Havoc Company Dedicated Server

Johnny_Rico

It's pita time again. :music_whistling:

The Scud mission on both the Cau. and Sy. server sometimes get stuck. Despite all units being destroyed there is no success message; the regular announcement for the mission keeps popping up. Also, the Scud convoy on the Sy. server seems to get stuck enroute -- after the lead vehicle (BMP?) had been destroyed, they advanced ... but only for a short distance.

The Silkworm mission also got kinda stuck, although I am not sure if this is intended: one truck (rest got destroyed enroute) arrived at its destination, but the actual Silkworm site did not spawn.

Yep, Assad mission works now -- although I told myself I won't play these kind of missions. :music_whistling: Missed the buggers by ~75m, had to pop some 12.7 on them, bec. Assad. :joystick:

Check the two F10 screenies I made within 5 minutes; the scattered units slooowly joined the convoy. At some stage they got stuck again and stood still (last screenie). That's pretty much exactly how the silkworm convoy looked yesterday when it got stuck; with Tungi digging for some oil it seems. Just a heads up, I know this is probably beyond DIY fixing.

Syria map shaping up nicely, btw.!

Screen_200917_160201.thumb.png.2911ca087d99e823897d0ef3e9c2eff5.png

Screen_200917_160559.thumb.png.84c9c2f8fde73dfa597d2746a4726574.png

Screen_200917_170142.thumb.png.09fb23fea106ba166814cdee65e00c10.png

They haven't been attacked at those stages I showed, yet; they silky worm convoy did pretty much the same right from the beginning. I cannot exclude the Syria map being more prone to pathing problems, but the common denominator in both cases is MP with 2+ clients (and lag?).

Speaking of which: yesterday, the silky convoy behaved normally until it reached its destination (also without being attacked enroute). It never deployed and triggered the next phase, though, leading to the regular info message ("... destroy it before it reaches the firing position ...") being shown even after its destruction.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

It seems this server hasn't quite come back up from the 2.7 update last week. Not sure if it just needs some 'manual enticement' or the automatic real weather script is a little distressed with the new weather system.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello hello, just wanted to ask if this server is still active and using the same IP address as before (94.23.215.203:30108 was mentioned)? Ran into this via the "Virpil collective honest review" video, and the heli missions you guys have seemed really cool.

I haven't been able to check havoc-company.com (which was listed on the YouTube page) nor have I been able to connect to the server today using the above IP address, so was wondering if something has changed, if it's possibly down, or I might just be barking up the wrong tree altogether.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopped in last night to have a gander, seems cool! Did have a little bit of trouble though.

I tried doing CSAR with the Huey, and tuning into the pilots' ADF frequencies proved problematic. Using the frequencies listed via the F10 comms menu I never got a signal, and when I just scrolled around with the tuning I did pick up some signals, but they seemed to always be other, permanent beacons on the map. No idea if I did something wrong or if things just weren't working properly.

8 hours ago, HC_Official said:

Try clicking on the closest to your position csar guy, does the freq in his name work ok?

We're going there again tonight (last night's excursion ended up in my friend overspeeding after going over a hill and going into retreating blade stall, and me getting shot down by a dang AK...), for revenge! We'll try it out.

OK, some testing results:

First attempt with Huey: Success. Both me and my buddy (in different choppers) could get a lock on the signal (after tuning multiple kHz off of the claimed frequency), though a hill caused it to take a fairly long while before we got it.

Second attempt: Failure, video link coming in a bit. We started heading for Craven Moorehead, using frequency 350 kHz, and found it easily. When we started flying it was directing us somewhere Northeast, while in reality the target was well Southeast of us. By the time we show in the video we've been flying for a fair bit, and the ADF is directing us to fly almost exactly due East (the compass on my screen is out of sync, pilot's compass was showing the correct direction compared to F10 map and backup compass), while the target was at that point almost directly South of us.

Third attempt: Failure. Buddy left and I switched to a Hip to try it out. First time trying to ADF in the Hip (only bought it yesterday), so maybe I did something wrong, but I couldn't get a signal to a target a mere 25 km away, on mostly flat ground, no significant hills.

Had the ARK-9 selected, both main and reserve tuned to the frequency, COMP mode on, and HSI mode on the MW/ARK-9 mode (switch to the left). Tried using the fine tuning knobs on both channels, nothing.

Edited by jubuttib

8 hours ago, jubuttib said:

Second attempt: Failure, video link coming in a bit.

Edit: The reason why "20.3km to Craven Moorehead" surprised me so much was that we were supposedly flying towards Craven, but 5 minutes before we were at like 19.6km...

Edited by jubuttib