Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 3 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #21
HoneyBadgerTX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Reputation power: 0
HoneyBadgerTX is on a distinguished road
Default

I said it once and I'll upgrade my statement. I believe I just got the FlightSim equivalent of a raging hard-on.
HoneyBadgerTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #22
Norsegunar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 29
Reputation power: 0
Norsegunar is on a distinguished road
Default

Cyhp3r,

Great looking flight stick, does it come with any kind of management software (I.E. Thrustmaster Target) ? Does VPC have any North American based retailers for it ?

Looking at the stick also have a question; the flip out trigger how easy is that to repair? I can see that getting pulled on a little to hard and snapping off.


Also looking at the design and comparing it to the TM Warthog and X-55 layouts. This seems to offer a great cross aircraft joystick layouts. If they were going to make a mark 2 or a new version. I would only make 2 suggestions to give it better function for the A-10 (which is the only aircraft I can see it having layout issues with), is to change the middle two way switch to a four way switch, and the thumb switch on the side to a 5 way switch. (Four way plus depress). This would make it usable in any DCS aircraft.

Thanks
__________________
Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....
Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Norsegunar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #23
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator
 
uboats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: East Sierra
Posts: 4,691
Reputation power: 32
uboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to all
Default

will the stick come with a base this Feb? Or just stick with TM adapter?
__________________
Age has never been a problem


My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities, Scripts, etc

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:58 PM   #24
Ce_Zeta+
Posting Rights Revoked
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Spanistan
Posts: 288
Reputation power: 0
Ce_Zeta has a spectacular aura aboutCe_Zeta has a spectacular aura aboutCe_Zeta has a spectacular aura aboutCe_Zeta has a spectacular aura aboutCe_Zeta has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
will the stick come with a base this Feb? Or just stick with TM adapter?
Grip + TM adapter in February for 159,00€
Base and Grip in March 2017 for €289,00.
Ce_Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #25
dburne
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,536
Reputation power: 23
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice
Default

Just ran across this thread, this all looks very interesting!
I look forward to hearing more in the future.
__________________
Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #26
Cyph3r
Member
 
Cyph3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 506
Reputation power: 8
Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerTX View Post
I said it once and I'll upgrade my statement. I believe I just got the FlightSim equivalent of a raging hard-on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
Just ran across this thread, this all looks very interesting!
I look forward to hearing more in the future.
Thanks guys!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsegunar View Post
Cyhp3r,

Great looking flight stick, does it come with any kind of management software (I.E. Thrustmaster Target) ? Does VPC have any North American based retailers for it ?

Looking at the stick also have a question; the flip out trigger how easy is that to repair? I can see that getting pulled on a little to hard and snapping off.

Thanks
We will have our own configuration utility which will be revealed in a future announcement.

Currently we do not have any NA retailers, but it is something we will look into. We will be providing worldwide shipping from the virpil.com webstore however!

Regarding the repairability, we feel the high quality nature of our grip should should negate these concerns! But I'll bring this up, alongside your other button layout comments to our engineers!


Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
will the stick come with a base this Feb? Or just stick with TM adapter?
The VPC MongoosT-50 Grip + TMWH Adapter will be available in February for €159,00
The complete VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick (grip + base) will be available in March for €289,00
__________________
► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls


Last edited by Cyph3r; 01-07-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #27
Sokol1_br
Senior Member
 
Sokol1_br's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,617
Reputation power: 29
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsegunar View Post
Also looking at the design and comparing it to the TM Warthog and X-55 layouts. This seems to offer a great cross aircraft joystick layouts. If they were going to make a mark 2 or a new version. I would only make 2 suggestions to give it better function for the A-10 (which is the only aircraft I can see it having layout issues with), is to change the middle two way switch to a four way switch, and the thumb switch on the side to a 5 way switch. (Four way plus depress). This would make it usable in any DCS aircraft.
For a non Warthog compatible version this is maybe practical - depends on internal space for increase Shift Register chips on circuit.

But for use in Warthog base no, their limit is 24 buttons (3x CD4021), this "A-10'ish" HAT will exceed this limit. Seems has 2 buttons left on actual layout.
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #28
Weegie
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Glasgow, UK
Posts: 311
Reputation power: 6
Weegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the roughWeegie is a jewel in the rough
Default

This does look so good, haven't seen anything coming close to this except VKB.

Another question if you would be so kind

How much will the base be to purchase separately?

The reason for the question is to decide on if I purchase the grip first, then the base separately OR wait until the full assembly is available
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #29
SinusoidDelta
Member
 
SinusoidDelta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 662
Reputation power: 9
SinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really niceSinusoidDelta is just really nice
Default

Have any images of the gimbal been released?
SinusoidDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #30
Cyph3r
Member
 
Cyph3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 506
Reputation power: 8
Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
This does look so good, haven't seen anything coming close to this except VKB.

Another question if you would be so kind

How much will the base be to purchase separately?

The reason for the question is to decide on if I purchase the grip first, then the base separately OR wait until the full assembly is available
Users that purchase the MongoosT-50 grip at €159 will be able to purchase the MongoosT-50 base for €130 - bringing them to the bundle price total of €289 mentioned in the announcement.
__________________
► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.