Mission 3 - FPS

I’m clueless, then...my pc is a dinosaur compared to yours. Maybe one of the settings has a high impact when there are lots of planes?

Can you screenshot your GFX settings page in DCS so I can replicate them on my system?

If the FPS still tanks for me, then I will know that it is an issue at my end.

If it doesn't tank, then I can work up to see what the culprit setting is.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Ok my Report

1. Start of mission takeoff airfield i had fps below 40 until i got in the air. Once linked up with friendlies and gaining altitude fps was 70-80

2. When b17 spawn in i noticed it without even looking at fps, was a slight stutter then looked at fps and had gone from 80 to 40.

3. Once the 190 and such spawned in was still sitting around 40.

4. I think this is the bugger, when the flak positions where in visual range and started firing the fps dropped to mid 20's. So that hurt right there. Fps was fine enough for the dogfight until flak came into the picture.

5. Midway through the engagement i was shot down but my following observations where both pre ejection and post.

1b. Frame rate in low mid 20s

2b. Once ejected i was watch the fight. Curious thing i noticed was when i did not have the flak positions in view my fps went back to 80. But when looking at flack positions from both first person view from parachute and or f2 of aircraft the fps dropped down to mid 20's again and fluctuate from that to 40.

3b. so when not looking at direction of flak emplacements fps went back to 80

i use Rift s.

PS i opened and flew the mission from the mission editor.

:thumbup:

Screen_190529_143917.thumb.png.a51a724cd82c474adc4c8e66fc149e3a.png

Screen_190529_143923.thumb.png.6ade2befd7130dd43969991f94cd5fe7.png

Edited by Sniper175

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

So just did mission 5 and actually my fps was worse on that mission then the previous above. Once B17 getting engaged i would be down in single digit fps and same issue when looking at flak and away from flak.

Sniper, thank you so much for the report! It makes sense now, I also noticed a bigger FPS hit when flak comes on, at least this is what I was suspecting. Something must have changed lately. I forwarded this issue to ED, let's hope they'll have a look at it and come up with a solution quickly. Fingers crossed!

Sniper, thank you so much for the report! It makes sense now, I also noticed a bigger FPS hit when flak comes on, at least this is what I was suspecting. Something must have changed lately. I forwarded this issue to ED, let's hope they'll have a look at it and come up with a solution quickly. Fingers crossed!

Awesome and happy to help. Missions like these are what really bring dcs alive. Hope they squash this bug !:thumbup:

Well ill try 2d, but my pit is strictly VR as its in My RV or otherwise called Man Cave on wheels....:thumbup: In regards to Phil ya believe he is 2d as that's what his youtube videos are.