Strange ATC Behaviour

wowbagger

I've just started this fun looking campaign but seem to have strange a issue. I am probably missing something since I am still just learning the Mig.

I'm only on Mission 2. When I try to request permission for startup I never get a reply. Actually I have reloaded and tried this mission multiple times trying to figure out what is wrong - and I did get a reply once. But then when I ask for permission for takeoff, again no reply at all.

I have tested the Mig in instant action and everything works as expected.

1- Ground power on

2- Generator on

3- Radio on

4- Check the wave number is correct

ATC replies every time in Instant Action. However in the mission, I get no reply and when I pull up the menu again, 'Request Startup' is gone, and 'Request Taxi' has already appeared

tMhFR1cScreen-190204-141836.png

And if I request taxi, I again get no reply.

Just to be clear, there is no audio reply and no on screen text reply. It doesn't seem to matter if I am using Vaicom Pro or not.

I know this is a very minor thing, but I suspect I am just doing something incorrectly, and I want to get as much immersion from what looks like a terrific campaign. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing incorrectly or what might be causing this?

Cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Hmm, that is really strange. Just to check, you've got Freq 4.05 (Wave 162) in there?

In the mission editor, we don't have the ability to change airport frequencies, or change how the ATC folk operate.

If you say you are requesting startup, not hearing anything, and then seeing your next option is request taxi, then it sure looks like your communicating with tower, just not hearing it for whatever reason.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is truly bizarre. Yesterday I tested it a dozen more times - same results. Almost every time there was no audio and no text for either the pilot or ATC messages, ground crew always works fine. Once or twice, the pilot voice and text would work but not the ATC - from either Anapa or Sochi. And only once, everything worked. During every attempt, I tripled checked the Wave Number settings, because I suspected that must be causing the issue.

Today it seems completely fine again, all is working as intended. :huh:

I think it must be related to using Vaicom Pro (perhaps the Force Nato Names setting?). Except that I know, 100%, that I tried playing it without Voice Attack and therefore Vaicom running, more than once, and it didn't fix the issue.

Anyway, fingers crossed it remains working. Thanks again for the reply. And thanks for a very fun and immersive campaign! The reviews for The Museum Relic are universally full of praise - I can easily see why. Your campaign was the only reason I purchased the little Mig. And now I'm very pleased I did, it's all kinds of fun. I will add my voice to all those that heartily recommend The Museum Relic.

Now, make another one for us please. :pilotfly:

Edited by wowbagger

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2