Tarawa takeoff

joojoo

Start with not weapons until it becomes easy and gradually add weight.

Creating a mission in winter months with cold tempt will help

Once ready, all system check and good, set the nozzles to 25°, set nozzle stop to 60°. Flaps to VTOL, water switch to TO.

Set throttle to maximum RPM (all the way forward), just before reaching the end of the deck, set nozzle to stop (60° previously set) and slowly transition to jetborn flight. Raise landing gear, slowly raising nozzle as you get more speed, at ~160 knots flap to auto. Once airborne lower RPM below 103% and water switch to off.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sounds like you're not putting your flaps into STOL Mode.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• Flaps into STOL mode.
  • Water switch in TO position.
  • Nozzle stop lever to 60º.
  • Nozzles to 0º
  • Trim to -2º
  • Brakes on, accelerate to 100 % RPM
  • Release brakes and stay on the centerline.
  • When you reach the end of the deck, adjust the nozzles to 60 and very gently adjust the plane pitch to keep flying straight.
  • Gear up, move nozzles slowly from 60 to 0 keeping the flying vector just above the horizon.
  • Once you are over 200 knots set the flaps to auto and nozzles to 0º
  • You are flying!

Oh I forgot, once you are flying, move the water switch to off. You will need the rest of the water to land.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]