Question about skins for MiG-29

Weegie

As I understand it (& even that could be wrong) the MiG-29G is a downgraded MiG-29A, I think for export.

There are separate folders for Liveries for all 3 versions & the only flyable choices are either the 29A or 29C. In fact the 29G isn't listed in the available aircraft at all, either flyable or AI

The question I have is can the 29G skins be used for the 29A, or are the templates different?

When the 29A is selected you don't see the 29G skins and when I tried putting a 29G skin in the 29A folder it did show on the list of available skins but wouldn't load in the preview window

What am I missing here?

Edited by Weegie
Spacing

I can use my MiG-29G liveries, but my MiG must be assigned to Germany.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ahhhh Thank you Rudel chw

Now I understand and it all becomes clear

:) you are welcome .. these are the liveries I use for the G:

n2sO08r.jpg

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I have quite a few of these but I noticed when I found out how to select the "G" that none of my skins are working with the exception of the Test Scheme

Probably something to do with all the changes to the lighting going on & the lua's need updating (about which I know the basics but that's about it)

I'll check through that list it's useful you have the skin maker's name there so it should be easy to search for any I don't have

Thanks for that too a little bonus for me

I have quite a few of these but I noticed when I found out how to select the "G" that none of my skins are working with the exception of the Test Scheme

Probably something to do with all the changes to the lighting going on & the lua's need updating (about which I know the basics but that's about it)

Dont believe that would be the cause, as they work well on my machine:

Il3fwbw.jpg

I'll check through that list it's useful you have the skin maker's name there so it should be easy to search for any I don't have

:) ... yes, at first I did as a way to credit the authors, but then added the Country abreviation at the start and then started to be really useful on the Mission Editor as the skins were now ordered by country, like this:

ATXLnEo.jpg

pity that when giving missions away, they may have the skin installed on their PCs but it will not work on my mission as they have a different name .. :(

.. I'd love for ED to suggest a standard naming for skins, what worked when there were a few skins, doesnt work anymore when you can have literally dozens of skins for each plane.

Cheers.

Ok Thank's Rudel I'll have another look to see if I can figure out why mine aren't working

Looks like CHSubZero has pulled some of his skins could not find them in the downloads but I've yet to check the skins section on the forum

Edited by Weegie
More Info