• J-5A
    • J-6III
    • J-7G
    • J-8E
    • J-8F
    • Q-5III
    • Q-5D
    • H-5

Fixing and upgrading the old models, weapons and characteristics would be more important to me than more aircraft, Starting to turn into flight simulator...

Deka only have the J-11 and some ground units released and once the JF-17 is released they will naturally shift to a new project. When it comes to fixing and upgrading the old models, thats dependant on the other development teams.

I think a Q-5L (or at least any Q-5 with self-lasing capability) would be a really cool addition, providing a full fidelity CAS aircraft for Red that could compete with the Harrier or A-10C.

If the only Q-5 we could do would be an older one without PGMs, then I'd rather have a J-8F.

I think a Q-5L (or at least any Q-5 with self-lasing capability) would be a really cool addition, providing a full fidelity CAS aircraft for Red that could compete with the Harrier or A-10C.

If the only Q-5 we could do would be an older one without PGMs, then I'd rather have a J-8F.

As far as I know, Q-5L is just a prototype and was never accepted into service. So I doubt it will be made into an module.

None of the jets mentioned in the wislish are of any interest to me sadly. They look very old in design and loadout. Personally, I would love to see the J-10 Fighter if we are talking specifically chinese jets.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

There is too little known about the jets and they don't have the modern label to pull attention like jf17. Also they don't seem very differentiable from migs and SUs. I really hope j10 is considered since I heard it is now eing marketed for export and info may become more publicly available.

A late J-7 and Q-5 are really what I want TBH.

This generation of aircraft is what I am most interested in for DCS, as they fit the best for a few reasons. Also they are truly "red jets", and the community really wants some of those :)

Both would fit an 80s-90s set up quite nicely.

Lately we got lots of realtively modern stuff, but I really thinkg 60s-70s and 80s-90s are the way to go for DCS, systems/features are a nice blend of oldie and modern i those periods, getting reliable declassified info is more likely, and a nice balance of blue vs red is also more likely.

Q-5 is a nice attack jet with its roots in MiG-19, so should be fairly nice to fly as well. A later J-7 with characteristic double delta wings and bubbly canopy is a fairly multirole offering and a distinct cousin of venerable MiG-21. I can see them both catering to niches in red side modules.

Edit: as for the others, J-5 and J-6... well in their case I don't think they are different enough from MiG-15 and 19 to prove interesting. J-8, well it is OK, I probably would get it, but much, much prefer J-7 and Q-5 instead. J-8 is a tad too interceptor focused for me with little in the way of agility and multirole options.

As for the things that aren't featured in the opitons: J-10, like I've said I prefer to get some older modules at this point. Besides, I honestly don't see it happening. Though it's a cool interesting jet, I'd eventually get it. If JH-7 would be possbile, I'd be more interested in that as far as modern-ish Chinese aircraft go. I like strike planes, that's why. But I doubt that it is likely either.

Now, I'd prefer to get some Chinese aircraft but, I wouldn't say no to Chinese Flankers either, because we are very unlikely to get Russian ones, and I'd love a full fidelity modern Flanker. I just love Flankers, can't help it :P. Any of Chinese "indigenous" ones, or even the Su-30MKK would be cool to see, though, again, I don't think these are very likely either.

Finally, something no one considers so far: JF-17 is, in a way, arguably more of a Pakistani aircraft than Chinese. If other mainly Pakistan operated aircraft are possible, I'd love, love, LOVE the idea of Mirage III and Mirage V ROSE program upgrades in DCS :P Don't see them happening, but hey, a man can dream :D!

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The development of J-10 document

Also:

A late J-7 and Q-5 are really what I want TBH.

Edit: as for the others, J-5 and J-6... well in their case I don't think they are different enough from MiG-15 and 19 to prove interesting. J-8, well it is OK, I probably would get it, but much, much prefer J-7 and Q-5 instead. J-8 is a tad too interceptor focused for me with little in the way of agility and multirole options.

What are you talking about? J-5 was an equivalence of MiG-17 not MiG-15

Edited by J-20

Oh yeah, you got me there, but for the rest my point stands, and for me personaly MiG-17 isn't too interesting anyway.

Ok, let me see what other points you have.

A late J-7 and Q-5 are really what I want TBH. A later J-7 with characteristic double delta wings and bubbly canopy is a fairly multirole offering and a distinct cousin of venerable MiG-21. I can see them both catering to niches in red side modules.

Edit: as for the others, J-5 and J-6... well in their case I don't think they are different enough from MiG-15 and 19 to prove interesting.

So you love J-7G because it has a distinctive wing over other MiG-21 variant.

And you don't like J-6III because it has a distinctive wing over other MiG-19 variant.

Edited by J-20

Ok, let me see what other points you have.

So you love J-7G because it has a distinctive wing over other MiG-21 variant.

And you don't like J-6III because it has a distinctive wing over other MiG-19 variant.

No, I like J-7G because it has the distinctive wing, better maneuverability, bubble canopy, and some avionics/weapons, all unique compared to Russian late MiG-21 types.

Do you have any more unnecessary and ineffective attempts at cheap shots on me? Bring it on ;)

• Thanks 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Why does jf17 not have bubble canopy. Also what's that weird twisting rod thing around the canopy?

Rod thing is probably explosives for shattering the canopy before ejecting, that' what it is in most other jets having it. It's not a full bubble, but I'd say it still provides pretty good visibility as is.

DCS-Dismounts Script

No, I like J-7G because it has the distinctive wing, better maneuverability, bubble canopy, and some avionics/weapons, all unique compared to Russian late MiG-21 types.

Do you have any more unnecessary and ineffective attempts at cheap shots on me? Bring it on ;)

Which part of my points was "Cheap"?

The J-6III has the distinctive wing, better maneuverability, and some avionics/weapons, all unique compared to Russian late MiG-19 types.

None of the jets mentioned in the wislish are of any interest to me sadly. They look very old in design and loadout. Personally, I would love to see the J-10 Fighter if we are talking specifically chinese jets.

Naturally those are all 1st, 2nd ( and 3rd ? ) generation jet fighters, so they can't be more modern or technicaly capable than that.

But I understand your point; for me it's the WW2 birds which don't catch my interest a lot.

(I find Spitfires and BF-109s very pretty... but it's just that.)

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

The development of J-10 document

Also:

Is the J-10 in the to do list ?

Althouhg the JF-17 doesn't catch my interest that much, the J-10 on the other hand is probably a sure buy for me if DEKA goes forward with it.

I like its looks, its canards, etc.

Its design just screams: high maneuverability.

... although let's not kid ourselves - I've read somewhere this is actually the Israeli "Lavi" project, bought by China. :D

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Even thow it resembles the Laavi, its a very different plane. Much heavier and less capable avionics wise.

I woudl love a J-10. Specialy since Argentina was offered some by China. That said, i think the Fc-1 (JF-17) is a much more capable aircraft, much more developed and at a cheaper price.

I think i might be a bit redundant to have both for now, when we could halve an attack palne like the Q-5.

Even thow it resembles the Laavi, its a very different plane. Much heavier and less capable avionics wise.

I woudl love a J-10. Specialy since Argentina was offered some by China. That said, i think the Fc-1 (JF-17) is a much more capable aircraft, much more developed and at a cheaper price.

I think i might be a bit redundant to have both for now, when we could halve an attack palne like the Q-5.

Relevant points indeed, but everytime I look at a jet fighter I tend to be carried away by my "purist" vein...

And in that regard, I believe the J-10 would be a superior BFM machine than the JF-17.

(Of course all this is mere speculation, as I've never compared any kind of performance data between the two.)

By the way, also recal an article where chinese pilots reported the J-10 did very good in BFM against their Su-27.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I must agree, on a pure BFM scenario the J-10 should be superior to the Fc-1. But sicne they started developing the later, the J-10 was left with an older radar and less avionics development.

The J-10 must be a good Interceptor with good CGI support, but every other aspect has been left undeveloped, it seems, in favor of the new batch of jets being produced: J-11 and J-20.

Relevant points indeed, but everytime I look at a jet fighter I tend to be carried away by my "purist" vein...

And in that regard, I believe the J-10 would be a superior BFM machine than the JF-17.

(Of course all this is mere speculation, as I've never compared any kind of performance data between the two.)

By the way, also recal an article where chinese pilots reported the J-10 did very good in BFM against their Su-27.

J-10 had nothing to do with Lavi.

The video talked about the entire development process and the predecessor of J-10, which is known as J-9.

In the video, they had shown you a photo which is front the "Youth Science Magazine" issued in 1979. The J-10 project was already started back then, right after the cancellation of J-9. But the Lavi project wasn't started until a year later in 1980. So if you like "purist", then J-10 is home grown Chinese.

image.php?url=0KRYhgNz1w

Also, to answer your question, as far as I know only J-10A AI is under consideration at the moment.

Honestly not interested in most of the aircraft on the list. With the exception of a few on the list , Would rather get the actual soviet aircraft equivlant rather than copies export based derivatives of them.Fact s however china just didnt make many original designs until more recent times

Edited by Kev2go
  • Thanks 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD