Very simple Nadir question but...

TomCatMucDe

I think i m quite ok with the Nadir so far. I can navigate, create waypoints, copy and so on.

However, I am stuck with a very simple question. How to navigate back to the base? The waypoint 0 is not stored. And if you take the example of the campaign missions, the final waypoints are not the base.

Thanks!

As I understood the NADIR there is no WP0.

The waypoint range is from WP1 to WP9. So let's say you have assigned 3 waypoints via the ME, WP4 to WP9 will be Homeplate.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

As I understood the NADIR there is no WP0.

The waypoint range is from WP1 to WP9. So let's say you have assigned 3 waypoints via the ME, WP4 to WP9 will be Homeplate.

This is correct. Unused waypoints are your start location.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

This is pretty much what I do when I start at a FARP. I just program waypoint 9 with the FARP's location and get going.

You can use the freeze button while in pp mode, and then go to but mode and press the number you want to store the waypoints in, and just press enter. Check out the nadir manual for a more detailed procedure.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

This is pretty much what I do when I start at a FARP. I just program waypoint 9 with the FARP's location and get going.

Like some mentionned here. That's not needed. Unused waypoints are programmed with the homebase coordinates. Waypoint 9 will have already the coordinates you wanted to copy.

Like some mentionned here. That's not needed. Unused waypoints are programmed with the homebase coordinates. Waypoint 9 will have already the coordinates you wanted to copy.

Only trouble is if your flight plan consists of 9 waypoints there won't be any left that contain your startup coordinates.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Most Farps also have a radio beacon you can home in on in that case. But I like the Nadir better.

Yeah but not in the campaign :/ London FARP doesn't have one. Paris is close to an Airbase so it's covered but still not that close.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I started the campaign, I know NADIR nav (creating, editing, using ect) but...... hmmm.... how to set up wayoint with 2 digits on NADIR display (in the first mission I have 15, or 16 wyapionts!)?

*Waypoints preload is "on".

SA342Gazelle_54_zpsnpr3uda3.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

So? Is it possible?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 years later...

yes i am playin the campaign and have the same question?

how to select an waypoint with to digits... it's strange to have only 9 waypoints

OZOMASTER

A10C||F-14C||F-16C||F/A-18C||AV-8B||ASJ37||M-2000C||MIG15||MIG19||MIG21||F5-E||F86||FC3||P51D||Fw190||Fw190 A8||Bf109 D9||Spitfire||UH-1H||Mi8||GAZELLE||BShark2||CA||YAK52||CEagle2||L39||C101||i16||Supercarrier||

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINDOWS10 HOME ||asus GTX 1080|| 3440x1440 34' ||sixcore i7-3930k 3.2GHz || asus sabertooth x79 || 32GbRAM 2133Mhz || TM warthog || saitek cessna pedals || trackIR 5

yes i am playin the campaign and have the same question?

how to select an waypoint with two digits...

The NADIR has only 9 waypoints (no need for extra digits), you'll want to plan/update your own as you fly the campaign and/or make waypoints dual use for both ingress/egress.

The first 9 DCS waypoints will be preloaded into the NADIR from the mission file but they may not be the best for the mission.

... it's strange to have only 9 waypoints

AFAIK it's a limitation of the real device.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The navigation system commonly used for trans-Atlantic flights before the dawn of the civilian GPS also had only 9 waypoints: https://rotate.aero/forum/ata-34-navigation-general/146-carousel-iv-a-ins-operators-manual . Maybe it's just common for the era? :)

It's quite a long time since I played the Gazelle campaign. If I remember correctly, most missions have less waypoints so I had no troubles using the NADIR. IRL there are two people in the helicopter so probably one would update them. In this mission (if I'm not mistaken) you are not given the coordinates in the briefing. You can get them from the map in the mission planner, write them down and update the NADIR during the flight - this is what I did. Or you can use the kneeboard map. There is even a function which marks your position, some folks consider it cheating, though.

Edited by emko