Alternate for PS Eye cam - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
MetalGear_Honk

Reputation power: 3
MetalGear_Honk is on a distinguished road
Default Alternate for PS Eye cam

Hi
As I had some Problems with my Headtracker Camera, the PS3 EyeCam.
And the Point that the CLEyeDriver is nolonger supported.
I was looking into an alternative.

Most Webcams work out of the pox but onlyas 30fps. That is far too slow to get used as Head tracker PSEye uses 90fps asdoes the Trackir System.

After some searching I found the ELP-HD2megapixel cameras witch gets me 1200fps at VGA Resolution. The onlydownside is that it runs in YUY2 mode when connected to Opentrack/Facetracknoirand then it only gives me 30fps.
https://www.amazon.com/ELP-megapixel-surveillance-machine-monitor/dp/B015FIKTZC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1508138385&sr=8-7&keywords=ELP+usb+2+Megapixel

The solution was to use a virtual Driverlike "Manycam" I installed it and added the ELP in MJPEG mode. Afterthat I could select the "Manycam" in my Opentrack program and it runsat 60fps.

There is a watermark in the free Versionof Manycam but the tracker runs fine with it.

After some more experiments I found outthat Manycam is restricting the cam to max60fps. But I think that is not a bigdeal. As for me I can tell no difference in my PS Eye and the ELP

MetalGear_Honk
MetalGear_Honk is offline   Reply With Quote