AGM-65 this month?

Silvern

I doubt we will see the 65E this month - just my opinion. I read it slightly different than you guys in that Mavs, in general are delayed, the E is being worked on now and the F/G will get attention after the E is done.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we getting the 65E first? Everything I have read says that it was mainly used by USMC Hornets. How much was the 65E used in U.S. Navy service? Our Hornet is a U.S. Navy Hornet so why not first focus on the weapons and associated variants that the Navy utilized?

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Why are we getting the 65E first? Everything I have read says that it was mainly used by USMC Hornets. How much was the 65E used in U.S. Navy service? Our Hornet is a U.S. Navy Hornet so why not first focus on the weapons and associated variants that the Navy utilized?

My guess is that the implementation of the E is a little easier, since it doesn't have a camera. Meaning if they would have went with the F first, it would have taken longer before the first Mav reaches us. That said, the Mav E will indeed be a little awkward, since we don't have anything on the jets to lase with. Guess I should see it as a good opportunity to investigare how to setup and use JTACS. :book:

Maverick delayed. Not this month now.

Seems like the laser 65E is still on track for this month, just the IR Mavs that got delayed.

Hopefully this bug will get some attention as part of the laser mav rollout, it'll really frustrate buddy lasing otherwise: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221743

Edited by backspace340

I read on mini-update that only 4 devs are working on this....that's the reaon it needs month to be ready.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I doubt we will see the 65E this month - just my opinion. I read it slightly different than you guys in that Mavs, in general are delayed, the E is being worked on now and the F/G will get attention after the E is done.

Yeah, I read it like that also.

AGM-65E next month, then some time after that - F & G.

What is the difference between F and G?

Edited by Silvern

Yeah, I read it like that also.

AGM-65E next month, then some time after that - F & G.

I'm really not sure how you can read that from this? It's pretty plain - F & G next month, E isn't mentioned so the previous statement of arriving this month should still be valid.

All is looking good, but the AGM-65F and G versions will unfortunately not be ready until next month.

I've just learned to expect delays.

makes sense :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

ED stated they are releasing AGM-65F AND AGM-65E. The F model is similar to a D model in which you can slew the sensor head. No ATFLIR required.

Just the E initially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

No lazing for the Mav E. I'll still take it out for target practice and think of it as an OP rocket. :laugh:

Is there any difference between the Maverick F and G? Both use an IR seeker and have the same heavier warhead. I'm assuming the G was meant for the Air Force.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

The seeker on the F is tuned to be dual purpose a2g and anti-ship use (supposedly aims for roughly the water line of a target instead of center mass or something like that).

AFAIK, they are the same, only that the F is "navy compliant" NAVY version, as in it is certified to be stored and used on ships. G is the USAF version, but with the same, heavier penetrator warhead as the F.

Apparently the G was produced in greater numbers.

Edited by Jarlerus

• ED Team
No lazing for the Mav E. I'll still take it out for target practice and think of it as an OP rocket. :laugh:

Is there any difference between the Maverick F and G? Both use an IR seeker and have the same heavier warhead. I'm assuming the G was meant for the Air Force.

The primary difference between the F and G is that the G has a force correlate mode, the F does not.

I wonder whether the A/G functions of the JHMCS will be modeled initially? Somehow I think we'll be waiting longer for that.

I should have said "eventually".

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

So how are we supposed to guide the agm65e without a tgp? Hornet doesnt have any sort of on board laser guidance system

Buddy lasing? And if that's the case why not just add the gbu12 first?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

JTAC. Or ask that guy in a Harrier maybe.

Yes i and others know what buddy lasing is. , But Again my point is why Include the Laser guided maverick first, instead of the Gbu12. ( Or both at the same time) Both still require Ability to change/adjust Laser code anyways for it to work.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

With the gbu-12, you'd have to drop at the right area somehow, without too much instrumentation.

With the agm-65e, you also get a built-in LST, and will know if it sees the target before you launch. You may even be unable to launch without tracking the target.

With the gbu-12, you'd have to drop at the right area somehow, without too much instrumentation.

With the agm-65e, you also get a built-in LST, and will know if it sees the target before you launch. You may even be unable to launch without tracking the target.

It works fine in the Mirage and F-5 - you just either use coordinates or smoke.

Just the E initially

If that is true the main Question shouldn't be "Why Mav's before (L) GBU's", the Question should be: Why we get Laser guided Ordnance before others?!

If we get Mavericks, fine it's okay for me, but send in these with Ir Seekers first! And if we talking about GBU's, damn I would rather prefer a AGM-62!

First and foremost in my Hornet I want to pick a Target and engage it. And Second: I have no Airwing or Squadron, so there is nobody who can buddylase a target. And even if I had one it is a carrier Airwing. We will have hornets and soon F-14. No Lasers here. (And I'll go crazy if the F-14B from 3rd Party got an TgtPod before the Homemade Multirolefighter!)

Last thing will be I don't know how to tell the AI A-10 to work as AFAC. And in MP you can get barely contact with one, cause you don't know if he uses TS or SRS or whatever. Maybe he want do more than just wait for me to get there and fire 4 Mav's and disapear?

It's an EA Plane and I can Wait. But why Laser Ordance first? Seems to make no sense for me right know:(

Greetings