Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #21
HoneyBadgerTX

Reputation power: 0
HoneyBadgerTX is on a distinguished road

I said it once and I'll upgrade my statement. I believe I just got the FlightSim equivalent of a raging hard-on.
HoneyBadgerTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #22
Norsegunar

Norsegunar is on a distinguished road

Cyhp3r,

Great looking flight stick, does it come with any kind of management software (I.E. Thrustmaster Target) ? Does VPC have any North American based retailers for it ?

Looking at the stick also have a question; the flip out trigger how easy is that to repair? I can see that getting pulled on a little to hard and snapping off.

Also looking at the design and comparing it to the TM Warthog and X-55 layouts. This seems to offer a great cross aircraft joystick layouts. If they were going to make a mark 2 or a new version. I would only make 2 suggestions to give it better function for the A-10 (which is the only aircraft I can see it having layout issues with), is to change the middle two way switch to a four way switch, and the thumb switch on the side to a 5 way switch. (Four way plus depress). This would make it usable in any DCS aircraft.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #23
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Reputation power: 32
uboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to all

will the stick come with a base this Feb? Or just stick with TM adapter?

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities, Scripts, etc

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:58 PM   #24
Ce_Zeta+
Posting Rights Revoked

Ce_Zeta has a spectacular aura aboutCe_Zeta has a spectacular aura aboutCe_Zeta has a spectacular aura aboutCe_Zeta has a spectacular aura aboutCe_Zeta has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
Grip + TM adapter in February for 159,00€
Base and Grip in March 2017 for €289,00.
Ce_Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #25
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 23
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Just ran across this thread, this all looks very interesting!
I look forward to hearing more in the future.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #26
Cyph3r

Reputation power: 8
Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerTX View Post
I said it once and I'll upgrade my statement. I believe I just got the FlightSim equivalent of a raging hard-on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
Just ran across this thread, this all looks very interesting!
I look forward to hearing more in the future.
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsegunar View Post
Cyhp3r,

Great looking flight stick, does it come with any kind of management software (I.E. Thrustmaster Target) ? Does VPC have any North American based retailers for it ?

Looking at the stick also have a question; the flip out trigger how easy is that to repair? I can see that getting pulled on a little to hard and snapping off.

Thanks
We will have our own configuration utility which will be revealed in a future announcement.

Currently we do not have any NA retailers, but it is something we will look into. We will be providing worldwide shipping from the virpil.com webstore however!

Regarding the repairability, we feel the high quality nature of our grip should should negate these concerns! But I'll bring this up, alongside your other button layout comments to our engineers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
The VPC MongoosT-50 Grip + TMWH Adapter will be available in February for €159,00
The complete VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick (grip + base) will be available in March for €289,00

Last edited by Cyph3r; 01-07-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #27
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 29
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsegunar View Post
Also looking at the design and comparing it to the TM Warthog and X-55 layouts. This seems to offer a great cross aircraft joystick layouts. If they were going to make a mark 2 or a new version. I would only make 2 suggestions to give it better function for the A-10 (which is the only aircraft I can see it having layout issues with), is to change the middle two way switch to a four way switch, and the thumb switch on the side to a 5 way switch. (Four way plus depress). This would make it usable in any DCS aircraft.
For a non Warthog compatible version this is maybe practical - depends on internal space for increase Shift Register chips on circuit.

But for use in Warthog base no, their limit is 24 buttons (3x CD4021), this "A-10'ish" HAT will exceed this limit. Seems has 2 buttons left on actual layout.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #28
Weegie

Reputation power: 6
Weegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the rough

This does look so good, haven't seen anything coming close to this except VKB.

Another question if you would be so kind

How much will the base be to purchase separately?

The reason for the question is to decide on if I purchase the grip first, then the base separately OR wait until the full assembly is available
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #29
SinusoidDelta

Reputation power: 9
SinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really nice

Have any images of the gimbal been released?
SinusoidDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #30
Cyph3r

Reputation power: 8
Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
This does look so good, haven't seen anything coming close to this except VKB.

Another question if you would be so kind

How much will the base be to purchase separately?

The reason for the question is to decide on if I purchase the grip first, then the base separately OR wait until the full assembly is available
Users that purchase the MongoosT-50 grip at €159 will be able to purchase the MongoosT-50 base for €130 - bringing them to the bundle price total of €289 mentioned in the announcement.

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc