Only X more Sleeps!

Menessis

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this month. But something in the tone Wags was speaking makes me think we wont make september....

Time will tell i guess and i hope im wrong :joystick:

I have the same feeling.And ED's Sept 27th video make me more nervous........That video is a good platform to tell us the delay......Oh,Please tell me I'm wrong!

I have the same feeling.And ED's Sept 27th video make me more nervous........That video is a good platform to tell us the delay......Oh,Please tell me I'm wrong!

Yeah, I think you might be right. However they did say that if they had more news than usual they'd stray from the biweekly schedule. So it could be good news. I really hope it's good news as I'm beginning to get tired with the engine upgrade always being delayed.

I know ED are working extremely hard on the engine update and I honestly appreciate their dedication and hard work but It's starting to get hard to be excited when you know it's just going to get delayed again. I want to trust you ED when you announce a date for EDGE but you never deliver on it, so I'm just going to have to be the pessimist again and think it's coming sometime this year. Please let me be wrong ED for once! Also, I think that this thread should have been created within the chit chat section of the forum. Hopefully it doesn't get closed and only moved.

Edited by Rykane

As so much speculations going on here, i wanted to say that my speculation ist that the idea with 1.5 and 2.0 to be seperated came up pretty late (nothing wrong with that though)

I think they wanted to get 2.0 out until someone said "why not making a 1.5 release instead"? just my spectulations and i hope we get it this month so it doesn't really matter, but nonetheless.

Edited by amigastar

• ED Team
Well 1.5 is supposed to come out in September. If they stay true to their word. I wouldn't bet my life on that lol. Anyone remember how it was supposed to come out last Christmas?

If they stay true to their word??? You make it sound like they are liars if it comes out Oct 1 or later, silly silly... the late September is and always was a best estimate, the goal is to get it out as soon as possible, not by an exact date.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yeah, I think you might be right. However they did say that if they had more news than usual they'd stray from the biweekly schedule. So it could be good news. I really hope it's good news as I'm beginning to get tired with the engine upgrade always being delayed.

I know ED are working extremely hard on the engine update and I honestly appreciate their dedication and hard work but It's starting to get hard to be excited when you know it's just going to get delayed again. I want to trust you ED when you announce a date for EDGE but you never deliver on it, so I'm just going to have to be the pessimist again and think it's coming sometime this year. Please let me be wrong ED for once! Also, I think that this thread should have been created within the chit chat section of the forum. Hopefully it doesn't get closed and only moved.

They are only estimated release dates but I did think they had stopped giving these out to save any disappointment.

I believe Wags stated in the videos that they "Hoped" to release 1.5 in September. Never was there a concrete statement that it would definitely drop in Sept. If it does, that will be great. But if not, it can't be too much longer. You know they want the L-39 released. So they are working hard to get it all done.

Interesting how we get from there to here.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• ED Team
I think people might be a bit disappointed if DCS isn't released this month because they've had estimates before and have waited many months after that. Normally estimates are pretty close and I think this is why people get disappointed.

You've never had a pre-purchase (2 in this case) riding on these releases. Dont think that ED doesnt appreciate that...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You've never had a pre-purchase (2 in this case) riding on these releases. Dont think that ED doesnt appreciate that...

I know, it must be a lot of pressure to get this out. I'm not someone who minds waiting though. I think they might of been better just announcing it when it was ready for release though. Still might be ready fingers crossed!

If it has the odd bug or two.. whatever...

It's a beta for a reason. A release with a list of known "features" would be better than waiting another month in my opinion.

Like many people here I've been waiting for this release since it was announced. I was super hyped this time last year as I thought "By New Year I'll be on EDGE".

I've know these guys want to push out high quality products - but people need to remember a beta is a beta. It doesn't matter if it's a little bit broken - especially if they know about it!

That's my 2 cents... I have pre-ordered the L39 and desperate to get into it...

Stay optimistic folks. This is what they are advertising after all...

picture.php?albumid=1007&pictureid=7256

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Now, again, why does that have 'box' art that indicates "...for DCS World" instead of "DCS:...", since the FM is supposed to be the determining factor and it advertises a PFM?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Now, again, why does that have 'box' art that indicates "...for DCS World" instead of "DCS:...", since the FM is supposed to be the determining factor and it advertises a PFM?

This is indeed curious. Will inquire...

Edit: Matt says it is an error.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Stay optimistic folks. This is what they are advertising after all...

picture.php?albumid=1007&pictureid=7256

This exactly. This is why everyone is on edge (sorry for the pun) and waiting for the release. It's not just an estimated release, they have been selling pre-orders for the L39 and a lot of people will be dissapointed if they miss something like this. (In the past estimates were not linked to any sales so they were just that estimates, this carries more weight)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

If it has the odd bug or two.. whatever...

It's a beta for a reason. A release with a list of known "features" would be better than waiting another month in my opinion.

Like many people here I've been waiting for this release since it was announced. I was super hyped this time last year as I thought "By New Year I'll be on EDGE".

I've know these guys want to push out high quality products - but people need to remember a beta is a beta. It doesn't matter if it's a little bit broken - especially if they know about it!

That's my 2 cents... I have pre-ordered the L39 and desperate to get into it...

Well it would matter if it is a stability issue. Imagine the gnashing of teeth with constant crashes. I would rather wait if that were the case.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Well it would matter if it is a stability issue. Imagine the gnashing of teeth with constant crashes. I would rather wait if that were the case.

That is why a test version exists, released as a test version first. (Open beta DCS client) and the release version (release version DCS client).

As long as you have bugs and problems you keep the version in a "Beta" and you don't release it to the general public. I mean this is exactly why the open beta DCS client exists, completely seperately from the release client. It's the reason why I have two clients of DCS installed on my machine.

You can always wait for the release version, there is nothing forcing you to install the open beta client.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Stay optimistic folks.

Well of course we try to stay optimistic and still hope for September release but one can't help oneself to wonder when the statements in the Q&A videos went from "despite the snarky comments we are well on track for September release" to "we still hope to release in September" in the last video. Such statement just a few days before planned release raises an eyebrow. Frankly I was expecting more concrete statement considering the fact that we are literally just a few days to end of September.

PS: To add to the bugs discussion - it seems to be working well enough on the recent Russian streams.

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S