Altimeter Up/Down Key: So slow!

Zabuzard

Heyho,

Got a feature request. There are assignable keys for setting the pressure on the altimeter (up/down).

I find those keys extremely useful as we do need to set the pressure often in the Viggen and sometimes the difference is very big - so setting the pressure takes some time.

We can of course do it by using the mouse, however that requires you to get heads down which is difficult when flying low. So that's why I really like those assignable keys!

The problem is:

The keys change the pressure extremely slow. So slow that you will not use them. I think it would be better if the keys change the pressure in big intervals and you can then do a fine tuning with the mouse.

Even better would be if a short tap changes the pressure slowly, while keeping holding it accelerates the change. This would simulate turning the knob slowly for fine tuning, and then holding it to turn it faster to get higher intervals done

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

The pressures from my last flight plan ranged from:

and then back again. If I'd guess a good value, maybe it's about 10 per 1 second.

A better approach would be what tranquility suggested. That the speed increases. However, I understand that this is harder to program and it would be low priority.

So I think a quick-fix for a fix speed of about 5-10 per one second would be okay for now. I personally would use the mouse for fine tuning then, the mouse offers a very precise handling at that knob.

Edited by Zabuza

I would also like it faster, the best would be if it could be like it is now with another keybinding that is much faster, perhaps 5x. Or 10x if that is possible to control. You could then map it to two keys and then use the same with a mod key like Shift or Alt to fine tune it.

• Like 1

How much faster do you want it? 10x?

My thoughts would be a tempo'd approach, where one tap of the key/button does one number, and holding it down spans 10 every second.

EDIT: you could also do what Fisherman82 suggested with modifiers for the keys, but I think a tempo approach for directx buttons is the way to go.