Can't hit anything with CCIP or CCRP in Missions.

Wicked.-

Mhh.. If the A-10 would be able to do it automatically I would be confused why there are threads and videos talking about significantly increased accuracy after entering a wind profile.

I don't know for sure. But based on that I would guess that it doesn't do it automatically. At least not in a way that affects accuracy as modeled in our DCS A-10C.

For the CBUs I use HOF Setting C, works like a charm then. There's a video that explains the settings and the exact effect well, with nice images:

Edited by Zabuza

It's my understanding from that real life Reddit interview with the A-10C pilot (they're on Suite 12) that a lot of that stuff is automatic now. But in Suite 3 it's not. But if I'm not correct I would like to know.

:music_whistling:Oops, Suite 8, not 12.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker
Wrong Suite

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As has been pointed out already IFFCC automatically corrects for wind (algorithm based on wind at current altitude and wind a 0 speed at -4000 ft MSL). As in real life there is no need whatsoever to enter wind data manually, it offers no benefits to a well executed delivery. The only time itay be beneficial is when performing a level LAT/MAT delivery, which is not something that is commonly done at all. And even then yoi can only get the wind data using artificial and unrealistic means in DCS, and any benefit can be made unnecessary simply by choosing a more accurate delivery type.

I and others have said it many times but I’ll say it again, this is just snake oil solving a problem that doesn’t exist. This is all in the -34 which is not publicly available.

A-10C are on suite 8 now.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

OK, thanks Eddie. If that's the case then I stand corrected. We have used LASTE in the past to demonstrate that you can drop from high altitude and it does make a difference in accuracy but it's broken in 2.5 now. I would really like to see some documentation but if you say it's not publicly available I'll take your word for it.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did this write-up a few years back:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124711

DCS has three wind layers you can set in the mission editor and four in practice. Setting all of the right wind speeds and directions in LASTE does indeed make unguided bombing very accurate.

The automatic correction only takes the wind at your current altitude into consideration.

Haven't tried it in 2.5 though.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Thinking logically... if the IFFCC does acquire the data automatically, while you are climbing lets say, but by the time you get in the TO, the IFFCC has no way to know what the wind in the current area is in the lower layers as you have only flown in the higher ones ?

So, I am guessing that if you would like to have accurate data for wind you have to fly trough the TO at lower altitudes first.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I like using laste for inputting wind data, its fun to do but its not necessary in anyway. You can release a mk82 from 10k feet agl with 10+ kts winds on every layer and get a direct hit on a T90. CCIP is pinpoint accurate without inputting any extra wind data.

As far as i know, when you dont input any wind data IFFCC just sees the current wind layer you are in and calculates the rest of the layers from that single layer.

Thats why that a10 pilot who did AMAA on reddit said this:

"Do you input wind correction info into the LASTE or does the IFFCC automatically compensate in the targeting calculations?

The IFFCC builds its own wind tables continuously during flight. There is an option to set your own values but I've never tried it out."

Edit: Try it out yourselves, i just got a direct hit on a t90 with an mk82 which was released at 11k agl on 45 degree dive by using CCIP without any extra wind data. Turbulance was 39, and wind info on mission editor was 10, 21, 16, 14 kts from bottom layer to top.

Edited by kylekatarn720

I did this write-up a few years back:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124711

DCS has three wind layers you can set in the mission editor and four in practice. Setting all of the right wind speeds and directions in LASTE does indeed make unguided bombing very accurate.

The automatic correction only takes the wind at your current altitude into consideration.

Haven't tried it in 2.5 though.

According to the tests I've run, it doesn't work in 2.5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]