DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

I upgraded to Win 10 and since then my profiles that had the landing gear lights work (for the MiG-21Bis) no longer work. I’ve tested that I can turn on and off the LED’s by clicking on the lights within the GUI so the app/drivers appear to be fine. Has anyone else experienced this issue after upgrading on the Win 10?

I´m using Win10 and i use pdmarsh (thx to him) profile.

Post 181 in this thread (klick me).

First you have to change the IDs and delete the parts of the hardware you do not have.

ATM i can only use the landing gear switch (lights will work on the A-10). Buttons do not work.

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

How did you do this ? can you share a method I would love my panels to work with 10 :thumbup:

First you'll have to identify the new deviceIDs of your panels via Windows Device Manager. Maybe simply by unplugging and replugging the usb plug.

Once you have them, just replace the old device ID with the new deviceID in your profiles using a text editor.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

I´m using Win10 and i use pdmarsh (thx to him) profile.

Post 181 in this thread (klick me).

First you have to change the IDs and delete the parts of the hardware you do not have.

ATM i can only use the landing gear switch (lights will work on the A-10). Buttons do not work.

Thanks for that and for the other confirms that Win10 works.

Just to clarify - the key inputs from the panel all work, it's just the lights don't see to indicate the DCS landing gear state. These previously worked (so the configuration is correct) but since I upgraded to Win10 they no longer do....

Hi, you cannot use the led lights without using the currently supported DCS-BIOS modules which are A-10C and UH-1H.

Your profile says "None", when you create a profile make sure to choose either of the supported modules. Make sure you have a working DCS-BIOS installation, see first post in this thread.

Hi Arthur .

Thanks for the reply ... Now I know why it didn't work for me ...

I have some follow up questions :

1) Is there a simple way for "Naieve" configuration in which Led indicators can be configured with timings depending on PZ55 Gear handle positioning - without involving "DCS-BIOS" ? , so it would work well in a "none" (keyboard emulator) way ? .

2) Is there an API for the "flightpanels" software to initiate LED's , if so how ?

3) If "flightpanels" has no such API , does the device have an API for it ?

4) Is there any documentation of the above

Thanks - 5./JG26_Lee

Hi Arthur .

Thanks for the reply ... Now I know why it didn't work for me ...

I have some follow up questions :

1) Is there a simple way for "Naieve" configuration in which Led indicators can be configured with timings depending on PZ55 Gear handle positioning - without involving "DCS-BIOS" ? , so it would work well in a "none" (keyboard emulator) way ? .

No other way at the moment. Suggestions are welcome.

2) Is there an API for the "flightpanels" software to initiate LED's , if so how ?

No API but if you have any ideas and know what you can produce in terms of output from the game(s) you are thinking of I am open for ideas.

3) If "flightpanels" has no such API , does the device have an API for it ?

The Saitek Panel USB communication is explained in the beginning of this thread. The bits which are set for the lights. There are no easy solution atm I'm afraid.

4) Is there any documentation of the above

Nope, none other than what I wrote in the beginning of this thread for all the Saitek Panels supported in FP.

Edited by ArturDCS
grammar

• 2 weeks later...

This seems like a slightly more complex thing to do than I anticipated. You can read the ticket here.

So I will leave that feature for the time being. If anyone knows more about this on a programming / Win API level I'd be grateful for more information.

Hi

I was wondering if you can make a key keep being pressed until it's switched off.

i.e in F15c I want to map the S key for nose wheel steering and this only works if you hold down the S key.

Thanks

We need more testers to speed up the release cycle.

We would like that you:

-own multiple supported DCS modules

-own several types of Saitek Pro Flight Panels

-are willing to do basic testing/ reporting

-are comfortable with dcs-bios control reference page

Please pm me if you are interested. Thanks.

I upgraded to Win 10 and since then my profiles that had the landing gear lights work (for the MiG-21Bis) no longer work. I’ve tested that I can turn on and off the LED’s by clicking on the lights within the GUI so the app/drivers appear to be fine. Has anyone else experienced this issue after upgrading on the Win 10?

Did you try reprogramming the led functions within your profile?

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

• 4 weeks later...
New ticket for the landing gear LEDs.

Is it possible to add also a modifiable delay between the switch action and the light change? So, e.g. the user could use different delay values in different profiles based on the time it takes to deploy/retract gears for the intended platform..

BTW, sorry if this was answered before, is it possible to do something with those Saitek Instrument Panel LCD's?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

@Dudikoff -- I don't believe it's possible to add a delay as you suggest. However, if you tie the LED state to gear position as opposed to switch position, you will get the desired effect. In order to do this, you will need to use DCS-BIOS functions. Unfortunately, you will be restricted to those modules currently supported by Flightpanels, which means this will work for the A-10C and MiG-21.

Below is a screenshot of how I have the nose gear LED configured. When the gear is down and locked, the LED is green, and it won't go green until that state is achieved. When the gear is up, the LED is dark. During transition, the LED is red.

I hope this help.

Paul

P.S. -- Just to clarify something I mentioned above, Flightpanels will support all modules in keyboard emulator mode. However, DCS-BIOS functions are currently only supported with the A-10C, UH-1H and MiG-21 modules. So, for the LEDs to work as I describe above, only the A-10C and MiG-21 would be supported.

LED01.jpg

Edited by pdmarsh

Flight Panel software also works with 2.0 Alpha :thumbup:

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question I hope is not too stupid. I use Elite Dangerous with this application and it's working wonders for me (rotary dial for energy presets? How about HELL YES!) but I haven't been able to find info on the following so I'd like to ask you guys, is there any way to trigger landing lights without going through DCSBios or manually clicking them on the GUI? I looked at the help document and it talked about right clicking the lights, but nothing happens when you do that.

Thank you for this incredible program. Super love having all this clickety click in my Elite :)

...is there any way to trigger landing lights without going through DCSBios or manually clicking them on the GUI

That's not a stupid question at all. In early versions of Flightpanels you could configure the landing gear LEDs on the Multi Panel without using DCS-BIOS commands. Actually, this was before DCS-BIOS had been implemented in Flightpanels. Unfortunately it is no longer possible to configure them in the former manner.

Good question, but sorry that the answer is not good news.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using the ProUSBPanel (Flight Panel) for several months with absolutely no issues. I have successfully created profiles for DCS F-15, P51 and A10C again that work perfectly. Unfortuneately, when I went to load it to show some friends on Thursday evening, I got several configuration error messages in a row (1093 configuration system failed to initialize, 1017 configuration system failed to initialize, 2043 configuration system failed to initialize) and then it would not load the switchpanel or multi-panel templatetab. All I could see was the top level menu. I am running Win 8.1 and have run PROUSB Flight Panel on DCS 1.2, DCS 1.5, and DCS 2.0 in the past with no issues as stated above. I have attempted to delete the PROUSB.EXE file and reload a fresh copy but with no improvement to the situation identified above. I am attaching the Error Log and my F1-5 Profile below. Any support on how to resolve this is much appreciated as I have come to completely rely on this fantastic software to run my DCS aircraft.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

EDIT: I was able to resolve the problem by completely deleting the original folder and all files in it and reloading the flight panel files to a new directory. Not sure what corrupted the original program file....but this fixed it.

Flightpanels_error_log.txt

F15_Saitek_DCS_Profile.txt

Edited by Gasman3874
Issue resolved

I just installed DCS-BIOS and the FlightPanels per the directions provided. I am not quite understanding here. I am trying to use the A-10C profile but cannot seem to get it to work in 1.5.2 or 2.0

Windoes 7 64bit

No error log that I am seeing

Not sure

AM trying to get Radio Panel and the Switch Panl to work

This is my first use

I have DCS BIOS Installed and can see the reference page. The controls all appear to be blank when I look at them in PanelPro I can click a button and panel pro shows it move but there is nothing assigned? Do you have to go through and assign everything yourself or do the profiles such as A-10C have everything setup which is what I would think?

I am pretty sure there is something in the install that I am missing or not understanding. Any help is greatly appreciated.

@Glider61 -- As far as the Radio Panel goes, there is very little user configuration needed. The only things you can set are the knob response rate and the ACT/STBY button delay. However, you will have to create your own profile for the Switch Panel. Basically, using either keyboard commands or DCS-BIOS functions, you can program the switches to do whatever you wish.

I hope this helps.

Paul