How to set up toggle switches (a tutorial) - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #21
FlyNate

Reputation power: 6
FlyNate has a spectacular aura aboutFlyNate has a spectacular aura aboutFlyNate has a spectacular aura aboutFlyNate has a spectacular aura aboutFlyNate has a spectacular aura about

I have a really dumb question... What do I use to connect my toggles and rotary stuff to USB? I have been using the DTA pulse generators and I was looking for a more reliable way to do this. I love the DTA stuff, but will Helios work with my cards or do I need something else? Some of the cards give a 'button1' pulse when the switch is flipped either way, and some of my cards give a 'button1' pulse when flipped up, and 'button2' pulse when flipped down. I also have Pushbutton boards and a special board for center-off switches that gives a pulse in all three positions '1,2,and3'... Hope I explained that right lol. What I want to do is interface my panels for my pit via USB and Helios...this seems to be a much more reliable way. I think I can just use the Pushbutton boards because there's no pulse. Flip the switch up and the light comes on and stays on, flip it down and it goes out. I hope someone can decode this post and help me lol. Thanks everyone!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:46 AM   #22
Scoggs

Reputation power: 8
Scoggs will become famous soon enoughScoggs will become famous soon enough

Sorry to resurrect, but I was using this in 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 broke it.

Is there any way to still do this on 1.2.8? I don't like the Target Software and the idea that I have to tell it to enable the script every time I want to fly, just want it native. I use the EAC for landing gear and the Radar Altimeter for master arm.

Can't figure out how to remap with the new control lua.

Thanks for any help!
i7 7700k @ 4.5GHz
32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000MHz DDR4
EVGA GTX980 Ti SC x2 SLI
Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
CM Silent Pro 1000W PS
Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!
Scoggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:00 AM   #23
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 115
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoggs View Post
Sorry to resurrect, but I was using this in 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 broke it.

Is there any way to still do this on 1.2.8? I don't like the Target Software and the idea that I have to tell it to enable the script every time I want to fly, just want it native. I use the EAC for landing gear and the Radar Altimeter for master arm.

Can't figure out how to remap with the new control lua.

Thanks for any help!
You can still do the same things as before. The only issue is that now you have to do it in the default lua file for that aircraft/controller. The structure of the original lua files has not changed, just the structure of the Saved Profle lua.

I recommend making your normal changes but leave out the part that actually assigns the button/switch then map your controls in sim and it will be using your modifications. Once you have modded the game files, just make a JSGME mod for future use (of course changes to the default control luas will require making new mod files but...).
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:26 AM   #24
Scoggs

Reputation power: 8
Scoggs will become famous soon enoughScoggs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
You can still do the same things as before. The only issue is that now you have to do it in the default lua file for that aircraft/controller. The structure of the original lua files has not changed, just the structure of the Saved Profle lua.

I recommend making your normal changes but leave out the part that actually assigns the button/switch then map your controls in sim and it will be using your modifications. Once you have modded the game files, just make a JSGME mod for future use (of course changes to the default control luas will require making new mod files but...).

That did it, thanks for the help. Although not sure what you mean with the JSGME mod.
i7 7700k @ 4.5GHz
32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000MHz DDR4
EVGA GTX980 Ti SC x2 SLI
Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD
CM Silent Pro 1000W PS
Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!
Scoggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #25
Einherjer

Reputation power: 9
Einherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the rough

So i have to edit the lua in the A-10C Directory instead of the lua in the "saved Games" folder???
Einherjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #26
cichlidfan
Veteran

cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
So i have to edit the lua in the A-10C Directory instead of the lua in the "saved Games" folder???
Yes.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Old 04-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #27
tintifaxl

Reputation power: 14
tintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoggs View Post
That did it, thanks for the help. Although not sure what you mean with the JSGME mod.
Every time you update DCS your changes to the default.lua's will be purged. You can use JSGME to circumvent that.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #28
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
Every time you update DCS your changes to the default.lua's will be purged. You can use JSGME to circumvent that.
That's what I meant. If you need more info on creating the mod, look at this http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607
Old 04-29-2014, 12:28 PM   #29
Einherjer

Reputation power: 9
Einherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the roughEinherjer is a jewel in the rough

So - can i move my Old lua from "saved games" to "a-10c\input"? Or has the default lua some new parameters?
Einherjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #30
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
So - can i move my Old lua from "saved games" to "a-10c\input"? Or has the default lua some new parameters?
That should work, in theory.

Tags
controls, lua, tm warthog, toggle switches, tutorials