Black Shark Virtual Panel v.1.1 - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #51
DickDastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Smil View Post
Any chance the EKRAN, SAI and three right guages will be added?
My original layout plan for BSVP was like this:

...and as you can see I've already done the graphics for the remaining gauges like the standby ADI, clock and whisky compass. You'll have to wait for Mnemonic to do more of his coding magic in a future version of BSVP before using them, however. We thought you guys would rather be enjoying BSVP now rather than wait until every single gauge is finished before releasing it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
would it be possable to include the annunciator panel on the screen (or have an option for it) as well. This would mean that i wouldnt have to spend £60 on an IO card and LED's. and i could finally alt-F1 that cockpit display.
Since I designed that layout, we now have the EKRAN, LWS, weapons display, warning lights and AP lights in TouchPal so those areas could potentially be used for something else like the overhead lights instead.

Cheers,
DD

Last edited by DickDastardly; 11-09-2009 at 10:15 PM.
DickDastardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #52
hannibal

i guess this requires .LUA to be active in a multiplayer server?

i love this, but its useless for me if it doesnt work in multiplayer...

i really hate having to look down in the virtual cockpit... i depend on the Vertical Descent Rate gauge to keep me out of vortex ring..
hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #53
talisman

awww you guys just rock.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #54
memento10

For those of us that don't use or know too much about Touchbuddy... will the Ekran eventually be included in BSVP or should we look at installing TB eventhough we don't have touchscreens?

Thanks!
memento10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #55
sobe

When it states that BSVP runs over a network, does that refer to a linksys router network or a real network? If a linksys router network is ok, how do you figure out the ip for the other computers hooked up to the router?
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #56
DickDastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal View Post
i guess this requires .LUA to be active in a multiplayer server? i love this, but its useless for me if it doesnt work in multiplayer.
Contact the admins of your favourite servers and ask them to enable lua exports, including links to the BSVP and TouchPal threads to explain why you'd like them them to do so. The more people that contact them, the more likely they are to enable this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memento10 View Post
For those of us that don't use or know too much about Touchbuddy... will the Ekran eventually be included in BSVP or should we look at installing TB eventhough we don't have touchscreens?
TouchPal replaces my original TouchBuddy profiles for Black Shark and offers a lot more functionality as everything is now synced with the sim via lua. You don't need a touch screen to benefit from TouchPal as it displays a lot of useful stuff like the LWS, CMS, EKRAN and Weapons readouts. Even with a mouse, it's a lot easier to click on a large stationary TouchPal button than one in the VC.

As for whether the EKRAN will ever be added to BSVP, I don't know (although the graphics are ready). The fact that it's already available in TouchPal makes it a lower priority than adding some of the other stuff we don't yet have in either program.

Cheers,
DD

Last edited by DickDastardly; 11-09-2009 at 11:51 PM.
DickDastardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #57
CyBerkut

sobe, a linksys router network (or any other typical manufacturer's router-based network) is a real network, known as a Local Area Network (LAN). The IP addresses of machines within that LAN will typically be within the ranges permitted to private LANS, rather than the IP ranges for public networks (ie. the internet).

You will need to get into the configuration of your router for your LAN. There are two different ways that it could be assigning IP addresses to the machines within your LAN. It could be assigning them automatically (known as DHCP) as they are detected joining the network by the router. However, that is not what your really want for these applications. In this case, you want to have the involved machines consistently get the same address. This is configured within the router, and you will need to read up on how to do it within your specific router make and model.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
CyBerkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #58
sobe

Actually my router is from ATT and the documentation is nil. I will see if I can find some docs on the Westtel on the internet. If necessary, I guess I will have to call ATT tech support. That will be lots of fun.
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 AM   #59
m0jo

Default Router documentation is not needed

On windows, you need to open the command prompt (cmd.exe), and then write "ipconfig". This will print the IP address of the computer and other information about the network connection

If the router use dynamic DHCP, you will need to use the command "whoami" instead. This command will show the name of the computer. The part before the / is the name of the computer and this name can be used instead of the IP address
m0jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:39 AM   #60
londo-cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDastardly View Post
My original layout plan for BSVP was like this:

...and as you can see I've already done the graphics for the remaining gauges like the standby ADI, clock and whisky compass. You'll have to wait for Mnemonic to do more of his coding magic in a future version of BSVP before using them, however. We thought you guys would rather be enjoying BSVP now rather than wait until every single gauge is finished before releasing it .
Oh My God... this is pretty fantastic!
londo-cat is offline   Reply With Quote