DCS: Black Shark - Dev Updates - 09 July 2008

Wags

If this is the Order in which the Modules coming out, it will make me really sad:(

If I want to fly "perfect" simulated fixed Wings, I have (Open)Falcon! (sorry to all LockOn fans...but so it is..)

I want the Ah-64 before all the fixed wings Aircracfts will come out:cry:

Why? Because two Pilots in one (especially Helo)Pit in a very good Sim....you now understand me?

Can the F-15 be flown with two Pilots in MP?

I am afraid alex that open falcon flight model is far from perfect. It really does not even come close to the complexeties of the modelling on the su25t. The flight model and not the graphics is what stops me from investing more time on OF

So lets have a look at what DCS is offering

6DOF

Advanced flight model as good as SU25t (hopefully)

Full switch technology

advanced damage and system modelling

Much better graphics.

All of which will be (hopefully from what i have seen by dev reports and movies posted) above that of Open Falcon. So, if you enjoy Open falcon, you should be blown away by this (bar a dynamic campaign of course). If you enjoy flying just for flying as well as active combat, then how can you go wrong ?

Falcon will soon be where it belongs, on a shelf being admired for what it has achieved.

Also remember that it was stated that the list IS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

There are a few things we know for sure.

Only flyables without radar will be modelled first.

That would leave the following as candidates for the following release

1- A-10A Suite 2

2- A-10C Suite 3

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Mi-24V

So lets look at this logically.

Black shark will cater for rotor heads. Excellent. So DCS has two options. Model the opposing sides helicopter to enable online Faction against Faction playability. Or they can release a fix wing to stop the jocks crying and bring in a whole host of revenue by catering to the fixed wing market.

For me the options is clear and simple.

Release in the following order

1- A-10A Suite 2 - get the fixed wing peeps out of the tissues and into a cockpit.

2- AH-64A Blk. 49A to then have competition for the black shark

3 - A-10C Suite 3 - as they have already done most of the work on this (by the sounds of it) all they have to do is adapt it into the new engine

Then i would say (if radar and Air 2 Air wepons modelling has not been completed)

4- Mi-24V - this is because i don't think they have started or done much with this (my opinion only)

I wouldn't be worried, we know the AH64 has already been well into construction. So this is my prediction and if i am right (my wife never thinks so) it will be out as one of the earlier releases.

• Like 1

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for what happens after Black Shark, the team has several aircraft modules currently in development (this could include development of 6 DOF cockpits, avionics or flight dynamics). While the A-10A Suite 2 module will still likely follow the Black Shark, the following aircraft are also now planned for DCS in development at one stage or another:

1- A-10A Suite 2 (latest version of A-10A in active use)

2- A-10C Suite 3 (we now have permission from the USAF to develop an entertainment version of the simulation we developed for them. We are very happy and excited about this).

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

Matt

i love those plans :thumbup: both A-10A and C version it will be hard to wait another 1 - 1.5year after Black sharks release

well it was great hear that ED can release for us "Hoggers" A-10C :notworthy:

Actually OpenFalcon has a working, clickable 6DOF-Cockpit and it also has Full Switch Technology, at least it has something that I'd understand as that.

With HiTiles it has better graphics than LockOn in some areas.

No doubt that Falcon is outdated - the question is just: By what?:D

That's why I'm really looking forward to the F16C, but also the A10, as both are my favorite jets.

On the other hand, as an old helo-fan, I wouldn't mind the Apache, Hind and maybe some other helo (Kiowa?) for the NATO-side before that happens. :music_whistling:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

May 16 DCS Update

As for what happens after Black Shark, the team has several aircraft modules currently in development (this could include development of 6 DOF cockpits, avionics or flight dynamics). While the A-10A Suite 2 module will still likely follow the Black Shark, the following aircraft are also now planned for DCS in development at one stage or another:

1- A-10A Suite 2 (latest version of A-10A in active use)

2- A-10C Suite 3 (we now have permission from the USAF to develop an entertainment version of the simulation we developed for them. We are very happy and excited about this).

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

Thanks for your support,

Matt

**AHEM** care to designate that Flanker? **KOFF KOFF** :D

**AHEM** care to designate that Flanker? **KOFF KOFF** :D

They said either P or S versions, basicaly what we have now on LOMAC.

It will be great to play arround with an F-16, but it will be "interesting" for the russian side when the F-15C enters in the arena. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I am afraid alex that open falcon flight model is far from perfect. It really does not even come close to the complexeties of the modelling on the su25t. The flight model and not the graphics is what stops me from investing more time on OF

1. Show me one Simulator(even RL Simulator for real Pilots) in this world that is perfect!

2. I don't know Su25T's FM...is this Su25 a Sim? Sorry, but I don't know what you talking about!

I fly Falcon, because it IS the best and realisctic fixed wing Sim! There are plenty of other Sim's with a better FM, sure! But show me only one Sim that have better Avionics, Campaign and at least a "I'm in a War" feeling....atmosphere...call it what ever you want...like Falcon!!?!

@Groove and bogusheadbox: I know what DCS is creating here. I never said it was bad or crappy. I only said that I was (and I only mean a bit)sad if there were fixed Wings before the Apache came out. Sorry if you missunderstood me.

With HiTiles it has better graphics than LockOn in some areas.

Really? Didn't know that...wondering...feel happy!!!:music_whistling::D

Actually OpenFalcon has a working, clickable 6DOF-Cockpit and it also has Full Switch Technology, at least it has something that I'd understand as that.

No doubt that Falcon is outdated - the question is just: By what?:D

That's why I'm really looking forward to the F16C, but also the A10, as both are my favorite jets.

On the other hand, as an old helo-fan, I wouldn't mind the Apache, Hind and maybe some other helo (Kiowa?) for the NATO-side before that happens. :music_whistling:

I fully agree!

My first Sim was an helo Sim. That's why I want...after all these years of abstinence...a Helo Sim primarily!

P.s.: My english is not the best, so maybe you missunderstand me and my words a bit...sry for that!

It will be great to play arround with an F-16, but it will be "interesting" for the russian side when the F-15C enters in the arena. :D

Oh- I don't expect it to dominate anything more than it can today. I'm basically thinking about the AFM carrier traps, proper avionics modeling- or at least a dramatic improvement.

If the same level of care is given to the F15? Phe-e-e-e-e-wwwww. That's gonna be some bad news in the hands of a talented driver. Personally I'd LOVE to get back in the Eagle. I gave up on it in version 1.0 I just couldn't bear to fly something so utterly castrated..

Perhaps we can then play BVR as intended and firing a 27er from high and fast will be more than just chaff hunting:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

wet_std.jpg

Well, at least I don't think it looks like a 10 year old game.

s2_std.jpg

14htaf_std.jpg

6DOF-Pit in action:

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5k1QL2LO1M&feature=related

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

+1

Very Nice, cant wait for this release...

Когда трубишь в Рог,будь Справедлив но Строг...

Flanker Pilot =RAF=Acid Freak

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

E8400(3.6Ghz),Asus P5k Pro,6Gb Ram,1.5Tb Seagate Barracuda,EH3870,LG L1953TR,Thrustmaster T.16000M,600W :joystick:

Траектория полёта-не известна...

Мнеб бы Су-30МКИ... прочувствовать.

If this is all done properly, this may be the closest anyone, save the militaries involved, will ever get to a lot of historical "what if" Cold War scenarios. I'd love to see the outcome of a realistic Red Force vs. Blue Force scenario played out with competent humans in the cockpits.

Apaches, Flankers, Eagles and MiGs, oh my! :D

The physical model of the Ka-50 is a generation ahead even from the Su-25T in FC. If it was not the similar graphics engine I couldn't say it's derivate of LO.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Really? I call it Jane's F/A-18. :D

I fly Falcon, because it IS the best and realisctic fixed wing Sim! There are plenty of other Sim's with a better FM, sure! But show me only one Sim that have better Avionics, Campaign and at least a "I'm in a War" feeling....atmosphere...call it what ever you want...like Falcon!!?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Now imagine realizing that the 120 has almost the same range as that ER when launched high and fast as well ... things start to get scary ;)

IIRC max range for an ER shot is 66km (the max range at which the flanker's radar will lock on to anything). The AMRAAM can be launched from 80km if you really want, though I'm not terribly confident it would hit anyone who was half-competent at BVR ... the ER would more than likely end up with more energy.

Perhaps we can then play BVR as intended and firing a 27er from high and fast will be more than just chaff hunting:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

:cry:Guys, guys. I beg you, can we take it easy on negative feed back please. I just think this is one of the best developers updates I have ever seen from a game developer, ever. ED has not made any promises, like some companies do. They just told us, we are thinking about this. I don't want ED member to stop updates because we give them to much negative feed back. I very sorry if this makes anyone mad, not my intension. IMO, we got told great news that maybe, maybe we might get very detail F-15!, SU-27, A-10s. We should be grateful to ED team for saying:" Hey we are thinking maybe we will create this models, maybe" and we should not say:" Aww man, they don't have this aircraft or that one". We should say: "Awesome, hope you guys have the chance to developed those models." Just my two cents guys and again very sorry if this make anyone mad.

• Like 2

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sorry ... there was negative feedback?

I think people can lament about lack of their favorite aircraft so long as they do it once ...

Eg: Where's DCS: TomCat!!! :D

Other than that it looks like things have been quite positive!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:cry:Guys, guys. I beg you, can we take it easy on negative feed back please. I just think this is one of the best developers updates I have ever seen from a game developer, ever. ED has not made any promises, like some companies do. They just told us, we are thinking about this. I don't want ED member to stop updates because we give them to much negative feed back. I very sorry if this makes anyone mad, not my intension. IMO, we got told great news that maybe, maybe we might get very detail F-15!, SU-27, A-10s. We should be grateful to ED team for saying:" Hey we are thinking maybe we will create this models, maybe" and we should not say:" Aww man, they don't have this aircraft or that one". We should say: "Awesome, hope you guys have the chance to developed those models." Just my two cents guys and again very sorry if this make anyone mad.
+1

No Negativity perceived either.......:)

Simply an outstanding outlook: As the saying rightly goes............

"You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time"

It's All Good!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

May 16 DCS Update

Also, when creating multiplayer missions, each side will now have their own unique text and image briefings. Also, each side can be assigned unique goals. While this will not be a significant feature for Black Shark, which will likely focus on cooperative missions, this will be a welcome feature as we add additional aircraft to the DCS mix.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt, I can't tell you how happy that part made me :thumbup::D:D .

Finally resources are being aimed at multiplayer with thoughts of not just how we are actually going to set up missions but what type of missions will best suit the aircraft type we're going to fly, ie coops for BS and adversarial once we get some fighters to play with. Every successful sim IMO is a result of an online environment that's very addictive e.g M$FS (Vatsim network), IL2 and hopefully we'll be able to add DCS-BS to that group too :) .

I have to say though that I'm bitterly, bitterly disappointed that the navy wont be showing it's head in any DCS release. I know the reasons why but when you see it in black and white it just adds a finality to the dream of an F18/Su33/Mig29K modeled to BS standards that just basically sucks :( . Although at least we will be getting a Su27 and Eagle to go head to head with so if we are allowed a vote then I would say to the DCS team that if it comes down to another chopper or bomber then forget them both and give us some fighters :) .. pleasssszzzee. :v:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and why infect this thread with ugly pics of Falcon!! LOL

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.