Does anybody actually fly this thing?

Wrench

I've always like the 109 and bought it a few years ago.

Finally getting around to posting this question here:

Is there anybody who flies the 109 regularly that can help me get proficient in dogfighting in the thing?

I'm pretty familiar with the aircraft, but I'd like someone who really knows how to fly max perf to help me learn how to really be an effective combat pilot.

The trouble has always been there's not enough WWII activity online. Burning Skies is really the only server I'm aware of, and there's almost never anybody on. And those who are on don't even use Voice Coms, which I largely consider a basic requirement of MP now that SRS makes it so easy.

JG4 doesn’t really fly much DCS as far as I’ve seen. I’ve never flown SOW and it seems like a cool concept but I don’t think it’s that full usually.......

As you said BS is usually about it at the moment. Like Birdstrike said you or anyone else who is interested are more than welcome to drop by and say hi to us at 9./JG27. If you’d like the TS details feel free to Pm me.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I've been flying the 109 offline for about the past year. I won't profess to be an expert but I'm good enough mostly to defeat the AI in one to one dog fights and I can hit ground targets proficiently enough.

I haven't played much online because I haven't had time for that much until very recently. I also think that for good ping, I'd be better off only playing with players also based in the UK like me - which limits the pool.

However if you are UK and you'd like someone to play with or against (I fly the spitfire too). I'd welcome that - it's about time I started flying with real players in any case. AI only takes you so far.

On the higher difficulties the AI can actually be quite good training in some ways. But as you say the best way is to practice against real people online. Even better if you find someone who knows what they’re doing to help you along the way.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Yes the AI cheats but if you can manage your energy well enough to outfight the 'cheater' then you're probably not doing too horribly. Its good for practicing clean, no mistakes flying when you don't have humans to go fight against, but obviously it makes the same moves every time and is quite predictable because of this.

9./JG27