F/A-18C Hornet and Persian Gulf Map Discounts

51GRIZZLY

Following the link to this offer on the DCS startup screen i end up in the E-shop "special offer" section.

There is a Helicopter bundle offer and some other offers, but no "F/A-18C Hornet and Persian Gulf Map Discounts" offer.

That said i already have the PG map but a 20$ discount on the F-18 would suit me well.

Am i doing something wrong here ?

Cheers

GRIZZ

The sale begins October 1st.

The F/A-18C is so worth it. It's still got issues here and there but even in its current state its the module I have the most fun with both AA and AG modes. Looking forward to some precision weapons though.

Im quite sure the that actually the sale ends at October 1st.

I've been flying the Hornet now for a couple months. There is nothing else like it. LGBs, Mavs, and the radar is still under construction, but my gosh, carrier ops is awesome. I'd stay away from the aerobatics servers to focus on quality time making carrier traps. And, I should warn you, in full simulator mode, the Hornet is a handful. It's based on the real thing... no, I can't say based... I'd say it just about IS the real thing. I had been making consistent traps for a couple weeks now, but always was down to 4,000 lbs fuel and one bag which made the Hornet light and responsive. This morning, I was practicing radar guided attacks and had a full load of 9's, 7's, and 120's with one full bag. I was quite overweight for a carrier trap but didn't care. I dropped the hook on the upwind, pulled 3.5 G's for the break, dirtied up, got the orange donut but needed about 150 kts just to keep at 600 ft above the water. I turned onto the base leg and almost fell out of the sky, managed to line up about 1 nmi out, called the ball, then headed for the water again. Hard on the trottle, I roared past the wires about 50 feet high. I tried again only to almost hit the fantail. Getting the waveoff, I extended out about 3 or 4 miles, jettisoned everything including dead-launching the remaining missiles out of frustration. Now, the plane was light and I trapped as I normally would.

The flight dynamics are that realistic. Flying from a land base, even in full simulator mode, is child's play but that carrier is, just as in real life, tough as can be. Yet, people do it! Just needs practice in all the conditions.

Would I get a Hornet if I didn't have one already? I'd pay three times what I did months ago. The plane is just that good.

Anyway, as you can tell, I love the aircraft.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

"Starting October 1st til October 21st"

:)

Well i got to this page clicking on the link in the DCS startup screen and if you read carefully you will notice the last line stating the discount will last until October 1st 2018,i got my 20$ discount right away when i bought the F-18 in the "special offers" section today. So i guess if you already have the PG map you can get your discount right, now one week in advance. :thumbup:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2018-09-21_F18-PG_Discount/

Cheers

GRIZZ

Well i got to this page clicking on the link in the DCS startup screen and if you read carefully you will notice the last line stating the discount will last until October 1st 2018,i got my 20$ discount right away when i bought the F-18 in the "special offers" section today. So i guess if you already have the PG map you can get your discount right, now one week in advance. :thumbup:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2018-09-21_F18-PG_Discount/

Cheers

GRIZZ

Very interesting! Thanks for clarifying... That is a little confusing at first then!

I hope you enjoy the new module. It's really great!