A little May update about MiG-19P

OverStratos

Does the MiG-19 have any kind of IFF for its radar? does it have an IFF transponder itself?

This is a 2nd generation radar, basically one step above a gunnery radar. So, no. It does not have IFF.

The MiG-19P does have an early IFF transponder. It was so secret that it even has a self-destruct button.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MiG-19P does have an early IFF transponder. It was so secret that it even has a self-destruct button.

I hope it also has an on/off switch or a circuit breaker implemented in case BST implements the Combat Tree system on their F-4E's :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

This is a 2nd generation radar, basically one step above a gunnery radar. So, no. It does not have IFF.

Every Soviet IFF system, had tripled destruction system in order to avoid codes disclosure. Button for pilot, self destruction circuit switch on catapult's chair rails, and inertia self destruction switch when aircraft was hit by missile or hit ground.

I hope it also has an on/off switch or a circuit breaker implemented in case BST implements the Combat Tree system on their F-4E's :)

Sorry Dudikoff but Combat Tree is a bullshit story, blue side never was able get real IFF codes. Warsaw Pact was using different codes from those from Vietnam or Middle East ( all military aircrafts sold outside WP had.....civilian IFF ). Soviets had several sets of codes for peace time and war time and every aircraft had additional device called "product 81" with special war time codes, so penetration IFF system by Combat Tree is a myth.

Also wasn't the thing only fitted to F-4Ds?

Anyway, to even think about implementing something like the Combat Tree would require a massive overhaul of the IFF logic in game, along with the needed AI improvements and changes to each and every individual module that has any sort of IFF transponder or interrogator. Given how touchy this subject is and how much work would be required, I don't see it happening.

Will you make Russian manual for this aircraft? :)

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

• 2 months later...