The Ulitimate Simulator accessory...

Wolf Rider

The Ulitimate Simulator...

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

can do the sudden stop of a lawn dart and carrier catapult/ catch wire whiplash though ;)

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

or you can invest in one of those million dollars Boeing simulators.... But that needs a good lottery win!! After taxes deductible of course..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Can't even do a barrel roll!

The interesting part is, it doesn't have to perform a barrel roll to "simulate" a barrel roll... As most full motion professional flight simulators can't.

The interesting part is the 1.5 G acceleration! Which is pretty unique, as most affordable full motion simulators can't really "simulate" acceleration.

A pretty cool and seemingly cost effective (easy maintenance) system!

Nothing to build in your private hangar in the basement, though. :music_whistling:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

well... but 1,5G isn't enough to simulate a fighter/attack aircraft. Instead, this sim CAN do barrel rolls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT18nJhXgaY

Unfortunately, it seems it can't yaw

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

well... but 1,5G isn't enough to simulate a fighter/attack aircraft. Instead, this sim CAN do barrel rolls:

that cant do a barrel roll, that can do only a simple "inverted flight"

because

there is no -1G while do a barrel roll

for a perfect motion/flight sim you must invent and use a gravity/anti-gravity device ;)

sign-pic4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT18nJhXgaY

The difference is replicate vs. simulate...

To "trick" the mind into feeling like maneuvering in a real aircraft you don't need a 100% replication of the real forces (which is pretty much impossible in a simulator today).

But a 1.5 G acceleration in addition to the "standard" 30° tilt will do a very good job in tricking your mind that you are in fact accelerating.

A bad example is the boxed i-max thingy you know from fun fairs. They can give you a quite impressive ride if you try to immerse yourself and focus on the screen and feel the show... Yet, it is a poor comparison to a full motion flight simulator, and this new thingy is a real step up!

EDIT: and 7rooper is right. The gyroscope in the video is just putting your body in the same position your plane is in the flightsim. Unfortunately that is totally different from what forces actually affect your body! Simplest example would be a looping. Even at the top at total inversion you would feel your ass pulled to the bottom of the chair depending on speed and parameters. When diving out of the loop, you feel acceleration on your chest not hanging in the belts... This system could simulate a lot of these forces, though if implemented right, especially with a VR Glass like Oculus or Vive.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hmmm... maybe there's some way of putting both together? :) and an awfully big man-cave to go with it

-

And veeery well paid job, to buy that equipment, in the first place. :D

Shagrat

This with VR! (and some good mattresses)

bxbjZiKAZP4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least