Black Shark Virtual Panel v.1.1 - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #31
sobe

I am trying to run BSVP on 1 computer with 2 screens. I have BSVP showing on my left screen with BS running on my right screen. I have not edited the export.lua file in BSVP yet. When BSVP shows up on my left screen, it says "disconnected" and when I press the Z key it says "Cleint 0*******0". Should I edit the export file with my IP address using IPConfig?
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #32
JG14_Smil

Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

hello, I did not have to edit anything for 2 monitor, one machine use, except the lua's for multi monitor. Are you starting BSVP first?
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #33
Snacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
I am trying to run BSVP on 1 computer with 2 screens. I have BSVP showing on my left screen with BS running on my right screen. I have not edited the export.lua file in BSVP yet. When BSVP shows up on my left screen, it says "disconnected" and when I press the Z key it says "Cleint 0*******0". Should I edit the export file with my IP address using IPConfig?
I did the same exact setup this morning.

You don't need to edit any files. Just backup the export.lua and config.lua and copy the ones that come with BSVP in their place. Make sure to put the Profile in the My Documents/TouchPal folder so TP can find it. Then start the game up. Then it should say Connected when you start to actually fly. When I unpaused my missions it changed to connected and started working.

In his setup instructions he also states that if it does not work you may need to configure your firewall. I have a firewall and av running and it worked fine.

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #34
sobe

You stated that " Make sure to put the Profile in the My Documents/TouchPal folder so TP can find it." I was not running BSVP with TP. I was running BSVP alone and in BS, I used the standard one monitor configuration. Could you please explain all this to me.

Yes, I am starting BSVP first.

BTW, I could never get DD's Touchbuddy to work and am having some problems with TouchPal so I wanted to just use BSVP for now.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #35
Snacko

Oops yea, sorry my bad! I was playing with TouchPal today as well, and that was from TouchPal..

You do not need to do anything with any TouchPal folder in My Documents Sorry for the confusion.

Here are the instructions that I followed and it worked the first time:

Quote:
Installation
---------------
1) Download BSVP v.1.1
http://3dvrm.com/bsvp/

2) Extract archive with BSVP to place where you want to launch it
3) Put scripts (Export.lua, config.lua) to "...Ka-50\Config\Export" folder, dont forget to backup your original scripts first!
If you want to launch BSVP from remote PC then please, in file "Export.lua" change line

[host = host or "localhost"]

to something like
[host = host or "192.168.0.100"]
where specify your remote PC IP adress, as always take care of your firewalls.

Launch BSVP
--------------------
Launch DCS Black Shark (start some single misson, in multiplayer - server must turn on export capabilities)
"Disconnected" message will change to "DCS Connected", if not re-check your firewall setings, and IP's in Export.lua
If everything is fine - BSVP working as it should be and you can press [Shift + M] to turn off textual overlay

Hotkeys
------------
Toggle [Shift + M] to hide or show textual overlay in BSVP
[Shift + Esc] to exit BSVP
Toggle [Alt + Enter] to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode
Toggle [Ctrl + J] to turn on/off camera G-motion
Toggle [Shift + E] for edit/view modes
While in edit mode you can move gauges as you wish, scroll mouse vhile pressing to scale gauge
In edit mode [Shift + Backspace] to restore default gauges positions
[Ctrl + S] to save layout to "C:\bsvp.ini"
[Ctrl + L] to load layout (once created layout will be loaded automatically on each BSVP start)
Toggle [Z] to show/hide technical info that could be useful for solving issues
All I did was follow steps 1, 2, and 3 and it worked with 2 monitors on my pc. I am not using the network setup.

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download

Last edited by Snacko; 11-08-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #36
sobe

In the immortal words of Young Frankenstein, "It's alive." This time I used full screen and BSVP worked fine. Some day I will get Touchpal or Touch Buddy to work. But for now, I am grateful for little things.
Did you get TB or TP to work today?
Old 11-08-2009, 01:17 AM   #37
Gadroc

Nice job!

I posted an Export.lua file which will drive both BSVP 1.1 and TouchPal in the TouchPal thread for those interested.

A few requests:
1) Can you give an options to run with out title bar so we can run it "full screen" on a secondary monitor?
2) You should probably only trap keys when BSVP has focus. While I'm typing in chat or IM I keep toggling settings in BSVP especially since you've used very common keystrokes (Shift+E, Shift M and Z).
Gadroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #38
fox_111

I like your little app.
Would it be possible to display the ABRIS and the SHKVAL screens too?
fox_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:58 AM   #39
Gadroc

Ack! I just noticed another bug with Virtual Panel. It messes with my joystick configuration!

When Virtual Panel is running my G940 turns on the center spring forces. This prevents the Black Shark trimmer from working. As soon as I close Virtual Panel the joystick snaps to the trimmed position.
Gadroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:08 AM   #40
DickDastardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_111 View Post
Would it be possible to display the ABRIS and the SHKVAL screens too?
Yep . Here's a composite image of my setup:

The forward view is running on a projector with a 6ft screen, the Shkval is on a second monitor and the ABRIS, LWS, EKRAN, warning lights, Datalink, CMS, weapons panel, targetting panel, nav keypad, autopilot, lights, heat and view controls are all running on a third (touch) screen thanks to TouchPal.

Then I have BSVP running on a second PC (which has a metal panel with holes cut out for the gauges in front of the monitor) displaying the G-meter, VSI, EGT, radar altimeter, speedometer, ADI, engine RPM, rotor RPM, altimeter, HSI, fuel, rotor pitch, landing gear, master caution and RPM warning lights.

Thanks to the combined export.lua, I've just flown my first flight with every component fully functional and I don't think I've ever enjoyed a flight sim so much -if my grin gets any wider, there's a real risk the top of my head might fall off .

I'd like to thank both Gadroc and Mnemonic for all their hard work on TouchPal and BSVP -it's been a pleasure working with you guys. I think it's really great that, thanks to the internet, people from Russia, the USA and the UK (who would probably have never had the opportunity to meet in real life) can work together to make something so cool .
Cheers,
DD

P.S. Due to a slight difference between the English and Russian versions of Black Shark, the BSVP gauge lights in the previously posted combined export.lua only work properly with the Russian version of the sim. If you're using the English version, then use this export.lua instead.

Last edited by DickDastardly; 11-08-2009 at 05:17 AM.
DickDastardly is offline   Reply With Quote