Control system

=4c=Nikola

YoYo explained to me, that they opted for not simulating this effect due most users not having FBB and as it is FC3. This however does not mean that SAS is not working behind the scene.

I argued that why it is so as other autopilot stick movement is simulated, but there was classic "FC3" reply.

Tried to turn off damper. Doesn't work (light stays on).

I gave real mig-29 pilot to try it. He says it feels nowhere like real one, and that they would consider aircraft with such control characteristics unairworthy.

I believe your story.

IMHO:

The current behaviour can't be realistic.

PIO under 400 km/h is possible with only little effort.

The energy around lateral axis the aircraft gains when pitching seems like it had the half or a quater of the real mass, the inertia doesn't feel right.

Or the values for aerodynamic forces are too high.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Lots of talk about the MiG-29 being too 'twitchy' in pitch, that the controls are too hairy and that the flight model can't be realistic because of excessive pitch sensitivity leading to PIO especially at lower speeds.

Almost all of us are using desk-top control sticks with our computers. Try adding a foot-long (~30cm) extension to your control stick and remove the pitch axis curve, then try it. :)

The real MiG-29 doesn't have a stubby little control stick! Neither does the Spitfire, which people have also complained about, saying the pitch axis is far too sensitive.

It's all because our flight sticks are much too short, so control inputs tend to be too coarse, and it's PIO-City.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I gave real mig-29 pilot to try it. He says it feels nowhere like real one, and that they would consider aircraft with such control characteristics unairworthy.

It's completely normal for the real pilots to give different opinions about simulators sometimes contradicting each other. Reasons being different view and control setup (what AD says) and also the simple fact that it's really hard for the RL pilot to get any real feel if he's not used to simulators in the first place.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Almost all of us are using desk-top control sticks with our computers. Try adding a foot-long (~30cm) extension to your control stick and remove the pitch axis curve, then try it. ...

AD

I totally forgot about that fact.

So you are saying my stick is too short? Man ... how could you!?! :P

I will give a longer stick a try and an report back once accomplished.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 4 months later...
Lots of talk about the MiG-29 being too 'twitchy' in pitch, that the controls are too hairy and that the flight model can't be realistic because of excessive pitch sensitivity leading to PIO especially at lower speeds.

Almost all of us are using desk-top control sticks with our computers. Try adding a foot-long (~30cm) extension to your control stick and remove the pitch axis curve, then try it. :)

The real MiG-29 doesn't have a stubby little control stick! Neither does the Spitfire, which people have also complained about, saying the pitch axis is far too sensitive.

It's all because our flight sticks are much too short, so control inputs tend to be too coarse, and it's PIO-City.

AD

Yet you don't find it odd that people manage to control other aircraft without these problems just by adding a curve? I'm managing the Spit and even the TwitchMonster that is the Gazelle with my stubby little Warthog. Only the Mig-29 is proving to be a glitchy deathtrap.

• 3 months later...