RWR test

LaLa

I'm a noobie, and just built a new cockpit with Helios... so fun.

Anyway my new cockpit has a RWR and I wanted to test it, sure easy just fly over a SAM... wrong! I built a mission (starting in the air) placed a S6 2S6 “Tunguska” there, but it shot me down (they were not asleep) and had no in detection other than the red missile launch light. What no radar?

Same experience in the Quick Mission: East Georgia Spring Easy, at the bridge.

RWR is ON

MWS is Active

The 3D cockpit gauge is dark not lit......

Seems such a simple task, wazzup

The 2K22 Tunguska has an optical tracking system in addition to its radars which means that it can track you while remaining undetected.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

RWR test

Try an Osa (SA-8 ) or a Tor (SA-15.)

Both are self contained systems with built in RADARS that will illuminate you from a a good way away.

Go into Advanced Waypoint Options -》 set option -》 alarm state : red and they'll leave their RADAR on all the time for easier testing.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, still no luck, I get shot down. Must be something basic, like game play options or something.

See my mission I created with Osa (SA-8 ) or a Tor (SA-15.) set to ALERT = RED, but I still only get missile launch. My jammer says off (near RWR) but at the CMS panel it IS turned on (middle position) RWR says on too, maybe not really ON, since Jammer switch in ON position but displays OFF on display by RWR, the surely the jammer wouldnt effect the detection and RWR display.

testRWR.miz

Edited by LaLa

LaLa, don't know what to suggest but within a couple of seconds I've got 06, 15 and SD warnings. Can't think why you're getting nothing.

Out of curiosity, do you have any other modules? Try different aircraft and see if it's an A10-C specific problem.

Edited by John C Flett

LaLa, don't know what to suggest but within a couple of seconds I've got 06, 15 and SD warnings. Can't think why you're getting nothing.

Out of curiosity, do you have any other modules? Try different aircraft and see if it's an A10-C specific problem.

Thanks John, that got it!! I tried a different monitor configuration file without RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 1000;

y = 1245;

width = 170;

height = 170; }

Bingo lit up right away! Must be incompatibility with system name RWR_SCREEN!

Thanks for the feedback, I didnt expect that secondary monitor export to corrupt the primary monitor 3D cockpit, but it did!

I barely understand what you said but I'm glad you've solved it. Enjoy flying with your Helios.

Thanks so much! After your comment regarding modules, I just modified my MonitorSetup.lua and AN_ALR69V_init.lua as per [FSF]Ian and now everything in my Helios 2nd monitor cockpit works perfectly.

• Engine
  • Gauges
  • Airport Charts
  • Left Console
  • Right Console
  • Radios
  • Landing Displays
  • RWR
  • CDU
  • UFC
  • TISL
  • NAV Mode