Badgers F-16A/C Mega Skin Pack

uscstaylor

Salute All

I would like to present to you my updated MEGA skin pack for the F-16A/C mods. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did in making them. These skins took over 2 months to create. I was going to keep them private but I thought it would be a great way to share my love of this aircraft with all of you. So without further ado...Lets get to it shall we..:thumbup:

OK The skins are total of 73 in all but with your standard game skins that comes with the game you should have over 70 skins if not more. If you have my other pack, then just delete the older ones first. I always install things in my game manually.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I'm sure most of you won't, its pretty straight forward.

If you could, I only ask to give credit where credit is do and take lots of screen shots. I'd love to see them with what you can come up with....

Salute All!

PS My thanks to all of the skinners in the DCS realm who take the time to make the beautiful skins we can enjoy...

Installation goes here:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries

F-16a

F-16c

f-16c bl.52d

Just copy and paste all folders in the F-16a folder to the above folders. Make sure you have taken my old skins out or you will have double skins....Enjoy!

f16.png

If you would like to try the F-16 Mod then here's the link to that.

Mod Link 1.5.4:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1893367/

Mod Link 2.0:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1895607/?sphrase_id=6893900

Skins Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m5wbg5ukq80754y/Badgers_Updated_F16_Skins.rar/file#

UPDATED for use in 2.5.3 plus

image.jpg

Edited by uscstaylor
  • Like 3

Thanks for this package. Nice liveries +1

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

"Must spread rep"

OH BULLSHEET!

Outstanding work sir!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Very nice work!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to stop the game from making double numbers on the AI planes tail. If you could show me how to do it then please send me a PM. I have tried all different ways with no joy. ***This is for Quick Missions only, everything else is fine***

You have PM.

Hi, thx for the skins but on some models (aggressors) the cockade (right word??) is twice (see picture). On a model like "desert scheme" the fus/rud pictures have no cockade so it's ok the us standard cockades are single.

This is a weird behaviour...

To fix the well-known issue of the doubled country-markings should be enough the two lines

{"texture USA-ZNAK-LIGHTGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

{"texture USA-ZNAK-DARKGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

you can find into the file "description.lua" that is in the livery folder.

Do you have the file named "empty.png" placed into your DCS world\bazar\TempTextures directory?

If you do, so you can maybe try to place as well in the same directory two empty (=transparent) skins named one "USA-ZNAK-LIGHTGRAY.TGA.dds" and the other "USA-ZNAK-DARKGRAY.TGA.dds".

Then using Notpad++ (or a similar text editor, not the standard Notepad of Windows) you have to deactivate the two lines above placing a double "-" at the beginning as following.

--{"texture USA-ZNAK-LIGHTGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

--{"texture USA-ZNAK-DARKGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

Let us know.

Edited by Charlie_01

Fix for doubled country-markings

Ok, I've tested the new skins and I've just experienced the same issue.

Few more tests and I've found out the right fix.

The culprits as expected are the two lines written in previous post.

Anyway the fix is even easier than I thought...

Enough to change the lines from uppercase to lowercase!! LOL!! :megalol: :smartass:

So it seems the .lua files are case sensitive... Good to know. :thumbup:

Edited by Charlie_01

Hey thanks for the input. Do as Charlie said in the above post and all done..So much testing and painting, it must have gotten over looked. Salute!

{"texture usa-znak-lightgray.tga f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

{"texture usa-znak-darkgray.tga f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

I've not yet tested that too (too busy making my own skins), but it could be the same with the lines about the pilot.

It maybe worth to check it as well. ;)

These lines added to the lau were in effort to try and get rid of the double tail numbers, so in essence they aren't needed. You can even delete them from the lau file. Not sure what your talking about with the pilot line.

My end the plane skins are all good to go. What issues are you having with the pilot?

{"texture USA-ZNAK-LIGHTGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

{"texture USA-ZNAK-DARKGRAY.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};

If anyone has an issue with skin pack please just send me a PM thanks

Edited by uscstaylor
  • Like 1

Slider try this and see if it helps you should only need the file....just download it and put it in your temp textures folder

OK Here's the fix for the AI F-16 Canopy problem

First download and install the file in your:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\TempTextures folder

Second go to each of your skin folders that have skin textures in them and open your description lau and place this text in there

{"texture F-16.tga f2 g0",0,"f-16.tga",true};

Then save. If you have some other skins for the F-16 that are still having a problem then also add this f-16.tga file to your:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\World\textures

WorldTexturesTGA zipped file as well.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?jdndr9t4yz399k2

Screens:

Screen_161206_152512.jpg

Screen_161206_152622.jpg

Screen_161206_152632.jpg

Edited by uscstaylor