Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-30-2016, 02:45 AM   #1
rrohde
Veteran

Reputation power: 31
rrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of light
Default Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter Series of Flight-Control Sticks

(Shenzhen, China / Norman, OK USA) - December 29, 2016 – VKB Industries and VKB-Sim North America are proud to announce the new and innovative Gunfighter series of flight-control sticks.

The Gunfighter series continues VKB-Sim’s commitment to creating a highly modular control device; here are a few highlights:

A new quick release locking mechanism with improved electric contacts allows the user to quickly customize and configure the Gunfighter’s grip configuration; this includes the possibility to swap out adapted grips, or install the grip at an ergonomic angle based on the placement of the stick (e.g., a zero angle grip rotation might be a good choice for a side stick, while a fifteen degree twist to the left might be best for a center-mounted stick, while putting less strain on the wrist).

Newly developed adapters allow the Gunfighter to work with non-VKB grips, such as those of the ‘Thrustmaster ® Warthog ™’, or the ‘Defender Cobra M5’ sticks.

In addition to the already familiar high-quality components of the all-metal gimbal of the ‘Mamba MkIII’ or ‘Gladiator Pro,’ VKB engineers are proud to announce a new, innovative feature of the Gunfighter’s gimbal: force-adjustable dry clutches.

These ‘clutches’ allow the user to change the friction of the stick’s movement along its way of travel. This lets the user overcome a spring-loaded stick’s tendency to return back to center - which might be especially useful during helicopter flight (or wherever else desired). With the right amount of friction configured, the stick will stay put where the user wants it to stay – even off-center!
With this innovative new feature, the Gunfighter series of controllers will enhance the realistic overall feeling of VKB sticks even further – the Gunfighter’s stick movement feels “heavier”, and the added friction prevents oscillations when letting go of the stick.

VKB engineers managed to keep these dry clutches small without the need to enlarge the base of the stick, so the new Gunfighter remains a compact controller for desktop usage.

During the design phase of these stick, the VKB-Sim engineers implemented user feedback and drew from their vast experience to create a most reliable, professional controller with excellent performance and customization options at a reasonable price – the all-new Gunfighter series.

The base and the centering mechanism of the stick are made entirely of metal. The use of high-quality and high-performance metals results in an accurate and robust construction with a minimum number of components; this will have a positive effect on the reliability and longevity of the product.

Update on the production status of the VKB-Sim Gunfighter series:

VKB-Sim is currently underway to start the production of the Gunfighter series of flight simulation controllers. Pre-ordering for all Gunfighter variants will commence at the final stage of the initial production run.
Stay tuned for further VKB-Sim announcements as the Gunfighter release gets closer!

Standard Gunfighter equipment:

- Gunfighter base, including VKB-Sim’s next-gen, all metal gimbal with ‘dry clutches’
- Gimbal supports up to two springs per axis
- Swappable KG-12 grip (plastic)
- USB-Controller ‘BlackBox’
- Set of exchangeable cams and springs
- Set of cables
- Protective “Remove before flight” Dust Cover

PRICE: MSRP $299 USD (plus shipping)

Gunfighter Pro
In addition to the Gunfighter’s equipment, the Gunfighter Pro includes:

- A stick extension (20cm / 8”)
- A smaller base-plate with pre-drilled holes (useful for center-mounting inside a simulation cockpit)

PRICE: MSRP $359 USD (plus shipping)

Gunfighter ECP (Enhanced Control Panel)
To expand the development of the Gunfighter lineup, the Gunfighter ECP is also underway.

The ‘ECP’ version is designed for virtual pilots who need a large enough set of controls in the form of buttons, toggle switches, and encoders in addition to what the standard grip offers.
In essence, the Gunfighter ECP offers an enhanced control panel that an be attached to the Gunfighter’s base, with many additional ways to interact with the simulation of choice. This removable panel adds a lot of versatility to the standard Gunfighter, while still remaining compact enough for desktop use. Stay tuned for more details on the Gunfighter ECP coming up soon.

For more information, please contact:
NorthAmerica@VKB-Sim.pro
www.VKBcontrollers.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VKB-Sim Gunfighter Announcement.pdf (1.57 MB, 280 views)

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1

Last edited by rrohde; 12-30-2016 at 03:48 AM.
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:48 AM   #2
Beeroshima

Reputation power: 4
Beeroshima has a spectacular aura aboutBeeroshima has a spectacular aura aboutBeeroshima has a spectacular aura about

When is purchase available? Link for united states buyers please!

Looks gorgeous, by the way.

Sent when i should be working instead
Beeroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:50 AM   #3
rrohde
Veteran

rrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of light

Links added; thanks.

@Beeroshima - according to VKB HQ, the Gunfighter should be available for ordering in March, however, pre-ordering will start sooner than that
Right now, you can already reserve one (free of charge).

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1

Old 12-30-2016, 04:40 AM   #4
Bourrinopathe

Reputation power: 9
Bourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really niceBourrinopathe is just really nice
Thumbs up dampening dampening dampening

Oh no! It's Christmas again!

As a Black Mamba MkIII owner (an already top-notch flightstick), I can only be excited by this announcement and the pretty pictures.
I remember a while back UIV said on the Il-2 forums the Gunfighter had a "little something" no other current flightstick had. One of my guesses (and hopes) was a dampening system!
That friction/dampening solution alone is a fantastic technological improvement and I can't wait to get a Gunfighter and have a taste of that new feeling and improved smoothness and accuracy.

Please tell March to kick January and February out of the calendar. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2016, 05:41 AM   #5
mambo

mambo is a jewel in the roughmambo is a jewel in the roughmambo is a jewel in the roughmambo is a jewel in the roughmambo is a jewel in the roughmambo is a jewel in the rough

I'm very interested in this joystick
mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:43 AM   #6
Dudikoff

Dudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of light

The gimbal looks promising, the friction system might be a nice alternative to FFB sticks if it works as advertised, plus I'm intrigued by what the ECP will look like.

Will the adapters for other grips be available immediately? Given that no modern grip is available yet, IMHO it would be fair to have one included in the base package.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1 btn 2 axis gameport joystick, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are absolutely useless. Just passing time till DCS: F-14..

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:22 AM   #7
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudikoff View Post
The gimbal looks promising, the friction system might be a nice alternative to FFB sticks if it works as advertised, plus I'm intrigued by what the ECP will look like.

Will the adapters for other grips be available immediately? Given that no modern grip is available yet, IMHO it would be fair to have one included in the base package.
According to my chat with VKB HQ yesterday, the TM Warthog adapter will ship at the same time as the Gunfighter will. So at least folks can have their Warthog grip ready to go with the Gunfighter.

I've seen some early renders of the ECP and you basically drop that panel full of switches, buttons and dials over the Gunfighter (tabletop) and you end up having that "sea of buttons" available at your fingertips. Promising concept indeed.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:03 AM   #8
Goblin

Goblin is a jewel in the roughGoblin is a jewel in the roughGoblin is a jewel in the roughGoblin is a jewel in the roughGoblin is a jewel in the roughGoblin is a jewel in the roughGoblin is a jewel in the rough

I have the older VKB Black Mamba, with the extension, Thrustmaster adapter and the new cam gimbal. It's a great stick! Although with the very heavy Warthog grip on top of the extension, it feels a bit light. But the gimbal is very sturdy and incredibly precise. Combined with the really good angle sensors, so even the smallest of inputs are transferred from your hand to the simulator. It has very little friction. I think that introducing controlled friction damping like they do with the Gunfighter, is a great idea! Looking forward to test it...
Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:45 AM   #9
norbot

Reputation power: 2
norbot is on a distinguished road

Will there be an adapter for the Warthog grip?

Ooops, reading is helpful. Now I found it: "Newly developed adapters allow the Gunfighter to work with non-VKB grips, such as those of the ‘Thrustmaster ® Warthog ™’, or the ‘Defender Cobra M5’ sticks."

Last edited by norbot; 12-30-2016 at 09:57 AM.
norbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:26 AM   #10
bouncerj21

Reputation power: 6
bouncerj21 is on a distinguished road

Hi

"Right now, you can already reserve one (free of charge)."

How do I do this ? There is nothing on the VKB Europe site

Thanks

James
bouncerj21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags