C-101 update

Vibora

Thanks for the update, guys ...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4457983#post4457983

Nice to be able to repair things like engine fire, jammed flaps, burnt out lights, etc.

May I suggest doing a bit of tweaking with the cockpit brightness? Just stuff like the master warning / caution lights and AoA indexer are still super bright even when the dial is at mid-point. Personally, I would prefer there be almost no halo at that setting. Just my take.

Thanks again for the continued support.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Speed Brake Extend Retract Using 2 Position Switch a.k.a Else IF

Can this line be ADDED to a future update?

Helps anyone with a X55/X56 HOTAS or those that use a two-position toggle for Speed Brake.

Key Binding that allows for a two-position Switch key binding for Speed Brake. a.k.a Else IF.

Switch Position Pressed: Speed Brake Extend and Stay in position until released.

Switch Position Released: Speed Brake Retract.

Example: Two-position toggle Switch or Slider Switch on an X55 and X56 Flight Stick

-- Flight Control section of C-101EB/CC default.lua --
{down = iCommandPlaneAirBrakeOff, up = iCommandPlaneAirBrakeOn, cockpit_device_id = devices.SYSTEMS, name = _('Air brake Slider - Extend/Retract'), category ={_('Left Console'), _('Throttle lever'), _('Flight Control')}},

Thanks to Shiroka for posting this Mod on the DCS User Files Download Page because it gave me the clues necessary to make the changes to the C-101

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Can this line be ADDED to a future update?

Helps anyone with a X55/X56 HOTAS or those that use a two-position toggle for Speed Brake.

Key Binding that allows for a two-position Switch key binding for Speed Brake. a.k.a Else IF.

Switch Position Pressed: Speed Brake Extend and Stay in position until released.

Switch Position Released: Speed Brake Retract.

Example: Two-position toggle Switch or Slider Switch on an X55 and X56 Flight Stick

-- Flight Control section of C-101EB/CC default.lua --
{down = iCommandPlaneAirBrakeOff, up = iCommandPlaneAirBrakeOn, cockpit_device_id = devices.SYSTEMS, name = _('Air brake Slider - Extend/Retract'), category ={_('Left Console'), _('Throttle lever'), _('Flight Control')}},

Thanks to Shiroka for posting this Mod on the DCS User Files Download Page because it gave me the clues necessary to make the changes to the C-101

Sorry, but that is not how it works IRL. We already added toggle B as a feature request.

This is how it really works:

There is a switch in the throttle for airbrake. It is spring-loaded to be able to deploy or retract the speed brake to intermediate positions that are kept when releasing the switch. It is moved rearwards to extend the speed brake and forward to retract it.

As a feature request (not realistic), we also added toggle B so that you can fully extend or retract it with just a single key press.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Hi Vibora,

Thanks for the quick reply. The keybind mentioned does still work the same; it uses the often misunderstood Slider Switch on the X56/X55, or for any 2 Position Switch.

|UP = Pressed & DOWN = Released|

No problem - maybe if some other owners of C-101 have an X56/X55 they can try it out and enjoy Speed Brake with the thumb slider.

Cheers! :thumbup:

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Hi Vibora,

Thanks for the quick reply. The keybind mentioned does still work the same; it uses the often misunderstood Slider Switch on the X56/X55, or for any 2 Position Switch.

|UP = Pressed & DOWN = Released|

No problem - maybe if some other owners of C-101 have an X56/X55 they can try it out and enjoy Speed Brake with the thumb slider.

Cheers! :thumbup:

I just mapped it to one of the big switches on the bottom of the X-55 throttle, as they're spring loaded it exactly matches the behaviour of the real button.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the latest Open Beta updates.

However, I don't see the new Georgia skins for the C-101EB.  I do see them for the C-101CC.

EDIT:

Also, I don't see the camera light go on when I press the camera button on the control stick and the camera is mounted

Edited by kontiuka

8 hours ago, KurtVDH said:

I am a big fan of the C-101. However, for after action review I like to replay. On the C-101 the replay is still broken (at least for me). Any progress or news on this feature?

We still need to investigate it.

• Like 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/19/2020 at 4:55 AM, kontiuka said:

Thanks for the latest Open Beta updates.

However, I don't see the new Georgia skins for the C-101EB.  I do see them for the C-101CC.

You're welcome.

It will be added in next hotfix.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:55 AM, kontiuka said:

EDIT:

Also, I don't see the camera light go on when I press the camera button on the control stick and the camera is mounted

Since the camera is not working yet in C-101 we just added the 3D model for now.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello everyone ....

I just bought C-101 module. Where can we see the update?

Thanks.

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

6 hours ago, PhilTheBeat said:

Hello everyone ....

I just bought C-101 module. Where can we see the update?

Thanks.

Any updates to the C-101 are usually listed in the DCS World patch notes.  I don't think there was much for the C-101 in the latest patch other than the Georgian skin for the C-101EB and maybe a couple of small things that snuck in.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply ...I will have a look 😉

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

Hi guys. These are the changes added in last Open Beta update:

• FD horizontal bar is no longer stuck to ADI aircraft symbol when pressing TCS button.
• Made Vertical Speed mode of Flight Director in C-101CC less sensitive.
• Added Georgia fictional skin for C-101EB.

Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2021.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]