Lock On Platinum

Nate - the package will only be available in North America due to Ubisoft only licensing Lock On in North America to TFC.

For the rest of the world, you will have to have a copy of Lock On, and then buy Flaming Cliffs 2, as either as a download or as a boxed retail product.

So you mean if for example I live in the Philippines, I wouldn't be able to get Lock On Platinum?

and there will be 2 boxed versions, the Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2 & Lock On Platinum?

What will happen to the people who lost their CDs for example and live outside North America?

Can't the Flaming Cliffs 2 Boxed version for the rest of the world be a complete stand alone software?

Not that I lost my copies of Lock On Gold CDs but it's quite full of scratches already... especially the flaming cliffs one..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eight FLYABLE aircraft, not eight flyable US-aircraft.

• Su-25

• Su-25 T

• A-10 A

• Su-27

• Su-33

• MiG-29A

• MiG-29C

• F-15C

2 aircraft we can live without in this list Su-25 and MiG-29A. If in the game u can fly with Su-25 T and MiG-29C wich are way better that Su-25 and MiG-29A versions. I wish we can fly better aircrafts I mean Su-25 and MiG-29A could be exchanged for like Mirage 2000 and F16 or F18. But maybe in the future I hope that future isnt too far away because LockOn is old and still the same...

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

2 aircraft we can live without in this list Su-25 and MiG-29A. If in the game u can fly with Su-25 T and MiG-29C wich are way better that Su-25 and MiG-29A versions. I wish we can fly better aircrafts I mean Su-25 and MiG-29A could be exchanged for like Mirage 2000 and F16 or F18. But maybe in the future I hope that future isnt too far away because LockOn is old and still the same...

I think if we already have these 2 planes (furthermore Su-25A has AFM...), should not delete... And if you want to fly F-16, play Falcon 5.3...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't the Flaming Cliffs 2 Boxed version for the rest of the world be a complete stand alone software?

For CIS countries - yes.

Rest of the world - no.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

*Groan* I foolishly thought that the DVD release would coincide with the online release and was ready to go early in April.

Is there any chance to have a deal where we can pre-order the DVD version and get free access to the online version while we wait?

Still - good news for market reach.

very well done with the trailer GA. Wags...will the existing FC2 users get an update that merges the interface and gui design to depict it as LO: platinum as well? :p Just that the lo platinum logo looks much cooler. :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

For CIS countries - yes.

Rest of the world - no.

I'm no-go in marketing or business but..

I think that would turn off potential buyers specifically newcomers to Lock On..

Going.. like "Oh Lock On, looks like a cool game!"

but then the buyer finds out. It needs an original Lock On CD..

..No Original CD in sight since it went out of production years ago..

"Oh bummer!~ :("

*Heads off to buy another game instead...*

Oh well..

I hope i would still see the Boxed Add on FC2... if any of our local stores decides to order it at all...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually, Lock On isn't out of production - Ubisoft routinely license it to bargain-bin producers and you can order copies on CD from several online retailers as well as Eagle Dynamics and TFC.

But basically, yes, it's a nuisance but there is nothing ED or TFC can do about it.

FC2 as an "expansion" in retail is a different thing. It's just the bundles with LOMAC+FC2 that require a license from Ubisoft outside the CIS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

That is awesome news and the Promo video from GA is awesome.

However I have question. Last I heard, Ubisoft had boycotted Starforce from all their software. Will that version of DVD have starforce?

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

only because they went for the "you must have an online conection to run games.".

However I have question. Last I heard, Ubisoft had boycotted Starforce from all their software. Will that version of DVD have starforce?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Ubisoft exchanged the old Starforce DVD-check protection for something worse: A constant internet connection.

The current version of StarForce-Protection, however, has nothing in common with the old buggy drivers that cause so much trouble. Nothing except the name and the company :D

Modern Starforce does no longer install drivers, no more complex DVD checks or checks for virtual drives or something. You install, activate the game with a short internet connection, then you're free to play.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Ubisoft exchanged the old Starforce DVD-check protection for something worse: A constant internet connection.

The current version of StarForce-Protection, however, has nothing in common with the old buggy drivers that cause so much trouble. Nothing except the name and the company :D

Modern Starforce does no longer install drivers, no more complex DVD checks or checks for virtual drives or something. You install, activate the game with a short internet connection, then you're free to play.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/5626-ubisoft-drops-starforce/

Myself, I have no issues with Starforce. But I'm curious on the extent that Ubisoft had been force to drop Starforce in the past. Will this hold true still with the Platinum version release?

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Thanks Wags,

At least now from Ubisoft, I'll be able to buy the box set from Eastern Canada for FC2 even If I already have the download version ;) I sure hope you will be able to sell millions of copy, hopefully they will be able to market it good... a TV add on Fox or Spike would bring some $$, however, I know, that investment is a costly one...

Cheers

Edited by TheMoose

Has LOP the same copy protection?

Answered by Wags in post #43 - 3 above your last post ;). To avoid further issue, herewith again:

The Lock On CD will have no copy protection.

The Flaming Cliffs 2 DVD will have the same copy protection as Black Shark and the digital download version of FC2.

^^^

Starforce Proactive - Further details in the Announcements Forum.

Can i buy LOP from Spain to U.S?

Not sure i understand you here: Do you mean that you are in the US, but that you require a Spanish version? DVD or Download?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The Lock On CD will have no copy protection.

The Flaming Cliffs 2 DVD will have the same copy protection as Black Shark and the digital download version of FC2.

So then if you already bought the download version, you're not getting anything new/extra with LOP if I understand this correctly. Its more of a convenience thing.