How to safe Office Chair from rolling away?

Griffon26

Ok thats a really curious question but how do you safe your Office Chair from rolling Away - if you do?

I have the problem that I need a moveable chair but if im going to play DCS and step onto my pedals my chair is going to roll away because of the force. What have you done to solve the problem?

Pictures welcome ;)

Regards

Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

With my rudder pedals i need to block the chair too, so what i usually do :

just turn 3 wheels from 4, in a 90° angle so you won't go back anymore.

( it'a routine like adjust your harness or plug your eject seat ;-)

:megalol::D

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

With my rudder pedals i need to block the chair too, so what i usually do :

just turn 3 wheels from 4, in a 90° angle so you won't go back anymore.

( it'a routine like adjust your harness or plug your eject seat ;-)

:megalol::D

haha :D

actually I tried that too but my chair has 5 wheels and one will turn around and get me into an pretty non comfortable position. :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I solved it like that:

Behind my chair there isn't much space left to the wall (my gaming PC is in a very small room), so I took a wooden board and put it on the ground so it touches the wall and when I move backwards the wheels of my chair touch the board. So I can't go back further.

That's it. Might not be applicable everywhere though.

I would have to see if I still have a picture, but my five-wheel chair worked fine sitting on a very thick pile shag carpet runner. The chair just barely fit, width wise, and had to be rotated just so but it worked like a champ.

EDIT: Not the best angle but it gives you the idea, maybe.

pedals.jpg

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I use cheap rubber wedges, meant to hold doors from slamming:

Chair%20wedge%202.jpg?dl=1 Chair%20wedge%203.jpg?dl=1

Got them in a home utensils shop.

On my previous chair they fit in between the wheels, for this chair I cut them slimmer so that they fit.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I use self locking casters that lock when weight is put on them, ie sitting down. they roll freely when I stand and move the chair around. Don't know where to buy or how much as I swapped them out from a work chair.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

There already some really nice ideas!

Going to look for the things you mentioned and gonna try them out ;)

Regards

Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're all under-engineering this.

Clearly you need to fashion some sort of lever controlled parking brake assembly for your chairs. It's the only sensible solution for serious simmers :P

Very valid point.

That's why I replaced the chair with a Volair Sim pit. :D

I use a rubber kitchen drawer liner under my pedals to keep them from slipping, then replaced the wheels on my chair with regular feet.

Simming is much more relaxing now that I don't have to worry about my chair or pedals moving around. :)

I remove all wheels from my office chair, block the holes with tape to avoid collecting dust, then put a rough door mat large enough sized to chair underneath. You could also use the bath tub mat (the one with suction cups or little projections). Anything to form friction with underside.

Another option would be to drill holes to the desk, use velcro to strap both arms to the desk, with plastic buckles.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I work on my six pack holding myself into position with body contortions and tensing on the hotas. Glad I found this thread I am sure my rudder inputs will become much smoother:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there is a video out there of a really simple/ingenious way to address this issue. I did it and it works great. Basically all u need is a piece of panel board, some duct table and a keyhole or jigsaw. Basically cut a small rectangular hole in the board for where the front chair caster wheel will sit. Measure for your comfortable leg length to the pedals while sitting in chair. Once u have the hole cut, duct tape the pedals to the board. That is it!

Simply roll the chair onto the board fitting the front wheel into the little hole cut and your chair will not move while pushing pedals. Works great, as I use it with my pedals and very simple to set up!

found video:

~S~

wind

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is what I did. Simply removed the metal pins from the wheels and drilled holes the same size in some spare bits of maple that I had and routed top and bottom, et voila, works a treat

image.thumb.jpeg.1777f745a4b598387d1d55ed6e2ac804.jpeg

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |