** DCS AJS-37 Development Update + Manual RC1 Release **

Cobra847

There will be at least another version, because the Heatblur team intends to complete some missing sections (Cobra mentioned the Rb-15 section, for instance).

Also, I keep finding typos in the manual. I should be able to do a full run before the end of the year.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I find in general the weapon employment section quite confusing. I think they should rewrite it with practical examples. Maybe the community could contribute? I can for sure

I've found them to be quite useful, but I and others have also produced YouTube tutorials as well explaining most of this stuff. The Chucks guide is also useful.

Can you be more specific about whats confusing?

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

I find in general the weapon employment section quite confusing. I think they should rewrite it with practical examples. Maybe the community could contribute? I can for sure

Can you point out one of the confusing procedures you're talking about? In my memories, the attack procedures were rather precise, with example pictures and all.

I'm not entirely sure about the lack of practical examples, but here are the tiny bits that may be confusing and could be improved (it's all subjective of course):

I would merge the Weapons Overview with the Weapons Employment chapters, so the user doesn't have to jump to different parts of the manual. Especially since there are other unrelated chapters in-between. I understand one part is presentation, and the other about procedures, but still, it's interesting to know the procedure and the range, or the intended use for a missile.

The difference between the weapon variants could be explained: RB-75/RB-75B/RB-75T, or RB-24/RB-24J, and so on. There are weapons "for AI", too(?). Some sections are perhaps a bit succint, like the RB-24, or the KB and ECM pods (though those last two are presented two times in two different chapters...).

Some parts are (I suppose) WIP, or forgotten, like for instance with the RB75: the manual mentions an "EP 13" vertical left panel. Perhaps I missed the way to equip the plane with it, but it is not there when I mount those weapons. If there is a procedure to do that, a link to it could be made near the checklist or in the overview.

The bookmarks don't always jump to the correct page of the item.

What is nice: the consistency of information and presentation across the different weapons, including a little checklist for employment. As a reference, this makes it easy to quickly find the information (except the chapter division mentioned earlier).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Some parts are (I suppose) WIP, or forgotten, like for instance with the RB75: the manual mentions an "EP 13" vertical left panel. Perhaps I missed the way to equip the plane with it, but it is not there when I mount those weapons. If there is a procedure to do that, a link to it could be made near the checklist or in the overview.

I agree about the weapons section. It would be easier to read if those were merged. But "Viggen" and "easy" doesn't rhyme together, do they? :smilewink:

The EP-13 is always onboard. It's the small goggle on the top right part of the cockpit. To activate it, you simply have to put the trigger to UNSAFE mode (you also need to select the ATTACK position of the weapon selector).

Figure 187 (page 275) shows the EP-13 as "2" (see legend in page 276).

I agree about the weapons section. It would be easier to read if those were merged. But "Viggen" and "easy" doesn't rhyme together, do they? :smilewink:

The EP-13 is always onboard. It's the small goggle on the top right part of the cockpit. To activate it, you simply have to put the trigger to UNSAFE mode (you also need to select the ATTACK position of the weapon selector).

Figure 187 (page 275) shows the EP-13 as "2" (see legend in page 276).

I actually meant the control for this goggle, indicated as "12" on the same page. Perhaps I just missed it but when I tried a mission I couldn't find it anywhere.

No, the Viggen isn't easy, probably mainly because it's not alike any other module we had. It's always interesting to see new patterns :)

I'm just factual in my descriptions/reports, but I do enjoy this beast.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I actually meant the control for this goggle, indicated as "12" on the same page. Perhaps I just missed it but when I tried a mission I couldn't find it anywhere.

No, the Viggen isn't easy, probably mainly because it's not alike any other module we had. It's always interesting to see new patterns :)

I'm just factual in my descriptions/reports, but I do enjoy this beast.

That is the contrast/brightness control for the EP-13 and it hasn't been implemented yet.

It has been long promised by Cobra, but nothing yet.

For the moment, you can use keyboard commands or bind to your HOTAS for these controls.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

That is the contrast/brightness control for the EP-13 and it hasn't been implemented yet.

For the moment, you can use keyboard commands or bind to your HOTAS for these controls.

Works a hoot!

So glad to have those controls bind-able. Saves the eyes you know.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

@Heatblur: Hi, here's a full review containing over 800 annotations on the RC1 version of the Viggen manual.

It also includes all pre-release version reported issues that weren't fixed in the RC1 version (at least all those that I could find in the forum).

The yellow lines address punctuation, fonts, and lower/upper case issues.

Good reading! ;)

@Heatblur: Hi, here's a full review containing over 800 annotations on the RC1 version of the Viggen manual.

It also includes all pre-release version reported issues that weren't fixed in the RC1 version (at least all those that I could find in the forum).

Good reading! ;)

You beat me to it...

---

Good reading! ;)

Impressive!

Good to know, thanks!

Yes, like the RAT, the status on what has been implemented or not is not always easy to find, though I understand those items are probably not at the top of the priority list.

Which specific lines do you bind? I have my A1 A2 and A0 bound (tried both the toggle and the switch lines) but none seem to do anything in the EP13.

---

Which specific lines do you bind? I have my A1 A2 and A0 bound (tried both the toggle and the switch lines) but none seem to do anything in the EP13.
EDIT:

Disregard! I just simply don't understand how things work. I should shut up...

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

Page 321: Descriptions from left to right (VÄ and HÖ) are both referred to as left.

Correct would be: VÄ left and HÖ right.

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 64 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

• 6 months later...

Hi folks,

I am often on duty, and don't have my equipment with me.

Can somebody post a direkt link to the RC2 please (like it was done in the first post with RC1).

Thanks mucho,

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Flappie!

page 103: « The reference poles disappear when the set » should be replaced with « The reference bar disappears when the reference altitude is set »

In the Excel Sheet this is marked as DONE for RC2, in my RC2 manual it is still there.

Kind regards

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1