40$ back and the Mustang? Please need info.

Stratos

This is your reward description. The Mustang will be available to you when the game (DCS WWII) is released approx 9-2014 (the way I understand it).

Pledge $40 or more

905 backers

Everything at the $10 level, plus a digital copy of all flyable aircraft in the game (this will grow with the stretch goals and possibly end up offering a huge value!)

Estimated delivery: Sep 2014

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Take a look at the table at the end of the kickstarter page (Rewards section). Nevermind the listing on the side. After the matrix tiers were added it got really complicated.

$40 gets you all flyables in DCS WW II, Beta access and a backer medal. The DCS: World Mustang (what you can buy now) would be an extra, which you only get with $60 or more.

So you will be able to fly the Mustang after DCS WW II is released (and in its beta). If you don't want to wait until then and want to fly the Mustang in the current modern setting of DCS World, you will need to by it.

Edit: it is currently oin sale for $15. I bought it last week.

P51 and future FW190 will need dual licensing for DCS World and DCS 1944, due to some ED-RRG agreements.

So, the 40$ backing will give you both airplanes playable only in DCS 1944. If you want to use them in DCS World you need to buy them separately. These two planes are the exceptions, rest of airplanes like P47 Me256 etc, cand be played on both worlds with no other restriction.

Shortly, if you want to play Mustang now just hurry up an buy it as it still is on sales right now

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

P51 and future FW190 will need dual licensing for DCS World and DCS 1944, due to some ED-RRG agreements.

So, the 40$ backing will give you both airplanes playable only in DCS 1944. If you want to use them in DCS World you need to buy them separately. These two planes are the exceptions, rest of airplanes like P47 Me256 etc, cand be played on both worlds with no other restriction.

Shortly, if you want to play Mustang now just hurry up an buy it as it still is on sales right now

I think your information might be wrong here...read this question:

and this answer post 61 from llya:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1893421#post1893421

Edited by GT 5.0

Yes, it will be possible to play those two in both worlds, with the appropriate licensing options.

-40$ pledge - DCS 1944 only

-60$ pledge or more - both worlds Mustang. I am not aware about Dora.

The initiator of this thread state he pledged 40$.

He was very clear to us with that reply...do you have a link for us to read for your contradiction ?

He was very clear to us with that reply...do you have a link for us to read for your contradiction ?
Right. The difference is that with the $40 pledge you have to wait until 1944 is available. With the $60 pledge you get the FW190 as soon as it is available, which may be before 1944 is available. It is basically early access.

I have not seen any official statements mentioning dual licensing, nor contradicting the statement linked by GT 5.0.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the kickstarter page are stated the followings:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944

Pledge $40 or more

Everything at the $10 level, plus a digital copy of all flyable aircraft in the game (this will grow with the stretch goals and possibly end up offering a huge value!)

Pledge $60 or more

13 backers

MATRIX Tier 1. Everything at the $10 level, plus a digital copy of all flyable aircraft in the initial release, plus ONE extra (with the exception of the DCS World FW.190D-9).

Flyable Aircraft:

• Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt;
  • Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX;
  • Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4;
  • Focke-Wulf FW.190D-9 (from DCS: World);
  • North-American P-51D Mustang (from DCS: World).

It has been discussed in past and I don't remember exactly where was written (there are lot of pages of discussions), but this statement remains for me very clear.

That "plus ONE extra" at 60$ pledged has been referred to the DCS World Mustang or any other plane which will be sold as separate module after 1944 will go live, excepting DCSW Dora.

PS: the dual worlds licensing will apply only to Mustang and Dora. All other modules will be possible to be used in both worlds.

Edited by Abburo

@60...I think what he is referring to is a extra key that you could gift to someone.

40@...all five aircraft upon release of the game, for use in both worlds.

I'll keep my eye open for the contradiction that you stated. If I see it I will post it, but as Vincent said, I don't recall one like that either.

Edited by GT 5.0

Yes, there were a lot of debates at that time until things goes more clear. Since then I remember people posting that they already received by email the DCSW: P51 keys one week after kickstarter has been closed. Those who were eligible of course.

In my case I backed 40$ just because I had already owned the Mustang, otherwise I have had going to 60$ pledge too.

@mwd2: there were very many confusions, so I think is not very fairplay to call that as a bit stupid.

Edited by Abburo

Why did you pay for something, but have no idea what you will get? Is it not a bit stupid?

Very rough answer mate, english is not my main language and the explanations are not really good on that kickstarter page, so don't call other people stupid, bad rep for you.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

@Stratos, just go buy now DCSW: P51 - if you want to play it in DCSW too.

If I will go wrong with my statements, I will owe you a pack of beers and an DCSW module key ;)

Just got it. I will be happy with a skin for it lol

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

@Stratos & @Abburo

do you think it is a strong word? Why? If you don`t like it, let change stupid to crazy!

During the Kickstarter campaign (in comments section and also in here in the forum), luthier explain, what you will get for your money. Yes it not the best Kickstarter campaign in the last year (from the information site) - and there was many open question about how many aircraft you will get for what money. But for Luthier, english was not his first language, too.

But at the end of the campaign - enough pictures, words and comments were posted, that everyone could see what you "will get" end of 2014.

Sample: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/978/213/4bd7c918076ef460c7739ca751bfdc94_large.jpg?1380743371

So as an intelligent human being, why do you have problem to find this:

Pledge $40 or more

905 backers

Estimated delivery: Sep 2014

But again, you both have give money to someone, but don`t know if and what you will get! I would call this crazy or stupid.

• Like 1

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Right, blame the customer.

Fact is that Ilya hasn't taken the time to show up here on this forum since 11/01/2013. Others and I have not received P51 keys that were promised for October. Emails, PMs, Kickstarter and this forum's posts left unanswered.

He better come up with a damn good product to justify such sloppiness towards his supporters (although if I remember right, the companies coming up with the best products are usually also the best at customer service…).

MAC

Yes, there were a lot of debates at that time until things goes more clear. Since then I remember people posting that they already received by email the DCSW: P51 keys one week after kickstarter has been closed. Those who were eligible of course.

In my case I backed 40$ just because I had already owned the Mustang, otherwise I have had going to 60$ pledge too.

@mwd2: there were very many confusions, so I think is not very fairplay to call that as a bit stupid.

why did you not choose the 30. level then, was it just to add additional support to the project ?

Edited by GT 5.0

But again, you both have give money to someone, but don`t know if and what you will get! I would call this crazy or stupid.

So by your logic... I should be able to attend the weekly Skype development meetings starting September 2014 (potentially AFTER DCS:WWII is released) This is great news for me and the others at the $1000 tier.

To say things haven't been confusing makes YOU sound a bit "crazy":doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Why did you pay for something, but have no idea what you will get? Is it not a bit stupid?

Stratos kindly asked a simple question that you could easily answer with a simple yes or no, or if you spared a little more time you could just inform him that a 40$ pledge will give him all flyables from DCS ww2 when the game is released and in order to have a dcs world key for the mustang he needed to pledge 60$ or more.

You choose not to answer to the OPs question, which is ok as soon as you dnt post at all.

But you choose to be a ''the perfect tutor'' by questioning others dids and try to be ''someone'' by calling others stupid...

Well if anyone calls you a pathetic arrogant, i will not blame him... you asked for it.

Bad rep from me as well and sorry for cluttering the thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

...but why did he ask this question not before Oct 5th.? (this was the end of the kickstarter campaign)....he ask it 3 month after he had give money for it and "got nothing back"!

The keys for the P-51s were send out in oct., too - just after the end of kickstarter.

But if you find it arrogant from me, that you are not interesting in your founding project, i am sorry and will stop to comment in this thread!

• Like 1

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

$200 in, no P-51 keys, no response from the devs, nadda, mutter mutter :(

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro