[Official] SimShaker for Aviators - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
f4l0

Reputation power: 8
f4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the rough
Default [Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Ladies and gentlemen,

I'm proud to reveal the secret project I was working on in the last weeks. I spent almost my entire free time and some days off work to push SimShaker to a new level. Thus, Andre and I can proudly announce SimShaker for Aviators.

SSA setup is available at our Downloads page https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/downloads.html

Latest News
09/03/17
Version 1.0.0.47 released: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=508
Version 1.0.0.48 released -> Missing X-Plane plugin fixed

08/09/17
Future of SimShaker for Aviators

Dear SSA users,

some years ago I bothered Andre to implement certain features into his SimShaker software. As I was very annoyed ;-), Andre and I had been talking a lot and sometime later he asked me to team up and work together on the SimShaker software. I joined and developed for free because I really can not fly without that software anymore and was to impatient to get new features/effects .
At the beginning we worked together. After some time, Andre started the SimShaker-Wheels project and I rewrote almost the entire code of SimShaker leading to SimShaker for Aviators supporting today DCS, X-Plane, FSX, P3D. In fact, after that point I was the only developer of SimShaker for Aviators and Andre focused on Wheels and his great E-Shop (https://andres.shop/)!

Today, people are mixing up Andre's shop, Jetseat, SimShaker for Aviators and SimShaker SoundModule. This lead to some confusions. In addition, the request to support new flight sims is increasing. Also giving free support can be very time consuming. I think some clarifications and statements about the future of this project are necessary!

As some of you know, I plan to submit my phd thesis in the next half year and who knows what life brings then. I spent to much time and energy to let SSA simply go . Thus, I will focus on SSA as it is today. This mean, SSA will be limited to DCS, X-Plane, FSX and P3D on a free/donation basis. As you all know, I sometimes just bought modules to add support in SSA for them and provided it free to you. Because my main motivation is having a better simulation experience for me and you.

For me it was always challenging to distinguished between the payware/money side and the 'free/donation' side. Thus, Andre and I agreed that all current and future payware extension like BMS will be transferred to SimShaker Wings, a separate application, developed/maintained by Andre. I will continue my work on SSA!

I'm sure, some parts/ideas/effects of Wings and SSA will merge or influence each other :-). We plan as well to share our existing infrastructure such as Slack, FB group, FTP/HTTP servers, Help Desk, etc.

I wish Andre good luck and hope he will have success with his projects!

Olaf (f4l0)
04/17/17 Stable release of SimShaker for Aviators!
01/29/17 Stable release of SimShaker for Aviators!
Improvements on the user interface. Some typos were fixed and disabled effects/modes will be highlighted in the GUI.

11/26/16 Stable release of SimShaker for Aviators!
Today we will release the stable version of the new SimShaker for Aviators which was now in beta for almost two months. There might/will be of course some issues here an there but we thing it's ready for a release.

---
If SimShaker stopped working on DCS 1.5.5 either remove the export.lua or check if the following is present:

Code:
os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric")
Remove this line from your export.lua and you should be fine.
----
SSA reached beta status and is available for the testers and interested people. In particular we are also looking for FSX/P3D tester!
----
I'm in contact with a former jet pilot to improve the effect. I'm really looking forward to this

13. Oct 2016:
In the last couple of days I worked with a former jet pilot and now airline pilot on the AoA effects for the M2KC, L39, F5E, Su25 and Su25T. Currently we are searching for pilots how have flown the other models or similar models. Our 'test pilot' also thinks that the G-Feeling effect is a bit to much since it hides some AoA related effects. He said that real pilots can feel if AoA is 15 or not. Thus, he advises to turn of the G-Feeling.

Overall he was really impressed/happy how SimShaker works and that most of the effects feel how they should.

General
SimShaker for Aviators (SSA) is the successor of SimShaker for DCS and FalconBMS - a almost entire new implementation. SSA brings tactile feedback to your simulation experience. It uses data like speed, gear position, engine state and many more directly from the simulation which enables us to create very precise and distinguishable feedback. SSA supports two tactile feedback approaches, namely tactile transducer like Buttkicker (requires SimShaker Sound Module) and Gametrix JetSeat.

Currently we are in the internal testing stage but we hope to release a first preview/beta version soon.

New in SSA
SSA comes with a new user interface and internal aircraft management system. This allows you to control each effect for each aircraft separately. Generic settings can be used to configure all effects of a specific aircraft type, for example, jet or piston plane.
SSA can be used for DCS, FalconBMS and simulations using SimConnect like FSX or P3D. For DCS and FalconBMS, we create separate effects handling for almost all available models. For FSX/P3D, we currently have only a very basic support using a generic approach. This might change in the future.

JetSeat
Old JetSeat thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704

SimShaker Sound Module
Old SimShaker Sound Module thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144060

Support the project
SimShaker for Aviators for DCS and P3D/FSX is free and usually we buy all modules/games SSA supports by our self. However we welcome any kind of support.

More information
https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.de/

Feature requests and bug reports
https://dreamsimteam.freshdesk.com/support/home

User comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNZ7p8CZqxA (old SimShaker version)

Feel the brrrrttt:
[Official] SimShaker for Aviators Forums thread at ED forums
SimShaker blog - transfer game effects into the real world
SimShaker Soundmodule with Voicemeeter Banana Setup: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2469416

DCS Toggle Switches

System specs: Intel Xeon E1231v3@3.4GHz, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 GTX, lots of SSDs
Flightgear: Oculus Rift, Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Bass shaker

Last edited by f4l0; 09-03-2017 at 03:49 PM.
f4l0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
f4l0

f4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the roughf4l0 is a jewel in the rough
Default New Features, Known Issues, Roadmap

New Features
  • Weight dependent ground bump effect (P3D/FSX):
    Our idea is, that heavier aircraft are not that much sensitive to actual bumps and thus those bump effects are reduced in strength depending an the total weight (with fuel). In theory we also need to consider the suspension but this data is currently not available/provided by the sim.
  • Surface type dependent ground effect (P3D/FSX):
    The surface type has influence on how often the ‘bumps’ are played. For concrete we assume ‘blocks/plates’ with a fixed width of . For Asphalt/Tarmac/Grass etc bumps are played with a specific probability P. P depends on the surface type, basically P(Grass) > P(Asphalt) > P(Tarmac).

Known Issues
  • DCS: No EngineRumble effect for M2KC/Spitfire - Could not find the proper gauge in the config files to extract to RPM
  • P3D/FSX: Afterburner effect for FSX/P3D not working
  • P3D/FSX: There might be issues with 3rd party modules
  • P3D/FSX: We think, that there is much more effect tweaking necessary!
  • General: when effect volume is 0 a blank cell will be displayed

Roadmap
  • Combined arms support
  • Enhanced engine rumble effects for piston/turbo prop planes

Changelog

• XP11: basic turboprop support added
  • X-Plane helicopter added
  • Added APU effect for X-Plane
  • Afterburner effect added for X-Plane
  • Display current plane/game in GUI fixed for X-Plane
  • Parsing of UDP message in X-Plane module fixed
  • X-Plane pause detection added
  • Various X-Plane bugs fixed
  • Gear turbulence effect added
  • Game combobox text updated
  • Model entry combo box text enhanced
  • Hide column if output device is not available
  • Fix colours in cells
  • Corrected ground roll effect
  • Adjusted landing gear moving effect strength for Jetseat
  • Link to Andre's e-Shop added
  • Ground bump effect adjusted
  • Flap effect strength increased
  • Ground effect/rolling updated
  • Touchdown effect reworked
  • Wheel blocking fixed in some DCS planes
  • DCS winds converted from m/s to kts

and many more...

• Gazelle damage/engine effect bug fixed
  • Prevent JetSeat handler to crash when diving with AB into the ground

• Support for AJS Viggen added
  • Thrust reverser effect added
  • Turbulence effect for all aircraft added
  • Engine rumble effect for SoundModule added
  • FC3 support fixed
  • FSX support fixed
  • A10C canopy effect fixed
  • New/unseen aircraft will be initialized with corresponding generic type effect settings

• Import/Export of settings
  • Adjusted AoA for MiG21 as suggested by Andy
  • Gun volume adjusted
  • Gfeeling for helos fixed

• New GUI
  • Support for P3D/FSX
  • Turbulence effect for P3D/FSX
  • General effect tweaking
  • Adjusted effect for M2KC and F5E with feedback from a real fighter pilot
  • Many more...

Feel the brrrrttt:
SimShaker Soundmodule with Voicemeeter Banana Setup: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2469416

DCS Toggle Switches

System specs: Intel Xeon E1231v3@3.4GHz, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 GTX, lots of SSDs
Flightgear: Oculus Rift, Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Bass shaker

Last edited by f4l0; 09-03-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
f4l0

Default FAQ

FAQ

Q: All effects work except gun firing. Any idea?
A: Gun firing effect requires that unlimited ammo is disabled.

Q: Do I have to buy a new Sound Module license?
A: The same license for the Sound Module is valid.

Q: Which operating systems are supported?
A: Windows 7, 8, 10

Q: Which games/simulations are supported by SimShaker?
A: Currently SimShaker supports DCS (1.5, 2.0), Falcon BMS, FSX and P3D.

Q: Are there any plans to support other games/simulations?

A: We plan to extend the support to X-Plane (not before X-Plane 11) and maybe CoD/IL2. This depends on availability of required interfaces to extract the necessary data.

Q: I feel no effect; I feel only a subset of effects.

A: Enable logging in the options tab and start the simulation. Check the log for warnings and errors.
If you have multiple DCS installations of the same version e.g. for testing purposes, SimShaker only detects one installation.
If you moved your DCS installation to another location like a SSD, SimShaker can not detect the new location. Here you need to modify your registry an correct the path to point to the correct installation location.
Using SSA for FSX/P3D requires an installed SimConnect.

Q: How can I help?
A: You could join the beta testing program. There is a donation button on the page to support to project.

Q: Why is model xyz not supported?
A: In most cases, we don't own the module or more unlikly are not interested in this model. Models we personally like will of course see more love during development. If you like to see support for a model we don’t own, help us to get access.

Q: I found a bug, what should I do?

A: Please report the bug to us with a very precise description. If possible add a track.

Q: I have an idea for a new effect, what should I do?
A: Please contact us with a detailed description of the new effect. If possible provide examples.

Q: An effect does not feel right for me, what can I do?
A: Please contact us and we try to find a solution.

Q: Why do I need a separate sound card to get the SoundModule working?
A: SimShaker generates specific sounds/effects sent to the bass shaker. If no separate sound card is used, this sound is then played through your speakers as well.

Q: My main board has a 5.1 surround sound card. Is this sufficient?
A: No, SimShaker's SoundModule requires a dedicated sound card or channel.

Q: Since using a separate sound card I don't get any bass shaking from normal sound. Is there a solution?
A: Yes, you can use Voicemeeter Banana Pro to mix SimShaker SoundModule sounds with normal sounds. Here (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=441) you can find a detailed description.

Q: My Rift is flickering when using SimShaker.
A: Please try another USB port. We have reports that if the Rift sensors and a SoundCard or Jetseat are connected to the same internal USB chips, you will get this flickering!

Feel the brrrrttt:

DCS Toggle Switches

Last edited by f4l0; 09-02-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #4
aeliusg

Reputation power: 4
aeliusg is on a distinguished road

How do I join the beta? Do I have to donate, or is that phrasing coincidental? Thanks for your work!
aeliusg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:33 PM   #5
Cowboy10uk

Reputation power: 31
Cowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to all

Is this a new purchase for current users or just an upgrade?

Whatever it does sound great, loving having my simseat work for more and more sims.

Cowboy10uk

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

Intel I5 3570K, 24GB DDR3 1600MHZ Ram, 3.5TB Hard Disk, Nvidia GTX 980TI Hybrid black edition, 55" 4K TV, 1 x Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus touch, TM Warthog Hotas, Komodo UH1 Collective, Saitek Pedals, Gametrix 908 Jetseat And a bloody awful Pilot
Cowboy10uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:58 PM   #6
TMMR

Reputation power: 0
TMMR is on a distinguished road

Yes! I too would like to get in on the beta, just picked up sim shaker about a week ago, so happy to see these features coming! Thanks for pushing this further.

Last edited by TMMR; 10-03-2016 at 06:02 PM.
TMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:03 PM   #7
funkyfranky

Reputation power: 19
funkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of lightfunkyfranky is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeliusg View Post
How do I join the beta? Do I have to donate, or is that phrasing coincidental? Thanks for your work!
It's a facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1750405591911776/
Donation is not a must but helps a lot I guess

Last edited by funkyfranky; 10-03-2016 at 06:31 PM. Reason: typo
funkyfranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:23 PM   #8
56RAF_Talisman

Reputation power: 5
56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough56RAF_Talisman will become famous soon enough

As a current customer I am excited by this news and would like to say congratulations and wish you good luck. I very much hope to be using your improved systems soon. To be able to use my jetseat and simshaker with DCS and CloD as well would be brilliant
I think you are likely to attract many new customers with this project and offer a great opportunity for improved flight simulation immersion for flight sim enthusiasts across the board
I wholeheartedly recommend the jetseat and simshaker to anyone who has not yet taken advantage of this great product. Moreover, the after sales service is excellent!

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman
56RAF_Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #9
hakjar

Reputation power: 12
hakjar will become famous soon enoughhakjar will become famous soon enoughhakjar will become famous soon enough

I agree, keep up the good work. I bought it and the jetseat early on and it's a great immersion to have it. I can't wait till I have the Oculus as well

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC Homebuilt: Intel i7-4790K, MSI-Gaming5, MSI Gaming X 1070, 32 GB DDR3, 240 GB SSD + 220 GB SSD Gaming: TM HOTAS WH, Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 4, Oculus Rift (soon)
hakjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:28 AM   #10
f4l0

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfranky View Post
It's a facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1750405591911776/
Donation is not a must but helps a lot I guess
Join the group and you will get latest news and beta versions...

I will fly/train with my squadron today and if everything works well Andre and I will prepare a beta release.

Feel the brrrrttt:

DCS Toggle Switches