Mig-29 unable to lock air targets

BrzI

Not too far away. But I had conflicting assignments in the Mig29 sections. When I synced up all three of them the problems went away.

Yes, the Mig29s radar is weaker than the Su27s. The Flanker will lock onto a target at a greater distance.

Thanks

I have the same problem but with MIG 29S only. However, you can lock them up in TWS mode but the range is very less. By the time you lock them up and fire, its pretty much game over.

You can kill an AI F18 with AMRAAMs with your Mig29s R-27Rs....but it takes some practice.

Using R-27ERs it is much easier..you can almost deny him first shot sometimes..

I have the same problem but with MIG 29S only. However, you can lock them up in TWS mode but the range is very less. By the time you lock them up and fire, its pretty much game over.

Tested OK @latest beta on Mig-29S - IA misssion Strike Intercept - succesful STT radar locks on targets at 30-40km.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Running latest public version. Cannot lock onto air targets in both variants of the Mig 29. Any suggestions folks ?

Thanks

Make sure it is bound in your controls. It should be "Target Lock" and is by default Enter. You're probably slewing the target away from your radar's cone of vision just before you lock, because the radar has a short 'memory' to targets that it detects.

TWS switches to STT automatically waaay beyond the effective range of the R-27, R-77 or the AIM-120. Make sure you're tracking the closest target in TWS as to not lose total situational awareness when it swaps to STT.

Edited by Auditor

You can kill an AI F18 with AMRAAMs with your Mig29s R-27Rs...

You mean like this? :) Didn’t really need the R-73 but didn’t spot the remnants of the hit until after launching it.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.