Harrier Chief Development Test Pilot John Farley RIP

Tinkickef

A friend of his just let me know. Passed away last night. We lost another good one.

We were trying to get him interested in DCS and maybe contributing something, but sadly he was too ill. He did show some interest in the youtube harrier videos though.

Don't know if Nick Grey knew him, but he might like to know.

John Farley, now soars like an Eagle. Condolences to his family and friends.

Bit about him.

https://dunsfoldairfield.org/john-farley-afc-obe/

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Sad loss to a legend in the UK aviation community.

Condolences to his family and friends.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

John Farley, I recall watching him explain the flight controls of the Harrier in documentaries - a great intro to what makes the Harrier unique - and moving the nozzles by hand from the outside.

Here he is climbing nose-up vertically at Farnborough, 1982;

8599851955_14086175d2_b.jpg

May your skies be forever CAVOK, fly in peace.

Edited by ouPhrontis

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64