community, assisting us.

What's funny about the spelling issue is. Most of you mentioned that problem, not English natives. Only a handful of English natives point that out until now.

But you right and we have the goal to minimize spelling issues as well as Grammatik ones as much as possible.

Always happy landings ;)