Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #21
rrohde
Veteran

Reputation power: 31
rrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
Any word on pre-purchase, or actual purchase dates?
When VKB HQ and I put the announcement together, it was super late in China and I never got an answer. I will try to get an answer on the pre-purchase option asap and send out another newsletter!

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1

Old 03-15-2017, 09:18 PM   #22
AegisFX

Reputation power: 6
AegisFX is on a distinguished road

All links work now. I may very well order the pedals when this stick is available. Would be a huge step up from the old saiteks I owned before.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:30 AM   #23
Rangi

Reputation power: 16
Rangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of light

Goodbye warthog joystick, you have served me well, but now you have been surpassed.
Rangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:36 AM   #24
hughlb

Reputation power: 3
hughlb has a spectacular aura abouthughlb has a spectacular aura abouthughlb has a spectacular aura abouthughlb has a spectacular aura about

Like Rangi said, this + gunfighter really raises the bar for sim controls

Rainer, how many of these will be made in the initial production run? Enough to cater for those who bought Gunfighters?
| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | LG 43UD79-B | Gainward Phoenix 1070 GLH | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VKB Gunfighter MK1 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

hughlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:43 AM   #25
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 115
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
When VKB HQ and I put the announcement together, it was super late in China and I never got an answer. I will try to get an answer on the pre-purchase option asap and send out another newsletter!
Good deal. At that price I would definitely preorder.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:52 AM   #26
rrohde
Veteran

Reputation power: 31
rrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughlb View Post
Like Rangi said, this + gunfighter really raises the bar for sim controls

Rainer, how many of these will be made in the initial production run? Enough to cater for those who bought Gunfighters?
Yes, that's what VKB have been shooting for - keep the initial production numbers in line with the demand. Working out well so far.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1

Old 03-16-2017, 01:34 AM   #27
Barefoot Bandit

Reputation power: 1
Barefoot Bandit will become famous soon enoughBarefoot Bandit will become famous soon enough

That looks like an interesting grip. I still find the big hangover on "Russian style" grips above the thumb a bit annoying (I have the Cobra, and the thumb gymnastics to get my thumb above and below can be be awkward), but otherwise, it actually looks like a great grip. Colour me interested...

Z...
Barefoot Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:06 AM   #28
AegisFX

Reputation power: 6
AegisFX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Bandit View Post
That looks like an interesting grip. I still find the big hangover on "Russian style" grips above the thumb a bit annoying (I have the Cobra, and the thumb gymnastics to get my thumb above and below can be be awkward), but otherwise, it actually looks like a great grip. Colour me interested...

Z...
Yeah, I wasn't interested in the previous sticks, but I'd take a chance on this one if it sold with a base. All I intend to do is F-18, A-10, and some f-15c/fc3 though.. The shape is a little different for my tastes but I'd do it.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:57 AM   #29
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 29
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisFX View Post
... but I'd take a chance on this one if it sold with a base. .
Get this base and put the grip in then: http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=v...hter-base-only

Last edited by Sokol1_br; 03-16-2017 at 05:07 AM.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:24 AM   #30
hughlb

Reputation power: 3
hughlb has a spectacular aura abouthughlb has a spectacular aura abouthughlb has a spectacular aura abouthughlb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
Yes, that's what VKB have been shooting for - keep the initial production numbers in line with the demand. Working out well so far.
Excellent, thanks Rainer. I feel it's going to be a great year for yourself and VKB. So many products in the pipeline - the ECP and throttle are also on my list.
| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | LG 43UD79-B | Gainward Phoenix 1070 GLH | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VKB Gunfighter MK1 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

hughlb is offline   Reply With Quote