2.5 Sea not moving from cockpit ...

Kula66

Thats very strange. After reading more post like yours i was testing that myself and always, at different altitudes, with some wind, im seeing the sea moving.

Always.

My setting is water on High and DS on

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Uhmm.

Thats very strange.

Could you try something? Try deleting the Fxo and metashaders folder inside users/saved gamers/DCS.

Also you can try deleting the options.lua file inside the config folder.( Doing this you must set again all your options in Game. Make a backup )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Thats very strange. Im sorry mate.

Im not seeing this. My sea is moving both inside and outside cockpit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In F1 view the sea doesn't 'move', ie. no rolling waves. If I press F2 or F9, the waves are moving and animated.

Have you got Water set to High in Settings?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Do you meant that water itself is not moving or that WHITE CAPS are not moving???...I ask you this because I already opened a thread about white caps "moving" or "evolving" too FAST...however, now in the new 2.5 version, I realized that WHITE CAPS behave different depending of if you are in an external or internal view...

I mean, when in an external view (F2 for instance), the white caps are way too fast, taking less than a second to disipate large foam formations which is obviously not fine...but when you entern in the cockpit, then the white caps have the correct pacing, they look like being "still" BUT if you look carefully to them, you will notice that they are actually moving (this is how they look in real life, at first they seem stopped but when you concentrate in a particular one it will evolve slowly)...

So, as I noticed this and you say that hte water seems to loss the "waves" I thought that maybe you are refering to this...if thats the case then, I can tell you that white caps look like that in real life but if you are refering to the actual WAVES not moving then Im not experiencing that issue from the cockpit nor outside.

Bye!!

Take a look at my MODS here

• ED Team

Can you attach a screenshot or video showing an example.

Also is there any wind in the mission?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It looks realistic (IMHO) from F2 view, but in F1 view the whitecaps do appear/disappear very slowly but the sea surface itself is not animated/moving.

I've just done a complete reinstall to see if it fixes it ...

Well, about the water surface not moving, I cant say anything as I cant reproduce the issue but about the whitecaps being "slow" well...while the pace of the white caps should obviously depend on the wind speed (the FASTER the wind=the SLOWER the whitecaps or more time they are visible), there is a limit on how fast they appear and disappear that right now is not correct...even the smaller whitecaps wont appear and disappear in a fraction of a second as they work now except when (triggered by something unknown) they work perfect ONLY from the cockpit view...

In real life (I have seen it myself and in some videos), whitecaps seem to be "freezed" (because they disipate slowly) at first glance, and when you concentrate in a particular one you can see it fading softly and slowly. This is the behaviour Im getting at some point when in the cockpit view but not when I use any external camera where the whitecaps evolve at some crazy speed, appearing and disappearing almost instantly no matter the wind speed.

So, about the whitecaps, yeah, as soon as you have something like 2/3 knots or more wind, they should seem like "freezed" or staying there for a few seconds.

Hope ED can address this issue asap.

Can you attach a screenshot or video showing an example.

Also is there any wind in the mission?

I did take a series of screen caps ... not sure they show it very well. The missions was custom, just an LHA off the coast and an AV8B. Was repeatable.

Definitely plenty of wind, hence the white caps. The ship was rolling and moving, hence it appear that the waves moved as the ship went forwards, however they didn't move relative to themselves as they did in the F2 view.

A reinstall seems to have fixed it!

Sorry I can't be of more help!

PS> Awesome update BTW!

Screen_180204_201006.thumb.png.51d9318af3607f086cccd0a919f0ba7c.png

Screen_180204_201007.thumb.png.e2c06d32de98a04c868824b8999a50c3.png

Screen_180204_201010.thumb.png.0efee05eb36d27d216119d25a3a3cbe5.png

Screen_180204_201015.thumb.png.1576cd01b5374f6f4ab823b602e37079.png

Screen_180204_201016.thumb.png.db0fc7a184b21b6ce916aa48518da683.png

Screen_180204_201018.thumb.png.fc31c2a492fc9b67e336b972ef46779d.png

Screen_180204_201020.thumb.png.047b2741926f3ff49dd160ad46c3efc7.png

Edited by Kula66

Glad you solved the issue...anyway, i think I found a video showing this problem, and as you said, the sea waves are stopped only in the cockpit view...whatch it at 18:00:

the sim is running but the water is still...very weird...maybe it can help devs to investigate it in case more people are affected...

EDIT: Ok, I just found the culprit of this issue...so maybe you are still suffering it...MIRRORS!!!...I noticed that as soon as I enable the mirrors (which I use to have disabled, thats why I couldnt replicate this issue) the water surface STOPS moving and the whitecaps are very, very slow (but I think they move)...as soon as I disable them the water starts moving again...wow, thats a big issue after all and I would love to know if more people is experiencing it.

kula66, are you sure is gone??...try flying again and enable mirrors.

Bye!!

Edited by watermanpc

I have this same issue too. I don't think it's Module Related because I have seen this issue in the Huey, Gazelle and Mustang (so far).

There are whitecaps which are animated.

But the Rolling Waves themselves do not move. That is, there are standing waves and troughs but they appear fixed in position and only the "white" of the whitecaps moves.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• ED Team

Hi all

just an update on this, we do have a report open

should be added to a future patch.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2