Wish list for HOG

GazAce

You'll never see the 65E on the A-10, the Air Force never added it to their inventory, and I bet the on-board computer for Suite 3 doesn't have the symbology for it.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

You'll never see the 65E on the A-10, the Air Force never added it to their inventory, and I bet the on-board computer for Suite 3 doesn't have the symbology for it.

The AF has been using a laser varient operationally for a decent number of years now.

It was fairly well known that the version of the A-10 developed for the military side of the house had the capability in it. That is the same way some modders figured out how to modify the LUA to enable it again but ED hard coded it out.

Yea, but that's the 65L the Air Force uses (basically the 65A/B Guidance Control System converted to seek Laser, and the 65G's Center Aft Section), and even then, the Air Force is currently on Suite 8, we're on Suite 3 (c. 2006 when the C upgrades started happening). E2 and L Mavericks didn't complete developmental testing until 2011 I believe.

It's kind of the same scenario as the 65G on the Hornet. It's capable of loading it on the Legacy Bug, but the Navy never acquired it in their inventory, so it doesn't make sense for it to be available in the scope of the simulation.

But, back on the original topic, I believe the cockpit is getting a PBR overhaul next year along with the Ka-50. The new FLIR rendering system should work across all modules.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Yea, but that's the 65L the Air Force uses (basically the 65A/B Guidance Control System converted to seek Laser, and the 65G's Center Aft Section), and even then, the Air Force is currently on Suite 8, we're on Suite 3 (c. 2006 when the C upgrades started happening). E2 and L Mavericks didn't complete developmental testing until 2011 I believe.

It's kind of the same scenario as the 65G on the Hornet. It's capable of loading it on the Legacy Bug, but the Navy never acquired it in their inventory, so it doesn't make sense for it to be available in the scope of the simulation.

But, back on the original topic, I believe the cockpit is getting a PBR overhaul next year along with the Ka-50. The new FLIR rendering system should work across all modules.

Nope. Initially, the Hawg had the 65E capability, but it was removed because the DoD or ANG (can't remember which one) requested ED to remove the AGM-65E from the DCS: A-10C.

Just one wishlist for me:

- updated cockpit graphics

- new 2.5 related bugs solved

As soon as possible better than later.

Today we have the paradoxal situation of having newer graphics and features in early access / unfinished modules besides old graphics and new bugs in oldest, so called "released" modules, with the result that there's no module at all that could be defined fully "finished".

With the last update something is changing for ww2 planes, but it is still not enough.

A-10c and Ka-50 need some love now.

Sorry to derail this, but as a side note, does anyone know what “iffcc only” implies? I saw it at our airshow. I have some theories, but always been curious.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png