1.5 makes Mi-8 amazing

Ever since I started flying, the 8 has been trouble. Low flight results in dust that killed fps. Rockets and wreckage smoke also caused massive problems. Every rocket run resulted in 2fps at the worst point; this caused a number of collisions.

Now the new engine upgrade has been released, nothing causes problems. Flight and attack runs are like silk. I can aim and adjust for misses now.

It really is a totally different (dcs) world.

If you haven't flown already, definitely give it a go.

Great work on the helo. Looking forward to more.

To avoid multiple installation or re-installations, I have decided to wait for an official release, so thank you guys for your feedback. Looks good!

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

To avoid multiple installation or re-installations, I have decided to wait for an official release, so thank you guys for your feedback. Looks good!

That's understandable. But if you can spare the extra 10 to 20GB of space on your HD, it is well worth to install the open-beta. It is not prefect, small issues do exist, but it is very enjoyable. It is like a brand new game!!! With all the good stuff from the 'old' game. :thumbup:

It takes minimal time to adjust, because most of the controls (except the joystick axis and button assignments) are taken over from the old game.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

The new cargo control makes pick up a breeze now. still haven't sussed what tactical release is?

I believe tactical release means that as soon as the tension on the cargo line drops below a minimum threshold, it automatically releases.

Yup, I still remember all those users saying stuff like "EDGE won't improve fps except in dual gpu systems, etc." XD

Anything that runs on DirectX11 (rather than DirectX9) will be able to reach higher levels of performance, 1.5 is yet another example of this.

I'm glad that EDGE has delivered the performance increase I was expecting, it was worth the wait.

The pilot's collective has two switches for releasing the external load. One is the "Tactical Load Release" button and the other is the "Emergency Load Release" button. The two operate identically in that they both cause the upper shackle to open and release the load and the cables. The only difference between the two is that if the "Boom - Shackle" switch on the pilot's left overhead panel is in the "Boom" position, pressing the emergency load release switch cuts the cable for the rescue hoist, if installed.

When a lower shackle is installed in addition to the upper shackle, the lower shackle is opened using a controller that is attached in the cargo area and is operated by a sling load operator.

EDIT: Oops, I think the Boom/Shackle switch is only on helicopters using the SLG-300 hoist system...not modeled here. The version modeled here has an automatic release switch for the external load so that the shackle opens automatically when the weight on the shackle drops to around 50kg. It's on the left side and is labeled "АВТОМ СБРОС - ВНЕШНЯЯ ПОДВЕСКА". In the "АВТОМ СБРОС" position, the upper shackle will release automatically when the load on the shackle drops to somewhere between 25kg and 75kg. In the "ВНЕШНЯЯ ПОДВЕСКА" position, you would have to press the tactical or emergency release button on the pilot's collective to open the shackle.

Edited by AlphaOneSix

Flew over 200 Km yesterday in HIP with a nice 2000 kg under-slung load. On reaching my destination I removed tactical release cover and pressed for tactical release. Woops my cargo dropped off at 2000 ft:music_whistling: I guess thats not how it works:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Wolle,

in special tab first check the box, in game IIRC its right alt L or C or A will check next time I launch. TBH it is not worth having if you can already fly and trim yourself:)

Do any one have issue with black textures from f2 view? I have some part of hip has black textures

Known bug mate

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Wolle,

in special tab first check the box, in game IIRC its right alt L or C or A will check next time I launch. TBH it is not worth having if you can already fly and trim yourself:)

Thanks, will try that tonight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the 8 is stupendous in Edge. If only I could play the campaign without constantly getting the dx11backend.dll crash, it would be splendiferous.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

How about posting some movies with the Mi-8 in DCS 1.5 for us folk that cannot enjoy it.

If I can get shadowplay sussed out I will try and get some footage uploaded:)

Its very pretty in 1.5 though and smooth as silk:thumbup:

Screen_151004_130634.thumb.jpg.769109e991724b48bfb2935bd638bfe9.jpg

Edited by Cibit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]