TV Lock Drifts Upwards

dresoccer4

hey all -

i'm having fun flying around shooting stuff with the HOT missiles. however i just noticed that when i locate a target and zoom in on it (auto-turn on or off doesn't matter), the TV camera slowly and consistently drifts upwards. anyone else notice this? or am i possibly missing something?

when auto-slave is off it drifts up pretty fast.

when auto-slave is on it drifts up more slowly.

it's making hitting targets pretty difficult since i have to keep slewing the camera down while the HOT missile is flying through the air. whats up with that?

thanks! :)

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

One quirk that applies to the targeting system of most modules is that the camera locks onto the terrain, not the unit itself, so if you point it at the unit it will lock onto the terrain behind it and thus get displaced as you move. The usual way to cope with that is to point the camera at the terrain just underneath/in front the unit.

But I'm guessing it's not that, since it sounds like you're firing from a static position.

Another reason might be that if you're using a second stick for camera slewing it is not 100% centered (or needs calibration), which you can test by adding a small deadzone.

• 1 month later...
One quirk that applies to the targeting system of most modules is that the camera locks onto the terrain, not the unit itself, so if you point it at the unit it will lock onto the terrain behind it and thus get displaced as you move. The usual way to cope with that is to point the camera at the terrain just underneath/in front the unit.

But I'm guessing it's not that, since it sounds like you're firing from a static position.

Another reason might be that if you're using a second stick for camera slewing it is not 100% centered (or needs calibration), which you can test by adding a small deadzone.

i have a similar issue with it when the camera moves past a certain point, if its point at the 90 it begins to have a weird response to controls

• 4 weeks later...
Remember to have the helicopter facing directly to the enemy, maybe that's why you are having strange response :)

no it's not that, because auto-slave is on. where the helicopter automatically turns to face to the locked target. however it just slowly drifts upward for no apparent reason. and much more noticeable when zoomed in

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

no it's not that, because auto-slave is on. where the helicopter automatically turns to face to the locked target. however it just slowly drifts upward for no apparent reason. and much more noticeable when zoomed in

Which control are you using to move the camera? keys, joystick? It seems you have a permanent upward input. I don't get this behavior

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Which control are you using to move the camera? keys, joystick? It seems you have a permanent upward input. I don't get this behavior

i use the arrow keys on my keyboard :badmood:

its weird i dont have this problem with any of the other aircraft that use the arrow keys to control TVs or TDCs, etc.

I'll try and get some screenshots to show what i mean

perhaps verify that you don't also have an axis assigned to copilot stick, in assign axis page

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16